Game Update - 10.24.2018

Comments

• nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 659Player
    edited October 26
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    As I recall, someone learned how to get access to the saved details and hack accounts.

Ah so instead of fixing that issue they removed the password because it's easier for them but did let the session token and player id in it because?

If that's the real reason, they better close shop.. Accounts are always at a risk on every website out there.. Just let us load our passwords again in the AALogin.ini and all is good.. I mean, Ubisoft remembers every login, and they are at a higher risk then the army studio's to get some game accounts.
  • Odin[DK]Odin[DK] Posts: 28Beta Tester
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Soooo, why does the scar have a horizontal sway pattern? Makes it unusable IMO. Mostly vertical sway is fine since your target is a vertical object. Horizontal sway = unusable. Also, the gun sounds so quiet, like it's suppressed. Doesn't seem to have much of an echo or loud bang.

You will adapt eventually - that is what all soldiers do. I found it unusable in the beginning too, but after a week or so - well, this is my new weapon of choice.
  • Odin[DK]Odin[DK] Posts: 28Beta Tester
    As I recall, someone learned how to get access to the saved details and hack accounts.

So your saying everyone it works for and it does for some their account is in danger of being hacked should they not have been warned of this a long time ago.

No - he is saying : 'As I recall, someone learned how to get access to the saved details and hack accounts.'
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,325Beta Tester

So your saying everyone it works for and it does for some their account is in danger of being hacked should they not have been warned of this a long time ago.

You sound like Cathy Newman on Channel 4.

Do I recall incorrectly? I have no idea. I was just putting what I believe I remember out there. Feel free to correct me, and I'll be quite happy about it.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    Its a big recall maybe someone in charge can put our minds at rest.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 164Player
    A simple way to stop account theft in a public enviroment is rather than storing login details locally and in plain sight. Instead use a uniqe generated account hash keyfrom the auth server thats valid for 24/48 hours and store it locally.
    So at best even if they steal the hash key its only valid for 24/48 hours and does not contain any account details, it simply logs you into the game client and thats it.
    35d2uec.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 573Player
    edited October 27
    The AFA icons are absolutely horrific. I almost pukedd when I saw what mine looked like. If it's not corrected in the next update, I will request removal.

How [mod edit] ugly. Fire whoever made this decision.
    edited October 27
    doogle! wrote: »
    The AFA icons are absolutely horrific. I almost pukedd when I saw what mine looked like. If it's not corrected in the next update, I will request removal.

How [mod edit] ugly. Fire whoever made this decision.

All I wanted the Devs to do was make a tooltip popup box like in AA2.. It was a such simple task...

Webp-net-gifmaker-1.gif
    35d2uec.png
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    I'll +1 the old icons looking better.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited October 27
    Guess I'm about to be banned again for 2 years (again). Mods, Devs and betas can curse... but for me...even when filtered by the forum... I'll receive the hammer.

Cant say I'm not used to it.

Whatever. New icons are ugly. Terrible. Horrific
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 29Player

Whatever. New icons are ugly. Terrible. Horrific

Not sure what the Air Force one looks like yet, haven't seen it pop up, but the Marine Corps one is awesome.
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 659Player
    Guess I'm about to be banned again for 2 years (again). Mods, Devs and betas can curse... but for me...even when filtered by the forum... I'll receive the hammer.

Well, most mods are trained by Tots so it's normal for them to randomly hammer here and there to make their da da happy.. The worst part is they don't even realize that because of that they will never get the game series reputation back on its feet.. Already told Hollywood to tell the to calm the f down a little guess it got 'lost' in the mail somewhere..
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,163Player
    edited October 27

Well, most mods are trained by Tots so it's normal for them to randomly hammer here and there to make their da da happy.. The worst part is they don't even realize that because of that they will never get the game series reputation back on its feet.. Already told Hollywood to tell the to calm the f down a little guess it got 'lost' in the mail somewhere..

Pretty sure most mods were around wayyy before Tots. In any case the rules he wrote here https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/2/new-forums-rules#latest don't apply anymore because he aint here anymore?

I read the offending post before moderation.. doogle swore (profanity) in his comment, and guess what? that behavior has NEVER been allowed on the AA forums, past nor present and I'm almost sure given the rating of the game, even it's message and portrayal to it's players.. it never will. Even you yourself have intentionally swore (by evading the TOS filter). Why poke the bear? I don't understand.. seeing how far you can push?

