Game Update - 10.24.2018

Comments

• Odin[DK]Odin[DK] Posts: 28Beta Tester
    [........]
    I'm sorry but you can't blame moderators for moderating. It's easy to think before you type, quite simple really.

Thumbs up - you said it as it is and should be.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 278Player
    edited October 28
    It's hard for people to accept change when they've been used to having/seeing the same stuff for several years.

The problem with the other AFA icons is that they were very small and detailed. They were also dull and hard to look at. These newer versions (such as the star) are easier to spot and examine, and do a better job of acknowledging both current and former members of the U.S. armed forces
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 573Player
    It's hard for people to accept change when they've been used to having/seeing the same stuff for several years.

The problem with the other AFA icons is that they were very small and detailed. They were also dull and hard to look at. These newer versions (such as the star) are easier to spot and examine, and do a better job of acknowledging both current and former members of the U.S. armed forces

The problem is, the "newer versions" of the icons are not the real emblems of the US military, and they look absolutely terrible. The old ones had no problems. I had not seen them on console, maybe they were an eye sore there. But the fix: big yellow Air Force symbol? No, not the answer.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 29Player
    I am perfectly happy with my giant, bold, eagle globe and anchor next to my name.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 278Player
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    I am perfectly happy with my giant, bold, eagle globe and anchor next to my name.

I think if the people who these Icons are meant to honor are satisfied, that's all that matters
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 571Player

I think if the people who these Icons are meant to honor are satisfied, that's all that matters

doogle's Active Duty Air Force...
    I have only seen the new Army and Marine tags. And I am good with the Marine one, maybe if there is enough dislike for then others, some designs can come out and be voted on?
    tbh jgvn, you're the first person I came across who likes them. Haven't ran into many other vets/active yet to get their opinion. Yesterday I was in a server ... and just to avoid violating the TOS...I'll just say that several people asked what in the world it was.

Just my opinion though. I'm sure they played around with color schemes (surely, right?) and opted to go with the revision that we're seeing.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    tbh jgvn, you're the first person I came across who likes them. Haven't ran into many other vets/active yet to get their opinion. Yesterday I was in a server ... and just to avoid violating the TOS...I'll just say that several people asked what in the world it was.

Just my opinion though. I'm sure they played around with color schemes (surely, right?) and opted to go with the revision that we're seeing.

Maybe PS4 it's better, my experience is the same as yours. I haven't heard any positive feedback on them from PC players.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    I always get the questions about it on PS4 also, mainly because there are so many kids playing. I think the EGA is good, mainly because it is still our symbol but larger, it's more clear and easier to see. The few other Marines that I play with think it is good, but I cannot speak for all of them.

I also think that the AFA tags are not as big of a concern as other things to make the game better, obviously.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    edited October 29
    I always get the questions about it on PS4 also, mainly because there are so many kids playing. I think the EGA is good, mainly because it is still our symbol but larger, it's more clear and easier to see. The few other Marines that I play with think it is good, but I cannot speak for all of them.

I also think that the AFA tags are not as big of a concern as other things to make the game better, obviously.

True enough on the last line. I think the Army one is really the worst. That big gold or silver star just looks kind of funny. It needs more even if it's the little US ARMY at the bottom or surrounded by a circle or the inside being white, IDK. Also the lack of a legend to tell you what they all mean makes it worse.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Point 1 is true. I also get asked frequently, but that didn't change because it's now big and yellow. I was getting asked anyhow.

You're right on the second bold statement as well. Not a big deal at all, it's just aesthetics after all. But I question the why of the decision. Of all the issues that need attention, time was put in to redo AFA icons. /shrug
  • {RR}-AdamBoy{RR}-AdamBoy Posts: 1Player
    Well overall i think the Devs did a really nice job... considering the fact also that this game is for Free.

The update brought a lot of new things along. Sow i believe we all appreciate the effort.

In order to help them i believe we all need to give them a feedback of how we experience the changes this update brought.

