Single Bullet Bug?

Anyone else have it happen where you go to shoot your full auto M4 and only one bullet comes out and then you have to click the mouse again for it to start shooting full auto? This has gotten me killed so many times.
You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    I've seen this. Can't figure out how to repro it though...!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 580Player
    Rare but very annoying.
    AAPG is good!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,363Player
    Yes I get it a lot and so do my members.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 441Beta Tester
    edited October 30
    I heard about this, even saw a video once. Maybe it even happened to me, I don't remember, I rarely use the M4 nowadays...

If you have it on video, please post it, or send it to me, etc. The more clips, the better. If possible, the video should contain not just the bug, but some events before it. The more clips, the better. If we want even a slight change for repro, we have to find something common in these situations beyond that "I tried to shoot a bad guy".
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,938Player
    Here you go. Interesting thing to note is that when I switch back from semi to auto I hear it click twice.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Here you go. Interesting thing to note is that when I switch back from semi to auto I hear it click twice.

Neat, thanks. Keep posting them if you come across this bug.
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    edited November 3

That's why I always tab fire, even with full auto.. Will safe you a lot at the end of the day.
  • NOUMENOXNOUMENOX Posts: 5Player

That's why I always tab fire, even with full auto.. Will safe you a lot at the end of the day.

what is tab fire?

btw this is definitely a thing.
    NOUMENOX wrote: »

what is tab fire?

btw this is definitely a thing.

I think it is a typo, it was meant to be "tap" fire. It's a firing technique, when you fire 1-2 bullets with one mouse click. So you don't hold the trigger to go full auto, but keep releasing the trigger and pulling it again.

Guys, if you know this is happening, please make videos of it and send them to me/post them here, etc. One clip is not enough for recognizing what is actually going on.

Just to emphasize: I'm not questioning the existence of the problem. But if we want a chance for discovering the circumstances, when it happens, we need more clips. As many as we can get. (Un)fortunately I don't experience this bug (probably because I pick the M16+red dot over the M4...) so I can't get these clips myself.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,334Beta Tester
    Problem with that video by Whiplash is you can't tell what was intended/how button was pushed. So, on the face of it, it seems nothing is wrong. The viewer has to assume certain things, and that's no way to be scientific.

So, I assume Whiplash you meant to fire a string of full auto at the Opfor and held the button down? I saw TWO bullets index in the bullet count, however I only heard one shot and one return hit (at the same time the second bullet is indicated on your round count.)

This is the problem we've had for a long time now. How do you tell what was being done with the mouse or what input signals were being received by the game at the time of the video? It's almost impossible to know if our mouse actually fired an input into the game, so how do we track this bug? (and I've had it too, so I'm not saying it isn't there!!!)

The repro is "Play, and hold the fire button down." but in reality that doesn't tell us anything. We need some missing piece!

Question: Is this only happening while we are under fire and also taking hits ourselves? Has anyone had this bug while just shooting across the map at another player while you WEREN'T taking return fire? (Come to think about it, I've only had this bug while under fire, same as Whiplash's video above.)

What if we ASSUME that the mouse is being held and something about return fire/hits/battle sounds is bugging the code and try to get that tracked?

I think I've had this on other weapons so I'm not entirely willing to limit this to the M4.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.