What does building a map do?

LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 276Player
edited October 18 in Mission Editor - Support
Sometimes the game will say I need to build lighting or build paths. Also, sometimes the Advanced Editor will glitch out when I try to move stuff -- moving the entire map instead of what I'm trying to move.

This in turn causes the terrain to look glitchy. What am I doing wrong?

It seems to take an EXTREMELY LONG time to build a map (which I'm doing right now), so I'd appreciate knowing if its even necessary to do this.
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 276Player
    Oh... and I need help fixing this map bug here.

jAjxtZP.png

It's really bugging me. Can't find anything on it so far...
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    What bug?

"Show Nav Paths" - keyboard "P" ?

Have you been poking around in all the resources on this and the archived forums? There's tons of editor info.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,320Beta Tester
    Oh, and to answer the OP "Building" a map means recalculating geometry that's moved, or rebuilding shadow and lightmaps when you move stuff and the shadow projects in a different spot.

There's a setting to build lighting at "Preview" level in the toolbar and menus so it won't take so long.

Also, if you're selecting stuff, and miss...you may select something in the background, including the landscape. When deselecting, don't click off an object! That'll just select something else. You need to practice making sure only the objects you want are selected!!

Don't forget CTRL+Z is "UNDO"
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 227Player
    it seems you've duplicated the landscape, cancel one. I can tell you that the landscape can color it, shape it, but it does not like being moved.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 915Player
    edited October 18
    On my youtube channel i have loads of simple tutorials .