Switch Sides Option?

LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 279Player
I propose adding a switch side option which'll allow for players to switch teams mid-round when teams are unbalanced. This feature can also help parties out in cases where some of their members get split up/are on separate teams.

Many people (such as myself) dislike the un-even side glitch which is currently devastating the game right now (along with many other issues). I think an option like this would def. help temporarily combat the issue and provide relief. I especially hate it when they put me and 7 other good players against 1-4 nubs -- It makes me back out everytime.

I'd much rather struggle with a team of nubs than dominate with a team of vets; not b/c I want to lose but b/c I want my skills to be challenged.
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 32Player
    An auto balance would be better. If you give the option for anyone to change teams, it will be abused by those that don't like losing.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 579Player
    PS4 doesn't have auto balance??
    doogle! wrote: »

Only when the entire other team has left. So no.
    jgvn11 wrote: »

Only when the entire other team has left. So no.

lol wut. wow.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 279Player

the game does auto balance lobbies at the beginning however there's currently a glitch which is making the lobby un-balanced again.

An auto-balance for mid-rounds is a bad idea b/c people may not want to go on the other team, especially if they're winning and have done a lot of work to help their team win.

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 575Player

the game does auto balance lobbies at the beginning however there's currently a glitch which is making the lobby un-balanced again.

An auto-balance for mid-rounds is a bad idea b/c people may not want to go on the other team, especially if they're winning and have done a lot of work to help their team win.

It would still be better than having the teams be numerically uneven.

PC has had autobalance forever. I believe it moves players based on how recently they joined the server, although I could be wrong. If that's the case, in theory, the players who have been in the longest and had the greatest opportunity to contribute will be moved last.

Tough [TOS Violation]. That's much better than playing 2v5.

And as HIHAG pointed out, on PC the newest player in the server gets moved to autobalance.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 349Developer
    We are looking at how best to solve the issue.
    edited November 26

PC has had autobalance forever. I believe it moves players based on how recently they joined the server, although I could be wrong. If that's the case, in theory, the players who have been in the longest and had the greatest opportunity to contribute will be moved last.

Forcing players to go on the side (most likely the losing team/side) when they don't want to won't help much. If anything they'll just be encouraged to leave -- especially when their stats could be hurt by staying.

Seeing as how those on the winning side are typically less likely to leave mid-match, it's quite likely the vast majority of players on the side with more people will have equally done their fair share of work, in various ways.

And then again, time spent doesn't necessarily determine the amount of contribution given. A person who recently joined could perform better and do more work than a person who's been in the match for several rounds. If I recently join a match and turn things around for my team, I shouldn't be forced to go on the losing side and help out the side I was about to defeat b/c some of their folks decided to rage quit.

P0asKE2.jpg
    I think everyone is thinking to hard on this. If the teams become drastically uneven, it should just swap someone. It shouldn't matter if it is the best player or worse.
    If the match is 6v5, leave as is, but as soon as it becomes 6v4 or more, it moves a random player. Even 8v6 or equivalent isn't bad in most cases. There have been matches where the game STARTS off 8v5 or so, and that is the issue. If people leave, just random auto balance.

Forcing players to go on the side (most likely the losing team/side) when they don't want to won't help much. If anything they'll just be encouraged to leave -- especially when their stats could be hurt by staying.

Seeing as how those on the winning side are typically less likely to leave mid-match, it's quite likely the vast majority of players on the side with more people will have equally done their fair share of work, in various ways.

And then again, time spent doesn't necessarily determine the amount of contribution given. A person who recently joined could perform better and do more work than a person who's been in the match for several rounds. If I recently join a match and turn things around for my team, I shouldn't be forced to go on the losing side and help out the side I was about to defeat b/c some of their folks decided to rage quit.

Are you seriously saying that if it goes from 8v8 to 8v4 it should just stay that way and not be balanced to 6v6?

Incredible.

Are you seriously saying that if it goes from 8v8 to 8v4 it should just stay that way and not be balanced to 6v6?

Incredible.

If no one wants to go to the other side than yes. The game could simply find some people to fill in those spots if need be. The problem is that this doesn't occur as often as it should, probably due to poor matchmaking.

P0asKE2.jpg

Incredible.

If no one wants to go to the other side than yes. The game could simply find some people to fill in those spots if need be. The problem is that this doesn't occur as often as it should, probably due to poor matchmaking.

