A reason to play the game

-=HELL=-PrOb3-=HELL=-PrOb3 Posts: 3Player
edited November 14 in General Discussion
Foreword:
I know there are many different players in every game.
Some play for a good K/D ratio, some play for fun and to spend time, others play competative tournaments and playstile, want to be better everyday.
Other might be like me, I like playing for a goal, a reason, more than just to keep in touch with old friends and sosialise for the community.
I want the challenges, something to work for. Some games added that as a prestige level, others have infinite goals when youre max level.
AAPG has nothing.
The one reason I started a second account.

First account and second account being:

#1 -=[TOS Violation]=-Pr0b3 using a "0" (Numeric "Zero")
https://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/2351

#2 -=[TOS Violation]=-PrOb3 using a "O" (Alphabetic "Oh")
https://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/3885087
(for those curious)

Now I can play for challenges again, although I had a few left on my first account, two pistol challenges and a shotgun challenge.
Did not make it fun for me to play other than to just do whatever and talk with my friends in game.

With my second account I ran into a problem right away that many are aware of, DEV is working on it. Training to get bronze or better does not register and you cant continue challenges. Maybe more problems are behind this all, and its not always an easy fix. but I'm looking forward to when they do fix it. I'm hoping it will be in the next fix.

The second problem I had is offcourse the first thing many expect when you got a second account:
"What happened to your first account?"
When you allready get accused by players to use hacks, a second account does not help much.
But the good thing is that there are still many who know how to check and run backgrounds, know what to look for and just keep it as a suspicion other than accuse and ban.

My hope is that [AA Dev] team thinks about this.
Maybe finds an idea to keep challenges going (Yes many players care about it, cant be only me)
Many players do not go on these forums either, they just play the game for what it is, even when they do have ideas and opinions.
Making more challenges, and more reasons to play would also keep more players ingame, maybe even get more new players.

I keep meeting new players lately, even without AA being advertising much or at all.
Then I try teaching them good ways to play the game, give em hints and tips with hopes that they also will keep playing like a few of the remaining oldschool players that are still here.
15-16 years ingame for me, remember a few from the start also that still keeps it going.
Many dont like big changes in game play, but that wont change ever.
But reasons to want to keep playing for goals, when not level or rank(not that it matters)
Prestige is one option
Challenges are an other option
More unique weapon paintjobs that are hard to actually get
maybe different gear, gear that also could be hard to get.
Easy stuff gets ppl bored faster
but combine it with easy and hard to make both new players and oldschool satisfied.
gear and paint jobs dont need to make someone better or worse, its just more like a showoff. something fun and something to laugh about. keep it interesting-

This is just some ideas I had, dont expect ppl to agree or disagree, just nod and come with your own ideas that could make the game more interesting for you (without actually changing the game itself) just small stuff that makes a big difference.

-Pr0b3

Comments

• Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 54Player
    I just wish there was an option to play with decent KD players that use mics who attempt to communicate and work with teammates.

The noob lobbies are killing the game for me.
  • -=HELL=-PrOb3-=HELL=-PrOb3 Posts: 3Player
    edited November 14
    For consoles?
    I play on PC

For you there probably should be an option to select criterias for the server.
    -Mic on/off
    -Minimum Player rank
    -Maximum player rank (for new players, so they don't have to play against overskilled players compared to them)

Atleast

Not everybody has a mic or want to use a mic on PC, that's fine tho. Eventually when youre in a bad mood youd just mute them anyways because this game is made tactical enough so that you need to listen, use sound, don't make sound. Move smart.
    With a karreokebar in your headset this is impossible XD
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 355Developer
    Foreword:
    I know there are many different players in every game.
    Some play for a good K/D ratio, some play for fun and to spend time, others play competative tournaments and playstile, want to be better everyday.
    Other might be like me, I like playing for a goal, a reason, more than just to keep in touch with old friends and sosialise for the community.
    I want the challenges, something to work for. Some games added that as a prestige level, others have infinite goals when youre max level.
    AAPG has nothing.
    The one reason I started a second account.

First account and second account being:

#1 -=[TOS Violation]=-Pr0b3 using a "0" (Numeric "Zero")
    https://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/2351

#2 -=[TOS Violation]=-PrOb3 using a "O" (Alphabetic "Oh")
    https://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/3885087
    (for those curious)

Now I can play for challenges again, although I had a few left on my first account, two pistol challenges and a shotgun challenge.
    Did not make it fun for me to play other than to just do whatever and talk with my friends in game.

With my second account I ran into a problem right away that many are aware of, DEV is working on it. Training to get bronze or better does not register and you cant continue challenges. Maybe more problems are behind this all, and its not always an easy fix. but I'm looking forward to when they do fix it. I'm hoping it will be in the next fix.

