Advanced Editor: "Nothing to show, check your filter"

I've been trying to use some of the textures n assets I'm supposed to be able to access in the AE, but the majority of the stuff doesn't work. I'll click on it in the content browser, and it'll say "Nothing to show, check your filter".

What's going on?
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    edited October 22
    In the left pane, you need to have the proper directory highlighted, and the top search bar in the content browser has to contain zero text or it'll filter for "wall" or "door" or "alsdfwoef" or whatever you typed there :) The game assets are located in the Steam path at AAGame/CookedPC.

NOTE: It's good to have lots of RAM if you want to Fully Load all content.

00cURp8.jpg
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    So was this info helpful?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 276Player
    edited October 25
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Yeah, thanks a lot man. It took over an hour to load the stuff, but I was able to use most of the stuff in the content browser. I still couldn't access certain assets like maps n such though.

Unfortunately, considering how It's strongly recommended to start from mission editor -- now I gotta see what's wrong with it.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 441Beta Tester
    edited October 25
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I still couldn't access certain assets like maps n such though.

Ummmm... what maps do you want to access?
    If you mean the playable maps made by the Devs: you'll never find those in the content browser, as they are not assets. They are maps -let's be precise - levels, like the one you are working on. They use (=build up from) the same assets what you see in there.

If you mean the minimap images, you can't set that for user made maps unfortunately.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,927Player
    edited October 26
    I would recommend that unless you're completely blanking out in what you want to put in a particular area, just go through and load each package individually. Loading a package on its own will usually take a very short time and then you can see what's in the package and take whatever is needed. Some of the packages are labelled well enough that you can have a good enough idea what's in it. Obviously there are others that are very generic and that makes it more difficult. Also, if you're worried about memory you could always load a package, see if there's anything in it that you'll want/need and if not just unload it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!