Official AA: Proving Grounds League for North America - UF Boot Camp

DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 26Player
edited October 31 in eSports
Urgent Fury and America's Army: Proving Grounds is proud to announce the Official League managed by Urgent Fury.

UF: Boot Camp will accept up to 24 teams split into two divisions. Teams will play each other in home and away matches throughout the season.

We will then take the Top 8 Teams to a championship bracket.

Registration is now open at https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/1895972874096762880/information

It is important to know Urgent Fury strives to provide a respectful competitive community and lives up to their motto: "Win with Honor, Lose with Dignity".

Matches will be held on Sunday & Tuesday Evenings at 9pm central time to best serve east and west coast players.

We are always accepting feedback and will be happy to field questions here (I do not always get notifications of replies) or in the League forum on Urgent Fury https://www.urgentfury.com/forums/forum/403-americas-army-proving-grounds/

You can also find our standard rule set by going to https://www.urgentfury.com/forums/topic/32159-uf-boot-camp-rules/

Since this is the first League for AA: PG we will use this to prepare for future leagues as well. With the community we hope to make these events a great success.... Good Luck.
Shane Bell
US: Navy Veteran
Community Manager/CIO
Urgent Fury
www.urgentfury.com

Comments

• aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 288Developer
    Let me know whenever you need anything, Shane
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 26Player
    Let me know whenever you need anything, Shane

You bet
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 596Moderator
    I am so happy to hear another League is up. I hope that this will encourage more leagues.
    This is just the beginning of what we have in store.
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
    Reminder guys to get your teams signed up
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
    So far we have 6 clans, I would like to see us hit 8 minimum but we will start. This is also a good start to work out kinks and such with the game and getting everyone accustomed to our style of scheduling and such.

Good luck everyone!
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 247Player
    I personally wouldn't mind putting my clan in the League (assuming registration is even still open). My problem lies with the "Tuesdays" and "Sundays" thing, at 9pm. I feel this ladder would get a lot more interest if it were on saturdays n fridays -- considering that people tend to work on week days, and on Sunday, folks are probably getting their sleep in for monday -- which is the start of the work week for most.

Just my thoughts...
    Amateurs try until they can get it right, Professionals keep trying until they can't get it wrong

P0asKE2.jpg
    edited November 1
    I personally wouldn't mind putting my clan in the League (assuming registration is even still open). My problem lies with the "Tuesdays" and "Sundays" thing, at 9pm. I feel this ladder would get a lot more interest if it were on saturdays n fridays -- considering that people tend to work on week days, and on Sunday, folks are probably getting their sleep in for monday -- which is the start of the work week for most.

Just my thoughts...

Thanks for the feedback, our normal leagues ran Mon Wed Fri at 9cst, for this one we are doing Sun and Tue Mainly due to my availability. Fri and Sat are a no go for myself and my current staff. Once we have a better dedicated staff for the game we can expand to other nights.

This also aligns with our streaming schedule.

And registration is open till 11/9
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 516Player
    DJHaole wrote: »

Just my thoughts...

Thanks for the feedback, our normal leagues ran Mon Wed Fri at 9cst, for this one we are doing Sun and Tue Mainly due to my availability. Fri and Sat are a no go for myself and my current staff. Once we have a better dedicated staff for the game we can expand to other nights.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Sundays and Tuesdays. 9 PM Central is a good attempt at finding a time that will work for all time zones. That's 10 PM Eastern and 7 PM Pacific, of course. You really can't go any later, and you really can't go more than maybe an hour earlier. 6 PM Pacific would probably be cutting it close on West Coast people getting home in time. Do teams have the ability to play the match at a different time if the two teams agree? I think having the flexibility to play when it's best for both teams would be a good option while maintaining a default date/time if they can't agree.

Personally, I think Fridays and Saturdays would be the last two nights I would pick for a league. Those are the nights I would most often expect people to be out and about, or at least the nights people would be least consistently available for a match.

Good luck.

Just my thoughts...

I don't think there's anything wrong with Sundays and Tuesdays. 9 PM Central is a good attempt at finding a time that will work for all time zones. That's 10 PM Eastern and 7 PM Pacific, of course. You really can't go any later, and you really can't go more than maybe an hour earlier. 6 PM Pacific would probably be cutting it close on West Coast people getting home in time. Do teams have the ability to play the match at a different time if the two teams agree? I think having the flexibility to play when it's best for both teams would be a good option while maintaining a default date/time if they can't agree.

Personally, I think Fridays and Saturdays would be the last two nights I would pick for a league. Those are the nights I would most often expect people to be out and about, or at least the nights people would be least consistently available for a match.

Good luck.

We used to allow a 15 min variance but then it became an issue when clans would not agree on a time. And by having it at a set time we can make sure we have enough staff for issue resolution.
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 516Player

Just my thoughts...

Good luck.

We used to allow a 15 min variance but then it became an issue when clans would not agree on a time. And by having it at a set time we can make sure we have enough staff for issue resolution.

I was thinking of a scenario where, for example, two east coast teams wanted to play at 8 PM Eastern. Would that be allowed if both teams agreed? You still have the official start time to fall back on if the teams don't agree on a different time.

I want to say the last league I participated in was weekly, and matches had to be completed by a certain time on match night. Say the default match time was, for example, Sundays at 9 PM. The match would have to be completed and scores reported by say Sunday at 11 PM. If the two teams wanted to agree to play the match on Saturday night, they could. The only exception was if a match was deemed to be the "Match of the Week." Then it was played Sunday at 10 PM (an hour after the other matches) so it could be casted and everyone could watch if they chose to.

Without being familiar with rules specific to your site/leagues, I can't imagine you'd need to have a lot of staff on to deal with an issue should one arise. I suppose it's better to err on the side of caution though.

Regardless, you're obviously free to run your leagues however you choose. I just wanted to throw some things out there.

Just my thoughts...

Good luck.

I was thinking of a scenario where, for example, two east coast teams wanted to play at 8 PM Eastern. Would that be allowed if both teams agreed? You still have the official start time to fall back on if the teams don't agree on a different time.

I want to say the last league I participated in was weekly, and matches had to be completed by a certain time on match night. Say the default match time was, for example, Sundays at 9 PM. The match would have to be completed and scores reported by say Sunday at 11 PM. If the two teams wanted to agree to play the match on Saturday night, they could. The only exception was if a match was deemed to be the "Match of the Week." Then it was played Sunday at 10 PM (an hour after the other matches) so it could be casted and everyone could watch if they chose to.

Without being familiar with rules specific to your site/leagues, I can't imagine you'd need to have a lot of staff on to deal with an issue should one arise. I suppose it's better to err on the side of caution though.

Regardless, you're obviously free to run your leagues however you choose. I just wanted to throw some things out there.

As has been our tradition we will run this event during our normal scheduled time, and we will play it by ear as the participation grows. We are not against changes but we want to go with what has worked for us first and build up from there.

We have also looked at feedback from some of the teams and will go with Aim assist this go around. I would like to see how no aim assist plays out on a skill factor.
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com