How cool would it be if........

Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 54Player
edited November 15 in PS4
There was a button to prevent people from reviving you at the wrong time.

Thoughts...
«1

Comments

  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 75Player
    uh??
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 575Player
    There was a button to prevent people from reviving you at the wrong time.

    Thoughts...

    It's been brought up before. I don't really remember the discussion. It would be a nice feature to have, though.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 32Player
    I wish, so many times I'm getting on someone for going for a dumb revive instead of killing the other team first.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 931Moderator
    edited November 15
    setbind key withdraw
    If theres such thing as a console on the consoles...
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    Communicate with, and teach newer players how to clear an area. Anyone doing that?
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 32Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Communicate with, and teach newer players how to clear an area. Anyone doing that?

    You can only try so many times, to so many different players. Especially when they are 9-16 years old.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 575Player
    frankof wrote: »
    setbind key withdraw
    If theres such thing as a console on the consoles...

    Doesn't that command still have a 3-5 second delay?

    Obviously that would stop you from being revived at all, but the OP is asking about being able to decline a revive when you hear an approaching enemy, a grenade is on you, or you're being body-camped, for example. His request is situational and he would like to be able to be revived later when it's safe.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 279Player
    edited November 19
    I disagree, What happens if I risk trying to rev a person and then they don't want to be revived? I think since I've already went out of my way to pick em, up, the least they can do is get up and give the enemy someone else to shoot at.

    Plus if there's an enemy near-by that they haven't noticed -- the chances are quite likely he'll be killed anyway. Then who's going to revive you?


    It makes since to have it in a respawn game like Battlefield cause a person may want to spawn somewhere else, change class, ect -- but not so much in this game.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    edited November 19
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Communicate with, and teach newer players how to clear an area. Anyone doing that?

    This made me laugh so hard, and trust me.. I tried to help people, a full month.. And it took away all the fun in playing this game, not only are most players not willing to listen because they think they know it better it's also a waste of play time for yourself..

    I think the community would benefit from an accept or decline option on revive with a 3 second timer to select what you want, changing people's mind in this day and age is just a fairy tail people still believe in.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,938Player
    edited November 20
    I've tried saying don't revive me, don't revive me, in mic over and over and people don't listen. Also, the fact that you usually have no idea where a voice is coming from doesn't help (which a little distance indicator on the side bar would be useful). Anyway, people asked for this years ago and it never happened, so I doubt it will ever happen.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,363Player
    Its pointless saying don't revive me because many do it just for the points I am sure we had decline option in the first beta why can it not be added again.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 441Beta Tester
    Its pointless saying don't revive me because many do it just for the points I am sure we had decline option in the first beta why can it not be added again.

    I played the open beta from day 1, I don't remember this...
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,363Player
    You old you forget =)
  • SimonSaizSimonSaiz Posts: 45Player
    there was Never a decline option
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 349Developer
    I've tried saying don't revive me, don't revive me, in mic over and over and people don't listen. Also, the fact that you usually have no idea where a voice is coming from doesn't help (which a little distance indicator on the side bar would be useful). Anyway, people asked for this years ago and it never happened, so I doubt it will ever happen.

    Why would we ever want that?


    KABUL, Afghanistan -- In what may be an American first, today a US Army soldier's battle buddy came back to camp without his partner. He was quoted as saying, "My battle buddy went down and asked me to leave him, so I did."
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 32Player
    edited November 20
    KABUL, Afghanistan -- In what may be an American first, today a US Army soldier's battle buddy came back to camp without his partner. He was quoted as saying, "My battle buddy went down and asked me to leave him, so I did."

    You would also never go on patrol with only a battle buddy. =P
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    edited November 20
    I've tried saying don't revive me, don't revive me, in mic over and over and people don't listen. Also, the fact that you usually have no idea where a voice is coming from doesn't help (which a little distance indicator on the side bar would be useful). Anyway, people asked for this years ago and it never happened, so I doubt it will ever happen.

    Why would we ever want that?


    KABUL, Afghanistan -- In what may be an American first, today a US Army soldier's battle buddy came back to camp without his partner. He was quoted as saying, "My battle buddy went down and asked me to leave him, so I did."

    Why would you want that, mh maybe because your players asking for it. You know, those same players that are keeping this game project alive and making it worthed for you to get to the studio everyday.

    Also, leaving a fallen behind on the real battlefield and leaving a fallen behind in a virtual arena are two different worlds. In AAPG they don't care or even think about that, they see easy points so they go for it and don't care that it ruins other players day and making them leave that server because of their greedy bs.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 575Player
    I disagree, What happens if I risk trying to rev a person and then they don't want to be revived? I think since I've already went out of my way to pick em, up, the least they can do is get up and give the enemy someone else to shoot at.

    Plus if there's an enemy near-by that they haven't noticed -- the chances are quite likely he'll be killed anyway. Then who's going to revive you?


    It makes since to have it in a respawn game like Battlefield cause a person may want to spawn somewhere else, change class, ect -- but not so much in this game.

    So because you made a poor choice to revive me, I should have to die along with you? Or be the one who gets shot so you can get away?

    I would rather not be revived at all than be revived and immediately killed again.

    There have been a few times where I've been picked up in a bad position and survivrd, but more often than not, I'm dead before I can even move.

    That said, I do think the decline option would have to be executed in the narrow window of the revive process. To have three seconds to decide opens up the potential of popping up after an enemy has dismissed you as a potential threat.

    Another possibility would be a toggle that sets you as unrevivable.

  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 117Player
    edited November 20
    I don't agree there should be a revive decline or accept button. I have had many cases where the down player was yelling don't revive because they believed the area was not clear but I was pretty certain it was and in that case I would be wasting a ton of time to change my position to help that team-mate up only to be declined which would eventually just lead to players not wasting time with revives.

    Also I can see abuse in having this decline button in the fact that players like to troll and would decline revives on purpose to certain players so they don't get the points they deserve.

    A couple of ideas that I think would be better than a decline button are:

    First idea and the most simplest to implement would be to just deduct points on an unsuccessful revive and also not count it as a revive on the stats board. (player would have to stay alive for X amount of seconds after being revived for it to count as a successful revive)

    Second idea which would require a little more effort would be to keep track of the players unsuccessful revives and if they have 3 consecutive they would be forced to go through a revive training simulator before being allowed to perform revives again.

  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    Prediction wrote: »
    I don't agree there should be a revive button. I have had many cases where the down player was yelling don't revive because they believed the area was not clear but I was pretty certain it was and in that case I would be wasting a ton of time to change my position to help that team-mate up only to be declined which would eventually just lead to players not wasting time with revives.

    Thank you for showing us the point we made all those times, if a player tells you not to revive because of something they believe you still go for it because you know it better..

    Prediction wrote: »
    Also I can see abuse in having this decline button in the fact that players like to troll and would decline revives on purpose to certain players so they don't get the points they deserve.

    Like everything else is open to abuse, so what if people decline, specially after they told them not to revive. You going to be mad because he took revive points away? Stop being greedy then.

    Prediction wrote: »
    A couple of ideas that I think would be better than a decline button are:

    First idea and the most simplest to implement would be to just deduct points on an unsuccessful revive and also not count it as a revive on the stats board. (player would have to stay alive for X amount of seconds after being revived for it to count as a successful revive)

    Second idea which would require a little more effort would be to keep track of the players unsuccessful revives and if they have 3 consecutive they would be forced to go through a revive training simulator before being allowed to perform revives again.

    Both idea's still punish the person getting revived, sure you can send them to training so that they can come back and do the same thing all over again and again.
Sign In or Register to comment.