The second problem I had is offcourse the first thing many expect when you got a second account:
    "What happened to your first account?"
    When you allready get accused by players to use hacks, a second account does not help much.
    But the good thing is that there are still many who know how to check and run backgrounds, know what to look for and just keep it as a suspicion other than accuse and ban.

My hope is that [AA Dev] team thinks about this.
    Maybe finds an idea to keep challenges going (Yes many players care about it, cant be only me)
    Many players do not go on these forums either, they just play the game for what it is, even when they do have ideas and opinions.
    Making more challenges, and more reasons to play would also keep more players ingame, maybe even get more new players.

I keep meeting new players lately, even without AA being advertising much or at all.
    Then I try teaching them good ways to play the game, give em hints and tips with hopes that they also will keep playing like a few of the remaining oldschool players that are still here.
    15-16 years ingame for me, remember a few from the start also that still keeps it going.
    Many dont like big changes in game play, but that wont change ever.
    But reasons to want to keep playing for goals, when not level or rank(not that it matters)
    Prestige is one option
    Challenges are an other option
    More unique weapon paintjobs that are hard to actually get
    maybe different gear, gear that also could be hard to get.
    Easy stuff gets ppl bored faster
    but combine it with easy and hard to make both new players and oldschool satisfied.
    gear and paint jobs dont need to make someone better or worse, its just more like a showoff. something fun and something to laugh about. keep it interesting-

This is just some ideas I had, dont expect ppl to agree or disagree, just nod and come with your own ideas that could make the game more interesting for you (without actually changing the game itself) just small stuff that makes a big difference.

-Pr0b3

The shoothouse challenges are a known issue and being worked.

Recurring achievements/challenges is an item already on my board to be done.
    I just wish there was an option to play with decent KD players that use mics who attempt to communicate and work with teammates.

There is - join a clan and get into the tournament scene.

You will also be out of noob lobbies after level 5, or when playing with a party.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,348Beta Tester
    I think it's funny that people use K/D as an indicator of skill because to get a high K/D you had to play against people who were WAY less good than you. If you actually play against challenging opponents, you won't have a high K/D!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 283Player
    edited November 14
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I think it's funny that people use K/D as an indicator of skill because to get a high K/D you had to play against people who were WAY less good than you. If you actually play against challenging opponents, you won't have a high K/D!!

and if you suck, you wont have a high KD either way.

KD is a good indicator of skill b/c its something which can be easily measured. So is Rank and accuracy. Keep in mind that that although stats like KD can suggest the skill of a player, the stat alone can't determine the skill.

Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 443Beta Tester
    edited November 14

KD is a good indicator of skill b/c its something which can be easily measured. So is Rank and accuracy. Keep in mind that that although stats like KD can suggest the skill of a player, the stat alone can't determine the skill.

An easy-to-see indicator is not to be confused with a good indicator. If "you suck" that means you play with people better than yourself all the time. So you KD decreases. Basically, Keebler is kind of right. If you play with better opponents, than you your KD drops, if you play against worse players, it increases. This is still a massive generalization thou... I mean taking out the best enemy player might be more beneficial for your team than taking out 3 newbies.

A good question is: how do you measure someone "being good"? Getting kills? Or winning rounds? Maybe winning matches? Not a simple question to answer...

If you look at competitive games (CSGO, R6S) you will see that they use some ELO-point system, but the exacts workings are not clear.

Note:
    KD can be a good skill indicator under some very special circumstances (which are probably quite far from reality). IF you assume, that players are matched against each other in a completely random manner AND you assume they play a very large number of matches, their KD will correlate to their skill pretty good.
    The skill = KD theory is usually ruined because of you opponenst not being perfectly random. So you play clan matches? Ruined. Parties? Ruined. Regions to give you low ping? Probably ruined. Etc...

As a result, as soon as you applied KD based matchmaking, your opponenst would not be random. Thus using KD as a basis for matchmaking would immediately ruin KD's validity to be a measure of skill.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 581Player

You're correct that a high KDR can suggest skill, but it's not a guaranteed thing. As I said in another post recently, the player who constantly joins the losing team or plays competitively is going to have a lower KDR than someone who only pubs on the winning side.

Rank and accuracy are absolutely meaningless in determining skill. I really wouldn't even call them suggestive.

Rank means playtime. Period. It's a long grind no matter how good you are, and most points are based on team events, so the individual player doesn't have a ton of control over how quickly they accumulate points. XP/min would be a better indicator, but would still favor those who join the winning side more often.

Accuracy in itself doesn't mean much. My M4 accuracy is something like 11.3%, and I, once upon a time, was a top NA comp player. I prefire common spots or if I'm pushing a known enemy. I'll attempt to wall people if the map allows it. On Crossfire I used to spam the top of yellow stairs through one of the boarded box room windows regularly at the start of a round. This means a lot of missing, but it's also effective strategy.