I will try on my part, to examine each one step by step.

I' ll leave the scar topic last because i believe is the most important among the updates.

VIP's primary weapon is now the MP7. :
    i believe its a really nice weapon. They gave the vip something which it is totally different from the rest of his team. it can hurt a lot the enemy, from short & medium range, but because of the bullet limitation and the weapons mechanics... it can not do much especially for further distances and unless the vip is given extra help by his teammates... he can not push thing alone. It is there i think more like a self defence weapon.

-Added M17 pistol:
    Very nice pistol, i think its the one the army uses right now. It has more bullets than the beretta but i believe it does less damage (maybe afterwards we will be able to see it in the weapons stats). The sound of the pistol when firing its like a fake one... and i think an improvement of it will be nice.

-Added Scar-H/(enemy weapon-CZ Alpha):
    Scar-H or CZ, are very nice add ons to the game but i believe considering the weapons mechanics that there is room for improvement.
    The rate of fire is significantly lower than in reality.
    The sound although, i like it a lot, i think its not what a Scar sounds when it is firing.
    The Recoil is very close to the real thing maybe to OP. Scar after all is a very robust weapon...which might explain that.
    I believe it was build that way in order to give the players a reason to choose the M4(faster rate of fire, and better at long distances).

Last i would like to say that since the update there have been from time to time some glitch effects when playing in servers, players have been paused and continue after one second. I wasnt the only one that experienced this effect. Other player reported the same issue.
    I think this is something we should keep in mind to see if it continues to happen and find some solution to it.

Thats all from me :pleased:, i hope i helped a little bit and the Devs will find these observations useful.
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 659Player
    edited October 30
    Well overall i think the Devs did a really nice job... considering the fact also that this game is for Free.

Having the game free or payed, there is no real difference if it comes to that.
    The game is good, or the game is bad.. A shame it's the latter with this one.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 126Player
    Hello everyone, I give myself some time to play before posting everything.
    SCAR - great balanced gun havimg advantadge compared to m4 at the end of round when 1 or 2 hits is enough to kill. M4 is better wen spraying for the head. So each gun has its own advantadges.
    For designated it good choice on BDX when earlier many guys decided to not use designated bacause of close combat downsides.
    The server name background looks crap but it does the job, its easier to read name.
    I expected challenges/unlockables for gun with release but I understand the reason listed earlier and agree with it.
    The VIP gun is great adition to the game. Its quite uncontrolable gun with masive damage because of fast firerate, however not like many I like this idea to keep it for VIP only, it also give ideas for tactics.

After all complimenta I have few questions:
    1) have m4 recoil or damage been adjusted to even out with scar? Me and quite few other guys feel that after patch its slighly harder to kill guys, sometimes it even feels that damage is reduced. Its just a feeling, might be just bad day, but I had guys with same feeling.

2) once again it's a feeling, but after 4000hours of gaming I noticed that with this update fotsteps sound was reduced with this update, many guys agreed with this opinion. Since I consider sound as one of my strong sides I lost quite some advantadge, havent heard wallhack accusations after update :( Anyway question is if its just some mistake, or this change was ment to be done with update? Did not notice it in update log.

That you for taking time reading and replying.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 126Player
    Hello again,
    guys who play a lot and had tehri settings maxed out for the sound all say that footsteps are not so loud and harder to hear, however I just got respond from few guys who play less. They say that they can point where enemy is more accuratly now. Maybe those changes are good for bigger audience then just competetive guys.
  • Did the enemy spotting when shooting on the mini map or map feature got removed or is it just my computer.
    Did the enemy spotting when shooting on the mini map or map feature got removed or is it just my computer.

It's also a server setting, could have been turned off
  • doogle! wrote: »
    Did the enemy spotting when shooting on the mini map or map feature got removed or is it just my computer.

It's also a server setting, could have been turned off

It was a public server not a private one so I'm wondering if they are experimenting.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 619Administrator
    Chances are that a few server have it set to false.