And you're not trolling?
    edited November 26

Incredible.

And you're not trolling?

???

It's fine if you don't agree with someone, but I believe it to be proper netiquette to avoid silly name-calling.

What I find "incredible" is that you believe if my team dominates the other side and makes some/most of em RQ, I should then be forced to go to the losing side. I am now being punished for helping my team win -- that doesn't make any sense to me

This is the first I'm ever hearing of a feature like this. Not a single COD or Battlefield, or MP title I've played has ever had this "auto-balance" mid round

P0asKE2.jpg

Incredible.

And you're not trolling?

???

It's fine if you don't agree with someone, but I believe it to be proper netiquette to avoid silly name-calling.

What I find "incredible" is that you believe if my team dominates the other side and makes some/most of em RQ, I should then be forced to go to the losing side. I am now being punished for helping my team win -- that doesn't make any sense to me

This is the first I'm ever hearing of a feature like this. Not a single COD or Battlefield, or MP title I've played has ever had this "auto-balance" mid round

Then set it up so if the teams get too unbalanced, the match ends. I don't think that's a reasonable solution, but it's still better than continuing on with unbalanced teams as you're suggesting.

jgvn11 wrote: »
    I think everyone is thinking to hard on this. If the teams become drastically uneven, it should just swap someone. It shouldn't matter if it is the best player or worse.
    If the match is 6v5, leave as is, but as soon as it becomes 6v4 or more, it moves a random player. Even 8v6 or equivalent isn't bad in most cases. There have been matches where the game STARTS off 8v5 or so, and that is the issue. If people leave, just random auto balance.

He's got it right. Randomly pick a player. Go by last joined. Whatever method. But the teams need to be at worst one player different at the start of each round. To suggest otherwise is absurd.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 349Developer
    And you're not trolling?

I don't think he's trolling -- he's right. Our matchmaking should fill in the other team to put it back to 8v8, not force players to swap if they're with their friends, etc. That's a matchmaking problem.
    And you're not trolling?

I don't think he's trolling -- he's right. Our matchmaking should fill in the other team to put it back to 8v8, not force players to swap if they're with their friends, etc. That's a matchmaking problem.

He's partially right. Yes, that would be the ideal solution, but it would be better to swap people from the other team than to play 8v4 as he proposed. If you want to take steps to keep parties together and have the player(s) swapped be solo or partied with each other, that would make sense to me.

The worst option is leaving the teams uneven, which he ranked near the top of his options.
    IMO, The simple solution Hollywood, is to swap the newest player that is not in a party. Parties being swapped should be all or nothing.

In no circumstance should a team have to play 8v4. Who cares if we upset one of the 30k PS4 players and they ragequit the server. Repeatedly playing 8v4 rounds is enough to make a player ragequit the game completely due to poor (non-existent) auto-balance mechanics.
    IMO, The simple solution Hollywood, is to swap the newest player that is not in a party. Parties being swapped should be all or nothing.

In no circumstance should a team have to play 8v4. Who cares if we upset one of the 30k PS4 players and they ragequit the server. Repeatedly playing 8v4 rounds is enough to make a player ragequit the game completely due to poor (non-existent) auto-balance mechanics.

If some of a team's guys decide to leave and the match ends up 8v4 then tough luck, they'll simply have to play it out and wait for some guys to join. Typically this doesn't happen till the match is almost over anyway, when the score is 4-0, 5-2, 5-3, ect.

To answer your question, obviously the PS4 players and the Devs care if PS4 guys are getting upset b/c the game is placing them on the otherside every time someone leaves. Repeatedly being put through that is more than enough to make a person quit the game.

P0asKE2.jpg

If some of a team's guys decide to leave and the match ends up 8v4 then tough luck, they'll simply have to play it out and wait for some guys to join. Typically this doesn't happen till the match is almost over anyway, when the score is 4-0, 5-2, 5-3, ect.

To answer your question, obviously the PS4 players and the Devs care if PS4 guys are getting upset b/c the game is placing them on the otherside every time someone leaves. Repeatedly being put through that is more than enough to make a person quit the game.

Doogle is exactly right.

Taking a team that is already losing and making them play short is much worse than moving some non-party players off of the winning side to even things out.

Your claims are ridiculous.