Compare this to the person who only fires when the enemy is already on their screen. They likely have a higher accuracy, sure, but are they the better player? Probably not. Of course there are people with low accuracy numbers that are just bad at aiming, but you don't really know that without seeing them play.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 581Player
    Note:
    KD can be a good skill indicator under some very special circumstances (which are probably quite far from reality). IF you assume, that players are matched against each other in a completely random manner AND you assume they play a very large number of matches, their KD will correlate to their skill pretty good.
    The skill = KD theory is usually ruined because of you opponenst not being perfectly random. So you play clan matches? Ruined. Parties? Ruined. Regions to give you low ping? Probably ruined. Etc...

As a result, as soon as you applied KD based matchmaking, your opponenst would not be random. Thus using KD as a basis for matchmaking would immediately ruin KD's validity to be a measure of skill.

This is why I think the suggestion of using KDR for team balance is a better option than trying to fill a whole server with "good" players. If there are eight players with KDR's of: 2.5, 2.2, 1.8, 1.6, 1.3, 1.1, .9 and .7 in a server, teams of 2.5, 1.6, 1.3, .7 vs. 2.2, 1.8, 1.1, .9 might be fair-ish. Obviously it still wouldn't be a perfect system, and wouldn't work with how I understand the PS4 party system to work anyway. Maybe instead of saying "I have a 2.1 KDR, so everyone in my server should also" you say "I have a 2.1 KDR, so there should be a player on the opposing team that does also."

You will also be out of noob lobbies after level 5, or when playing with a party.

The clan scene is limited on ps4. There is no competitive ladders so what's the point. Your team dropped the ball in this regard. Most current ps4 clans suck and have zero teamwork, bunch of forest gumps running around.

I'm MSG3 and when i search for a random lobby it usually puts me in a room full of privates. Lame.

If you want some pointers on how to create a more tactical challenging environment, I'll be glad to help.

The clan scene is limited on ps4. There is no competitive ladders so what's the point. Your team dropped the ball in this regard. Most current ps4 clans suck and have zero teamwork, bunch of forest gumps running around.

I'm MSG3 and when i search for a random lobby it usually puts me in a room full of privates. Lame.

If you want some pointers on how to create a more tactical challenging environment, I'll be glad to help.

Ladders, rankings, and seeds are exactly what these third party leagues like BattlegroundsGG and Urgent Fury are offering now that private lobbies make organized competitive play a reality.

Yes people suck right now and don't realize it, because this higher level of play wasn't really possible before on PS4 on a wide scale.

Of course the clan scene is limited since all this serious clan play just started! Maybe try forming your own clan and dominate these leagues that are so far beneath you since you feel so strongly about it.

And you are welcome to post your pointers anywhere on the forum just like everyone else -- I'll make sure my notepad is ready.
    I will check those sites out. Thx

Love the game. Just miss the old days of competitive gaming.
  • -=HELL=-Pr0b3-=HELL=-Pr0b3 Posts: 73Player

This makes me excited! And looking forward for it, im guessing theres not been set any date for it yet that you can say anything about?

I for one am glad its on the "to do list"! :)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,787Player
    Yes people suck right now and don't realize it, because this higher level of play wasn't really possible before on PS4 on a wide scale.

QFT

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 31Player
    Guys if you are looking for clans to play with check the clan section here on the forums, I know a couple of the teams playing in our League are starting to recruit more.
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com

This makes me excited! And looking forward for it, im guessing theres not been set any date for it yet that you can say anything about?

I for one am glad its on the "to do list"! :)

I do not have a set date. But I can tell you it does already work for the betas (by command prompt) so they can test various achievement bugs. Hopefully the effort required to make it live is quite small.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 587Player
    Note:
    KD can be a good skill indicator under some very special circumstances (which are probably quite far from reality)..

though I agree with most of what you said, this statement in a vacuum is false. I'd say that more often than not, KD is a good skill indicator in MOST circumstances.

Sadly the player base isn't large enough for MMR.

Unless Sony PS5 and XBOX 3000 supports mouse /keyboard and we get some good cross platform game play. .

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 720Player
    KD is a good indicator of skill b/c its something which can be easily measured.

Am I the most skilled player here then? o:)

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • KD is a good indicator of skill b/c its something which can be easily measured.

Am I the most skilled player here then? o:)

Nope you are not when you are shooting at me :).
    Replying to the other quote: whit how many times the database has been messed up counting twice or more K/D is not a good indicator. Then again what do I know I have only put 17233 days of play time on my second account ;)
  • -=HELL=-Pr0b3-=HELL=-Pr0b3 Posts: 73Player
    I love u all, was just hoping for more ideas to improve the game tho ;)