CVAR's we dont need to check for in Competition. We need to run CVAR CHECKS!

Comments

• [nrk]zmB-.-[nrk]zmB-.- Posts: 85Player
    Distortion=False
    LightEnvironmentShadows=False

Set this. And you get kicked from nearly every Server out there. Standart cvarchecks.

No knowledge = rigid rules.

I would like to say that your server is North Korea style, but I will not :P
    hehe i dont have a server.
    But i got kicked sometimes for that.
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,048Moderator
    Yes I understand how livesecure works.. I was wondering what is checked there..

Also what does here do?
    MipFadeInSpeed0=0 (default: 0.3)
    MipFadeOutSpeed0=0 (default: 0.1)
    MipFadeInSpeed1=0 (default: 2.0)
    MipFadeOutSpeed1=0 (default: 1.0)

Nothing, its parts of the settings to load all textures into the video memory and keep them there, its only half the story tho, theres more changes that needs to be done to get it to work.
    Game is normally smoother at the cost of a lot higher vram usage, typically up against 2 GB.
    The way UE3 handles texture streaming is a compromise towards the consoles/multi platform capability's, tweaking it on pc lets the hardware use the resources better.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Yes I understand how livesecure works.. I was wondering what is checked there..

Also what does here do?
    MipFadeInSpeed0=0 (default: 0.3)
    MipFadeOutSpeed0=0 (default: 0.1)
    MipFadeInSpeed1=0 (default: 2.0)
    MipFadeOutSpeed1=0 (default: 1.0)

Nothing, its parts of the settings to load all textures into the video memory and keep them there, its only half the story tho, theres more changes that needs to be done to get it to work.
    Game is normally smoother at the cost of a lot higher vram usage, typically up against 2 GB.
    The way UE3 handles texture streaming is a compromise towards the consoles/multi platform capability's, tweaking it on pc lets the hardware use the resources better.

ok.. so if you have set this load times to 0 it only uses better vram.. thanks
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited June 2015
    "Texture pop" is what happens when, as you approach an object in game, a low detail texture is replaced with a higher detail version. Those cvars control how quickly one texture replaces another. Fading can look smoother, or it can be distracting, depending on how you feel about the effect.

As Frankof hints at, higher end systems can handle loading more high detail textures at once and displaying more of them at further distances. That can change the relative value of fading between different detail levels.

Edit to add: those lines themselves won't increase vram usage. They can help with the results of other changes that would increase it.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    So Tots pretty much said CVAR checks are easy to get around for players that are going to exploit.

Yet Dragon mentioned two kicks in 1 game.

...anyway have we ever got an answer why the ini. Simply can't be accessible? ..just the engine for ppl who need graphical tweaks to raise fps.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited July 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    So Tots pretty much said CVAR checks are easy to get around for players that are going to exploit.

...anyway have we ever got an answer why the ini. Simply can't be accessible? ..just the engine for ppl who need graphical tweaks to raise fps.

Because there are people with obsession about editing ini. In their mind tweaking ini means illegal hyper magic impossible hax adventage. It does not matter you are just a better, more experienced and more smart player. You win only because of ini tweak. Dot. Finito
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    First than cvars... we need anti-cheat spirit...
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Maybe the combination of both a good, able player.. who also tweaks them ini's at the same time.. is too much for people to handle.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited July 2015
    Someone editing ini to give him less recoil isn't too much to handle.. it's cheats flat out cheats

Again.. Why can't we lock the ini's down????? No legit player will have a problem with this

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Someone editing ini to give him less recoil isn't too much to handle.. it's cheats flat out cheats

Again.. Why can't we lock the ini's down????? No legit player will have a problem with this

With an IF
    IF we can change ANY graphic variable in the in-game menu so people with not so good pc can still play the game well.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    Really?
    Outside of the real exploits, that should be bugged and fixed anyway, theres a great over belief in tweaks making a huge difference and greatly improve a mediocre player to some sort of super human kill em all fps god.
    Some admins actually believe that colored boxes around players are accomplished via ini tweaks because the cheater said so.
    "im not cheating, its tweaks!"

As for locking ini's down, i dont think its technically possible or desirable.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • [nrk]zmB-.-[nrk]zmB-.- Posts: 85Player
    Its part of fps games for years now. Why change?
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
    Right.. I said except the engine.ini in the previous post.. not gonna repeat that part everytime because it's obvious you're not gonna be god from gaining FPS.

Also no cheat lines in engine..

Also yes it could be bugged reported and fixed.. does that mean a skilled programmer can't figure it out?

Soo..why can't they just be locked...

It's not possible?.. ok then tell me that..Dev.. but we've never got an answer that I can recall...ok if not locked what about not visible.. I don't know I'm not a programmer.. but I'm guessing something can be done to help us out

Password protected ini ?

edited July 2015
    Right.. I said except the engine.ini in the previous post.. not gonna repeat that part everytime because it's obvious you're not gonna be god from gaining FPS.

Also yes it could be bugged reported and fixed.. does that mean a skilled programmer can't figure it out?

Ok, so no setting up a personalized server then, that runs from AAGame.ini
    No changing of crosshair, thats in AAUI.ini
    Special settings for editor?, nope, its in AAEditor files(not that i think many will tweak the editor files tho)
    Keybinds? well, its in AAinput.ini
    Video card unidentified by the game? its in AACompat.ini (not that it makes a difference, its just "nice")
    Some things are not as straight forward as it looks ;)

Oh, and i almost forgot, a lot of the graphics tweaks you can do in the ini files you can do in the video card drivers as well, and then some.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    edited July 2015
    Hey programmers.. figure it out.. that's how it works no?.. the man in charge says what he wants and it's up to the programmers to figure it out.. well get figuring :smiley:

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    edited July 2015
    frankof wrote: »

Ok, so no setting up a personalized server then, that runs from AAGame.ini
    No changing of crosshair, thats in AAUI.ini
    Special settings for editor?, nope, its in AAEditor files(not that i think many will tweak the editor files tho)
    Keybinds? well, its in AAinput.ini
    Video card unidentified by the game? its in AACompat.ini (not that it makes a difference, its just "nice")
    Some things are not as straight forward as it looks ;)

Oh, and i almost forgot, a lot of the graphics tweaks you can do in the ini files you can do in the video card drivers as well, and then some.

Most actual tweaks which give an advantage are things in the sound card driver (equalizer, SVM kind of stuff), in the video card driver (colour corrections) or some other stuff.
    Ini is not the thing people should be worried about.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015
    I'd like to point out I couldn’t get the game to play on a 9800GTX on all low graphical settings ingame, it constantly crashed to desktop after 5 mins of playing (I picked it up at a dodgy market for £4 :) ) a graphics card which is stated as a minimum requirement to run the game.

Before it gets said.. The card is fine, I tested it with other games too :lol:

So in that respect.. It's little wonder people may have such a need to tweak things.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player

Well the cvar script was running unaware to the other team. If there was word of servers running cvar checks, i'm sure they might have bothered to write their tweaks in a way that bypasses the checks.

It's one of those things where it'll catch some who have not bothered to google how to bypass the checks, but those who wish to remain hidden will easily do so.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions