Game Update - 10.24.2018

Comments

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 278Player
    Will the SCAR-H weapon challenge introduce a new scope for people to earn?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 345Developer
    Will the SCAR-H weapon challenge introduce a new scope for people to earn?

They'll be the same as the M4. That's the plan anyway.
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 166Player
    :(
    edited October 24
    :neutral: Meh... That's kinda lame. I was hoping to have a new scope to strive for. I guess the fact we have new weapons is good enough though

P0asKE2.jpg
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 345Developer
    :neutral: Meh... That's kinda lame. I was hoping to have a new scope to strive for. I guess the fact we have new weapons is good enough though

If you grab the SCAR as a DM you can ACOG it.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    edited October 24
    Soooo, why does the scar have a horizontal sway pattern? Makes it unusable IMO. Mostly vertical sway is fine since your target is a vertical object. Horizontal sway = unusable. Also, the gun sounds so quiet, like it's suppressed. Doesn't seem to have much of an echo or loud bang.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 578Player
    Main weapon swap back to default after playing the vip... please fix it. Mp7 seems like a laser, good that it is limited.
    AAPG is good!
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Nice!
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 660Player
    Meh, kinda disappointing..

- SCAR-H is underpowered.
    - SCAR-H needs more recoil.
    - SCAR-H only has acog in marksmen class.
    - M17 muzzle flash looks weird.
    - MP7 is only for VIP, biggest mistake so far.
    - No weapon challenges on the new weapons.
    - No unlockable skins for the new weapons.
    - No achievements for the new weapons.
    - Dark backing for server name looks like a css coding error, needs spacing on each end.

Don't get me wrong, I love that we got new weapons and update even though I killed myself 3 times now with my own RPG back blast. But it feels like it is, a unfinished product rushed to the game.. The amount of time spend on it and still we get this beta version so to speak feels just terrible.

- Dark backing for server name looks like a css coding error, needs spacing on each end.

Don't get me wrong, I love that we got new weapons and update even though I killed myself 3 times now with my own RPG back blast. But it feels like it is, a unfinished product rushed to the game.. The amount of time spend on it and still we get this beta version so to speak feels just terrible.

I could see the SCAR-H being overpowered (it kinda is), but underpowered? :lol:

Recoil? Meh -- I think its fine

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of unlockables for the new weapons,so I agree there.

P0asKE2.jpg

I could see the SCAR-H being overpowered (it kinda is), but underpowered? :lol:

Recoil? Meh -- I think its fine

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of unlockables for the new weapons,so I agree there.

Compared to the M4 long distance fights, its very underpowered. Of course recoil would be fine for you guys on the PS4, but for us on PC it made the skill ceiling even lower then it already was and now even a toddler can get kills.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 621Administrator
    I am so happy to see this update :)
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 441Beta Tester

How does this come together? Wouldn't more recoil make it even worse? I just want to understand your opinion.

Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 229Player
    excellent patch, the recoil of the scar is right and well set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    Recoil. what recoil ?
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 715Player
    ScarH is a gun meant for medium range. Also the gun has already enough recoil, try get shot once and shoot after being low on health - hard to hit 2 shots in a row at distance.
    I don't dislike the update, but its nothing special.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 30Player
    Love the new armed forces tags.

How does this come together? Wouldn't more recoil make it even worse? I just want to understand your opinion.

Just ask yourself, why the M4 with a 5.56 mm round doing more damage at long range and has way more recoil then the SCAR-H with a 7,62 mm round. Would it make it worse? No not really if they also fix the bullet spread of the SCAR-H because currently is bigger then the shotgun. For me everything that could go wrong with the weapon design did go wrong.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 441Beta Tester

Just ask yourself, why the M4 with a 5.56 mm round doing more damage at long range and has way more recoil then the SCAR-H with a 7,62 mm round. Would it make it worse? No not really if they also fix the bullet spread of the SCAR-H because currently is bigger then the shotgun. For me everything that could go wrong with the weapon design did go wrong.

The long range damage is roughly identical. In my experience the SCAR starts off having less recoil than the M4, but ends up having more at the end of the clip.
    What do you mean under bullet spread? The cone when hipfiring? I'm confused, as rifles are accurate when you scope up.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    edited October 25

The long range damage is roughly identical. In my experience the SCAR starts off having less recoil than the M4, but ends up having more at the end of the clip.
    What do you mean under bullet spread? The cone when hipfiring? I'm confused, as rifles are accurate when you scope up.

Ye, when hip firing... It's dumb.. And then not even with auto, I tested it with single fire.