Team chat

Still learning AAPG. I know you can hit V for team chat, but it seems that others in the match have it on all the time. A way to keep your mic on all the time?

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    Well, if you hold down V all the time, your mic will be open the entire round. I'm pretty sure some teammates will get quite annoyed by that thou, as if you don't speak, you'll just broadcast your background noises to their ears...

How can you see they have the mics open at all times?
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    It can be annoying to have a mic on all the time because any sound in the back are heard and although you may not hear it sometimes there is a constant hum or a bit of static.
  • (1VB)Smitty(1VB)Smitty Posts: 9Player
    I am just assuming (yes, know what that means ;) ). It seems as though they were easily able to communicate while on the move....something i just may need to practice on.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    They might have a better key set up. In the settings you can adjust the key for team chat to any key you would like. I use one of my mouse buttons because I use razor products and my mouse has 19 button functions fast, smooth and easy to access.
  • (1VB)Smitty(1VB)Smitty Posts: 9Player
    Good point. I use an old Nostromo game pad. May need to assign a better key. Just wanted to see if there was another setting or better way to do it.

Thanks,
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    I have no issue with pressing V when I have to - V is my button for this for many years. You'll get used to it too after some time. :)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    I have no issue with pressing V when I have to - V is my button for this for many years. You'll get used to it too after some time. :)

Yep....I don't even have to look for the key anymore. I've heard that some people have a bind on their mouse, but I'm able to use the movement keys and talk now just from so much practice.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.