Reduce M16 Marksman Breathing

The amount of breathing (Up n Down movements whilst ADS) is absurd! It's nearly impossible to get accurate shots from afar with the M16 mainly due to the intense breathing -- combined with the high recoil. Not only this, but the M16 suffers from bullet drop after a certain range (I haven't noticed this with the M4A1 yet). The M16 also has low damage for a burst weapon. It should take no more than 6-9 shots -- center mass -- to take down a target. Personally I feel it takes 12-15 shots just to kill a guy. Pretty much the same as the M4A1 if I'm not mistaken, maybe even more.

PS4 doesn't have the ability to hold/stop breathing like on PC, so I'd appreciate it if the breathing for M16A4 (at least for marksman role) was lessened.
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 105Player
    Salute and Greetings

Tbh, I agree with all the things you said, I feel like i waste an entire magazine on a guy when I shoot him with the m16 (burst mode) I get all the high recoil n' crap but god [TOS Violation] do I really need to shoot 30 bullets into the enemy so they can die? And yea it feels like M4A1 has little if no bullet drop which in my opinion is also really crappy, just a few mins ago I got shot from an auto fire M4 80 meters away while running, and the guy had no issues killing me. I really think devs after the new weapons update should focus on the whole recoil, bullet drop etc with the current weapons, sure the new ones are most likely going to have some bugs themselves which will need patching but I think after the new update we should focus more on the things that not just LWOF_BrOkenArrow mentioned, but also many other people in the community, also I think a little netcode and optimization fix won't hurt no body, as a reminder this game is Free To Play which I think most new players or even long time players don't own a high end PC. I myself don't own a high end PC, I am planning on getting a 144hz monitor soon, which should also fix some fps issues but then again, there are people that don't have the best PCs.

- Best Regards, SiNsOfThEDeViL

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 480Beta Tester
    I don't know the ballistics of PS4, but on PC the M4 and M16 has the same bullet drop. Also, on PC the M16 deal a bit more damage than the M4 (31 vs 29 to upper body), but the M4 has full auto fire and a bit faster pullup/swap times. So on PC the M16+red dot is my way to go almost all the time.

I'm writing this not to derail the topic, but to provide some reference.

Is the sway to fast or too great in magnitude on PS4? Just curious...

Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    On PC, M16 w/ACOG is easy mode.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    I don't know the ballistics of PS4, but on PC the M4 and M16 has the same bullet drop. Also, on PC the M16 deal a bit more damage than the M4 (31 vs 29 to upper body), but the M4 has full auto fire and a bit faster pullup/swap times. So on PC the M16+red dot is my way to go almost all the time.

I'm writing this not to derail the topic, but to provide some reference.

Is the sway to fast or too great in magnitude on PS4? Just curious...

There's also damage dropoff with distance, I believe.

This was last updated around two years ago, but I can't imagine there have been changes to weapon mechanics since then:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=471503388

See Long Range 201.

Basically, even at max distance, it won't take more than six upper body hits with an M16 to kill someone.
  • Wiseguy21Wiseguy21 Posts: 17Player
    Tested this today on ps4. With marksman m16, at about medium long range, the only time the breathing effects is right after sprinting. Which seems to give the burst a more distant grouping. Instead of ... Its a . . . Might have to change ur sprint out time to where ur going.
    Possible even will running with a pistol out to set up punt then switching to primary would lesson the affect of lets say, holding a more heavy gun that would cause more unsteadiness.
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player
    Wiseguy21 wrote: »
    Possible even will running with a pistol out to set up punt then switching to primary would lesson the affect of lets say, holding a more heavy gun that would cause more unsteadiness.

Good point, this is what I usually do . Plus I use the m16 marksman as single shot, less recoil and more accurate . Only time I find recoil heavy is on burst