What's next?

Now that we've hit the major stuff which was planned this year (Which took much longer than most would've wished, imo), I wonder what we else y'all have in store for us this year.

The only things y'all haven't done yet are add the calling cards and unit patches.
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 41Player
    We have some big plans in the work
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 170Player
    edited October 2018
    Maybe an Xbox console port? Why not a Nintendo console port while your at it? What about a mobile app port?
    Who knows with the "anything but PC" agenda these guys are running...
    35d2uec.png
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 693Player
    Who says there is a next?, they are on a path of self destruction.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 605Player
    What's next for AAPG PS4? If I'm in charge, I say let the community run some eSports and support it officially (for example, info/splash page on PS4 AAPG login). Those 30k players will keep playing. PC has been on life support for years, but the core 300 players or so will keep playing.

Other than the community managers, focus 100% of the devs on AA5 with a goal for release Nov 2019, NLT Mar 2020. Both platforms.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,992Player
    We know pipeline is coming, wouldn't be shocked to see some other AA2 maps come back. Should have been done years ago.
    Mapping contest that a few of us have been begging for and I even wrote out the text for them to pretty much copy and paste...

Other than that, I hope not too much unless they're actually going to take the suggestions that we laid out in the other threads. I hope AA5 becomes the focus sooner rather than later.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    doogle! wrote: »
    What's next for AAPG PS4? If I'm in charge, I say let the community run some eSports and support it officially (for example, info/splash page on PS4 AAPG login). Those 30k players will keep playing. PC has been on life support for years, but the core 300 players or so will keep playing.

Other than the community managers, focus 100% of the devs on AA5 with a goal for release Nov 2019, NLT Mar 2020. Both platforms.

eSports has began @doogle! that is one of the reason's Urgent Fury is here. Our community reached out to us to put this game on our radar. We have some pretty big plans that we will announce in the coming weeks.
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
    DJHaole wrote: »

eSports has began @doogle! that is one of the reason's Urgent Fury is here. Our community reached out to us to put this game on our radar. We have some pretty big plans that we will announce in the coming weeks.

I think he was talking about the PC version of eSports ;)
    DJHaole wrote: »

As a note, I saw the admin settings for the PC version yesterday, wow pretty bare compared to what we used to have in AA2. Where's end round? Restart round? Turn off auto balancing (I know there's a console command for this)? Force Side Swap? Restart match? Force warm-up? I'm sure there are plenty of others that would make life so much easier for people who are trying to have matches.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 361Developer
    Maybe an Xbox console port? Why not a Nintendo console port while your at it? What about a mobile app port?
    Who knows with the "anything but PC" agenda these guys are running...

Microsoft wants money that wasn't budgeted into AAPG, other platforms would be all AAV.

Also I'm sorry but did your PC game not get the SCAR, M17, and MP7'ed VIP?
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 361Developer

There are two different PC leagues starting, one in America (NACL) and one in Europe (AAL).
    We have some big plans in the works as well
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
    edited November 2018
    Also I'm sorry but did your PC game not get the SCAR, M17, and MP7'ed VIP?

Those are Beta weapons, and should not even be in the live build. I mean I get it, people wanted new weapons but this is unpolished and I personally feel no love from those guns. I wished for the hardcode on the LensFlare but it didn't came with this last patch, so it's still open for abuse. To me that's a bigger issue then having new weapons.

There are two different PC leagues starting, one in America (NACL) and one in Europe (AAL).

And I wish them all the luck in the world, but the real comp players prob will not touch it. Not with the games current state with this netcode. There are still massive kill delays where people die around corner and dead body's shoot nades out of their behinds when their body is on the ground.
    Netcode will never be perfect, I've never played a game that has perfect netcode. People even complain about CS' netcode. I will say that I occasionally see instances where I'm amazed at how my shot didn't kill a guy and then I end up being the one who died. I've had instances where I actually stopped shooting because I saw my crosshair on a guy's head and fired, thought he would be dead and instead he lights me up. I've seen some times where I get behind walls and end up dead. So yeah, the netcode could be improved, but I've also seen worse and no game will ever be perfect. I'll also say that in general I don't have many issues unless I just don't notice it.

Also, you do know that if a guy pulls the pin on a grenade and you kill him, the grenade will blow up, right?

That said, I see lots of people using the SCAR, they like it. I can't stand it because horizontal sway is unnatural. I actually like the M17 better than the other pistols, I have an easier time acquiring targets and nailing head shots. Unfortunately, it seems that pistols in general don't have great range, I think there's either an accuracy cone or the bullets disappear after a certain distance. I've lined up so many long range head shots and the bullets never make it.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 456Beta Tester
    edited November 2018
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it seems that pistols in general don't have great range, I think there's either an accuracy cone or the bullets disappear after a certain distance. I've lined up so many long range head shots and the bullets never make it.

I think bullet drop is the thing, what gets you. Pistols have much lower (about 3 times lower) muzzle velocity, than your M4. This means a lot more (about 9 times) drop than the M4, as the drop is proportional to the square of the flight time. Before anyone starts complaining about game design, this is high school physics, not AAPG's design. :)
    Also, you have to lead your shots a lot more with pistols.

I think the Giunta range has some long range targets, which can serve as a good starting point for practice. I sniped many players across Insurgent camp with an M9, so it is definitely doable. But for such long range shots you have to aim up a lot, you the pistol covers your entire target. And if you don't hit them in the face, it will barely tickle them...
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    I'll have to mess around with it. The ranges in this game aren't super far, it surprises me that bullet drop would play much of a role to begin with.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 456Beta Tester
    I'll have to mess around with it. The ranges in this game aren't super far, it surprises me that bullet drop would play much of a role to begin with.

Assuming the you fire at 50 meters and that the M9's muzzle velocity is 250 m/s (this is just a rough estimate) and that g=10 m/s^2:
    t=50/250=0.2s
    drop=0.5*g*t^2=0.2 meters

Same thing, but for 100-meter range:
    t=100/250=0.4s
    drop=0.5*g*t^2=0.8 meters (!!!)

Well, assuming that the gravitational acceleration is g=10 m/s^2 in the game. I don't know it's value.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    WHAT??? YOU don't know???? :o :D
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    On an actual pistol range, 50m shots are TOUGH!!! The front of the pistol covers the target, making accuracy a real problem. Levente is dead on on this. IRL there's a lot of bullet drop on a pistol.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 624Player
    Also, you do know that if a guy pulls the pin on a grenade and you kill him, the grenade will blow up, right?

I've seen enemies who are already dead throw grenades, and I believe I've also done so myself. More often the opposite happens and a grenade that I've already thrown on my screen goes off on my body.
    edited November 2018

Well, that's normal and not the issue I have with it. The issue I'm facing lately with it is that after they get killed and their body drops on the ground you see their nades launched towards you from his behind, and as far I'm aware dead people don't throw stuff at you.

EDIT: