Securing unrevivable person.

-[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
edited October 2018 in Game Support
Hello,
I have reported this earlier, but back like year ago it was ignored. Maybe new people in development will consider changing it, so I give it ago.
On competitive gaming it’s usual that there is no revives. And plenty of times after killing one guy you need his gun but that actually just take extra few seconds before you can pick it or you have to secure dead player and only then you can pick gun because most of time his body is in the way to pick gun. I know its decision that might need discussion, but I would love to have change where player will not need to be secured after using of his "lives", his body in my opinion should just be inactive and gun pick able, or at least should have that fast take gun away animation like when you click one tap and guy lose his gun and then pick it without option to secure. Securing dead people is bad. There might be guys not happy since it reduce secure amount for their stats, but it improves gameplay I believe.

Well here is few gameplay situations where I got "F'ed" because of it :D

Pool that will not be important :D
  1. Should secure after all revives used be available?9 votes
    1. Yes.
      11.11%
    2. No.
      77.78%
    3. Don't care.
      11.11%

Comments

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player
    I'm confused. Are you saying that you're able to secure a person who's already "dead"?

Such a thing doesn't happen on the PS4, so I wouldn't know.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 480Beta Tester
    edited October 2018
    I'm confused. Are you saying that you're able to secure a person who's already "dead"?

There is a brief window, at least on PC, don't know about PS4. So if you kill the enemy (=he cannot be revived anymore) his body will disappear after ~5 seconds. However, during this 5 seconds you are able to secure him. The issue is that you cannot pick up his gun in the meantime, as the game's interact button will prioritize securing over picking up the gun.

I agree with the OP. The body may stay for a couple of seconds, but you should not be able to interact with it. I had similar situations many times to the ones shown on the video.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 49Player
    Even on PS4 I have seen where someone has died twice and is able to be secured. Very rare, but I have seen it/done it multiple times.
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 59Player

Actually last night I was secured after being rived and then killed on PS4...
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    It's not a bug, it's a normal thing. Before body disapear you can secure person, however I would recommend to disable secure if the guy is dead.

For example to pick gun of the enemy you have to secure or wait 5 seconds most of time, when his teammates can't revive him and they actually can pick his gun right away.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    It's not a bug, it's a normal thing. Before body disapear you can secure person, however I would recommend to disable secure if the guy is dead.

For example to pick gun of the enemy you have to secure or wait 5 seconds most of time, when his teammates can't revive him and they actually can pick his gun right away.

You're correct.

I also remember this being brought up way back in open beta. I think I even had a video or two myself from back then, but I don't remember what the official response was, if any.

The "simplest" solution would be to make a player that can no longer be revived impossible to interact with.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    If its your teammate its already done, it just have to be done for opposing team :)