Numbers for PS4?

A curious (previous, kinda) PC player wants to know. What are the PS4 numbers looking like?

I'm seriously considering a PS4 for RDR2, ,and AAPG could be an influencing decision. Otherwise, I stick to Xbox.

Is this public info Hollywood?

Comments

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 188Player
    Straight from the horse's mouth...
    And 30,000 players per day on PS4.
    35d2uec.png
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,103Player
    It's hard to say what 30,000 players per day actually means, btw. Is that total unique players? Peak players? Average players? These all say different things.

If I were to say 30K total and let's say 2/3 of the playerbase is on at its peak so 20K players...
    20K peak players would probably land you in the top 30 on Steam, 30K peak would land you around 20-25. 30K average in the top 15. Not bad numbers overall. Not amazing, but certainly solid.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 76Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    A curious (previous, kinda) PC player wants to know. What are the PS4 numbers looking like?

I'm seriously considering a PS4 for RDR2, ,and AAPG could be an influencing decision. Otherwise, I stick to Xbox.

Is this public info Hollywood?

One thing to note is AAPG is only available on PS4 and PC.
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 656Player
    edited October 2018
    Im curious of the average player count.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer

Not sure exactly what you're asking for. We've dropped off some since Black Ops 4 dropped but an example day from last week is ~21000 total unique players, ~1900 players at once was the max concurrent, ~2100 new PS4 users on the day.
    On PC, typically games are evaluated on a basis of max concurrent players or average players connected at any time throughout the day. For example, here's the steam chart for AAPG on PC:
    https://steamcharts.com/app/203290

As you can see the peak is in the mid-upper 600s and average in the 330-340 range.

So if you were to look at peak players as a compare, PS4 version is only about 3 times more popular than the PC version.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 188Player

Not sure exactly what you're asking for. We've dropped off some since Black Ops 4 dropped but an example day from last week is ~21000 total unique players, ~1900 players at once was the max concurrent, ~2100 new PS4 users on the day.

Sample Type: Radom Day between 22-28 October 2018 (24 hour period)
    Total Unique Players in 24 Hours: 21000 +/-
    Total Concurrent Players in 24 Hours: 1900 +/-
    Total New Player Registrations in 24 Hours: 2100 +/-

That should make it a little easier for people to understand.
    35d2uec.png
    Big diff in 1900 as a peak and 30000 as a peak
    I remember seeing some inflated #s for 'unique' players for AAPG PC as well....and it did NOT translate to the activity we saw...
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    I remember seeing some inflated #s for 'unique' players for AAPG PC as well....and it did NOT translate to the activity we saw...

I'm reading the numbers off the weekly spreadsheet I get and probably shouldn't be sharing lol
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited November 2018

Give it one year more, and they will be at the same numbers as PC. Maybe even less because of the die hard fans are playing this on the PC version.

I'm reading the numbers off the weekly spreadsheet I get and probably shouldn't be sharing lol

They're are just playing numbers, don't see why they would not allow you to do that.
    edited November 2018
    I don't think AAPG on PC ever reached a consistent 1900, at least not according to Steam Charts (1100 to 1400 seemed to be the average for most of the time). I know closed beta had a good sized crowd, but I have no idea how many people were given access at that time.

Either way, PC peak is around 700 today. So that'd put the PS4 version at around 2.75x of PC. Not exactly numbers that would blow one away or at least not warrant the talk by some of how the newer PS4 crowd is so much larger and superior to the PC crowd who is looking at a game that's 5 years old and has had many bumps in the road with its player base. The fact that you have even managed to hold half of your PC player base over 5 years is pretty decent all things considered.

I still think that the PC version has the best potential for growth come AAV. It would be a mistake to go all in on console based on peak player counts that are about 500 people more than AAPG at its peak. Console shooters are completely owned by CoD, BF, and the occasional Halo game. PC players are typically more open to trying F2P and more indie games. It has way more potential for games to explode.
  • xBEMx_FoxxxBEMx_Foxx Posts: 17Player
    lol
    keep up them numbers guys we got to spread the game to other people on other site or verbally

Give it one year more, and they will be at the same numbers as PC. Maybe even less because of the die hard fans are playing this on the PC version.

They're are just playing numbers, don't see why they would not allow you to do that.

There may be a lot of truth in what you said. The console success very may well be a flash in the pan. The average of 350ish players in AAPG are here, in large part, due to brand loyalty and time invested into the AA series. I hope PS4 doesn't crash and burn, but I feel like we were told 30K at one point but now it's looking more like 1.5K concurrent players.

Unique user accounts do not equate to game activity. If anything, the disparity between "unique" accounts and active concurrent players speaks more to the shortcomings of the game itself. As in, 1 mil people downloaded it and played it, and then 995,000 people never played it again.
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I don't think AAPG on PC ever reached a consistent 1900, at least not according to Steam Charts (1100 to 1400 seemed to be the average for most of the time). I know closed beta had a good sized crowd, but I have no idea how many people were given access at that time.

Either way, PC peak is around 700 today. So that'd put the PS4 version at around 2.75x of PC. Not exactly numbers that would blow one away or at least not warrant the talk by some of how the newer PS4 crowd is so much larger and superior to the PC crowd who is looking at a game that's 5 years old and has had many bumps in the road with its player base. The fact that you have even managed to hold half of your PC player base over 5 years is pretty decent all things considered.

I still think that the PC version has the best potential for growth come AAV. It would be a mistake to go all in on console based on peak player counts that are about 500 people more than AAPG at its peak. Console shooters are completely owned by CoD, BF, and the occasional Halo game. PC players are typically more open to trying F2P and more indie games. It has way more potential for games to explode.

https://steamcharts.com/app/203290#All

:(

:(

I've seen it, it's bad. All of us who were around at the beginning saw how tons of people came, tried the game, hated it and never came back. There were some who waited around til the end of closed beta and then gave it up after seeing that things weren't going to change. That's why it's difficult when people say that everything is OK with this game. When you have a core player base of 1000 players, they'll probably play this game no matter what changes you decide to make unless it's extremely drastic. Things like aim punch and suppression don't make much difference to the remaining fan base, but could make a huge difference to those who have never tried the game. As an example, I've mentioned how horrible the suppression is and people have said, yeah, that's annoying, but they obviously don't care enough about it to make a big deal. However, if the average player finds it "annoying" then just think of what a hardcore FPS player must think.
    To be fair, I almost quit AAPG as well. Problem is, I was already invested in it after building a new gaming PC to play it. That's how pumped I was to get back into AA.

Had I not made frenemies with a clique of Betas, I think I would have left. But on that fateful day in 2013 in an AAPG on 3 Kings, I declared jihad on the Betas.

All kidding aside, there's a lot of truth to that. I was getting wrecked by players who were probably 50 years old and grew up playing with sticks. Initial impression of the game was bad. It was my own ego that kept me logging in. Then I stayed primarily for the relationships I made within the community (and clan) I played with.