New AAPG Player Stats Web Site

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    About 6 yrs too late but that is how we role here

Yeah, Doba...in six years even YOU could have learned to program....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,719Player
    edited November 26
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Doba is correct on this one. I emailed Tots requesting API access (as he asked us to do in the API announcement thread back then) on 1st of Oct. 2015, 13:03, still waiting for a response.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 579Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Doba is correct on this one. I emailed Tots requesting API access (as he asked us to do in the API announcement thread back then) on 1st of Oct. 2015, 13:03, still waiting for a response.

lol, nice.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 349Developer

Wish I knew that. We picked the 3 that had contacted me and they do have access at this time. I can see about getting you added too.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,719Player
    edited November 26

Wish I knew that. We picked the 3 that had contacted me and they do have access at this time. I can see about getting you added too.

Well, at this point I'm not even playing the game anymore so I didn't contact you when the topic was brought up again.

As you can imagine I'm thus not incredibly enthusiastic about this anymore but if there is no obligation for me to release anything I'd still be interested in exploring an idea I had recently and toying around with the API.
    As you can imagine I'm thus not incredibly enthusiastic about this anymore but if there is no obligation for me to release anything I'd still be interested in exploring an idea I had recently and toying around with the API.

I can imagine, but I'll see about adding a 4th if you PM me your email address. There is no obligation.
  • raw!^raw!^ Posts: 169Player
    I bet it didnt take a lot of time to create this...good try tho.
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    edited November 26
    Looking at it as a testbed for AAV. Great job tho!
    Oh well.
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 69Player
    Just for the fun of it, we are currently running a small proof-of-concept unofficial leaderboard at AAStats.com:

309895bfce5020ca84.png

The leaderboard is currently being populated and should be done within a few hours of this posting. If you scored a takedown any time within the past week, your stats were looked at for inclusion on the leaderboard.

The test is to see if we have sufficient stats access to maintain the leaderboard if we update it once per day, and also how much time it takes to process.
    doogle! wrote: »
    But need a lot more than a "top 5" splash page and more categories (KDR, for example)

I'm not sure if we have enough stats access to run a KDR board but I like the idea.

Obviously we don't want to include a new player who kills his friend 10 times, dies once, and ends up at the top of the board.

I could use some suggestions for the minimum player requirements to be included on a KDR leaderboard. Hours played is unreliable, but we have rounds and matches played, as well as overall kills/deaths numbers. Any of those could be used as a minimum entry point to be considered for the list.
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 31Player
    Not to go off topic... train derailment eminent... I am looking for a good php developer to join the UF Team just say'n

Big plus if you know your way around Invision Power Board...
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,938Player
    edited November 27
    Neat, it would be nice if we could get map stats at some point. That was one of my favorite parts about tracker, hitting x hours on certain maps.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Neat, it would be nice if we could get map stats at some point. That was one of my favorite parts about tracker, hitting x hours on certain maps.

I originally wanted to put some map data into the stats but there are a few obstacles.

Although player map sessions are recorded, the total playtime for each session is not. So we could conceivably count sessions and show a map usage breakdown for the player by sessions played but not by time played. Even with that limitation I think that would be a useful and interesting stat to have.

The biggest problem is the way the stats access for maps is currently designed. We would have to iterate through every map to check the player's play time on it, and there are close to 100 maps. Doing it that way would be horribly slow and blow through our access token allotment in a hurry.

What we really need is a call to get the player's sessions over all maps at once. Then we could store the results and update as needed in one call. Even better would be the ability to get a summary total of each map for a specific player, but we could easily work with the detail list.
    Prediction wrote: »
    Where are the skill based stats vs time played stats?

All of the current stats seem to cater to the more time you have in the game the more chances you will be at the top of most of these leaderboards. Kind of boring if you ask me.

What sort of skill-based stats would you like to see?

[soldier] wrote: »
    doogle! wrote: »
    But need a lot more than a "top 5" splash page and more categories (KDR, for example)

I'm not sure if we have enough stats access to run a KDR board but I like the idea.

Obviously we don't want to include a new player who kills his friend 10 times, dies once, and ends up at the top of the board.

I could use some suggestions for the minimum player requirements to be included on a KDR leaderboard. Hours played is unreliable, but we have rounds and matches played, as well as overall kills/deaths numbers. Any of those could be used as a minimum entry point to be considered for the list.

Definitely an entry level of kills is my opinion for KDR. Something not "easily" attained to avoid people from creating separate KDR accounts. 5000 kills? 3500?

But I'm an AA2 bubba. I tend to think the default stat displayed is total kills, with filters added (KDR, PPM, TDs, etc).
    edited November 28
    We have expanded the leaderboards test to include some requests made in this thread:

309895bfdeaa6d5558.png

The leaderboards are still being populated, if you played a round in the past 24 hours your stats were evaluated for inclusion on the leaderboards.

We have submitted a request to increase our stats database access to the level we need to keep these leaderboards up-to-date going forward.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester

Yeah. I know. I remember all that stuff. I was just ridin' Doba because he's such a.......................

I'm quite convinced though that blaming anyone for why it didn't happen is ignoring stuff like project management issues. We ALL wanted the stats pages and stuff to happen. Look at the in-house pages. They were better in beta. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -TGA-*Buurman*-TGA-*Buurman* Posts: 1Player
    What about a leaderboard with kills per weapon.
    The only problem with this would be that it will take a lot of leaderboard :o .

Love that it is easier to see some stats now thanks for your work.
    [soldier] wrote: »
    We have expanded the leaderboards test to include some requests made in this thread:

309895bfdeaa6d5558.png

The leaderboards are still being populated, if you played a round in the past 24 hours your stats were evaluated for inclusion on the leaderboards.

We have submitted a request to increase our stats database access to the level we need to keep these leaderboards up-to-date going forward.

And I have forwarded them on. Keep them coming.
    Great work soldier!

Asked for feedback, received feedback, implemented changes. Well done.