I'm sorry but you can't blame moderators for moderating. It's easy to think before you type, quite simple really.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Pretty sure most mods were around wayyy before Tots. In any case the rules he wrote here https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/2/new-forums-rules#latest don't apply anymore because he aint here anymore?

I read the offending post before moderation.. doogle swore (profanity) in his comment, and guess what? that behavior has NEVER been allowed on the AA forums, past nor present and I'm almost sure given the rating of the game, even it's message and portrayal to it's players.. it never will. Even you yourself have intentionally swore (by evading the TOS filter). Why poke the bear? I don't understand.. seeing how far you can push?

I'm sorry but you can't blame moderators for moderating. It's easy to think before you type, quite simple really.

While you are correct, I wonder if the mods moderate themselves? Do they moderate the Devs? I doubt it. I could search and find several incidents of cursing via acronyms (not allowed) and cursing triggering the TOS Violation filter.

Is editing out the adult word enough? What about an edit and an elevation of the player warning level, which inches you closer to the ban? I said the F word, and I'm sorry. I'll substitute it with another word. Anyways, to get back on topic.

The icons are really ugly. Big and yellow, a real eye sore on the scoreboard. The old ones fit much nicer in terms of size and color.

I was pleasantly surprised by the SCAR. It's not as gimmicky as the RPG addition...which feels reaaallly gimmicky.
    Any updates for AAPG moving forward will be done solely to favor PS4 players.
    When you have a Developer in a leadership position who does not even use a PC anymore, well... you can make your own conclusion there how the PC version will turn out...
    Toot Toot, All aboard the AA5 console port! Next stop Shovelware!
    Yeah I haven't played games on PC since like 2005 lol. I have an Xbox at home and two PS4's at work. I haven't even had a PC in the house for five years, all mobile!
    35d2uec.png
    edited October 27
    Any updates for AAPG moving forward will be done solely to favor PS4 players.
    When you have a Developer in a leadership position who does not even use a PC anymore, well... you can make your own conclusion there how the PC version will turn out...
    Toot Toot, All aboard the AA5 console port! Next stop Shovelware!
    Yeah I haven't played games on PC since like 2005 lol. I have an Xbox at home and two PS4's at work. I haven't even had a PC in the house for five years, all mobile!

I'm not positive, but I'm not sure our man is the one making these decisions. I think there's a difference between "leadership position" and Community Manager.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 715Player
    I dislike the icons as well, by that I mean i prefer the old ones.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 619Administrator
    A lot has been going on the past few months with changes and Dev's coming back or leaving. However the rules still apply the same to this forum as Tots left it without further notice.

As to moderators, devs, testers, moderating and evaluating what they say on this forum. The rules are no different for them. I know that there has been violations due to spelling errors. As an example, hits and another word that might sound the same. However I do not believe they are deliberate mistakes and anyone of us can make them. But if they do happen we will feel the burn like anyone else.

Getting off the topic, I also agree with you doogle! about the new AFA, Dev and Beta Icons. I also dislike them and think they are a bit plain. I understand that they are much better to see now though, since they have been enlarged.

Scar- I love it but at first I felt there was not enough recoil. But then I used it with the marksman and it gave me a better understanding of the gun and feel for what recoil it does have. Great gun though.

MP7- I like this gun a lot. I think it looks cool and has great play. But I find aiming a bit harder. The iron sight seems to obscure a lot of the view for me personally. Maybe I am over looking it however.

M17- Love It! Everything about it.

As to the game itself I am so happy to see more new accounts being made daily. I have noticed slowly that we are picking up speed on PC a bit more. I know that the PS4 version has sooo many more players however you need to think. Most of these players are not vet players like most of us here. And also that a lot of these players may not be in our range of age or maturity or understand of the history of this game. However I would welcome them all to the PC version telling them that there is more content of PC and be happy to teach them a little history of this game and its success over the 16 years.

Good release if you ask me, and I am so glad to have new toys to shot you all with (in game). :)
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    edited October 28
    The icons thing is a head scratcher. It's like some art guy had nothing better going on so they gave him a project to redo the the icons. Even in game people are commenting on how horrible these new icons are and how there's no legend on what they all mean.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited October 28
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    The icons thing is a head scratcher.

It was changed to what looks best for PS4 squeaker console players behind a TV screen...
    Along with wiping what last remnants of AA2 heritage was left in this game...
    35d2uec.png