screenshots

Is it still a requirement of the game that screenshots are in the public domain for anyone to see ?

Comments

• {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player
    -Wasp- wrote: »
    Is it still a requirement of the game that screenshots are in the public domain for anyone to see ?

What screenshots do you talk about, the ones we post on steam or the pbss's that are made?.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer

I don't know what this means. Your screenshots are your screenshots.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    I think he means that PB must have access to your screen during gameplay on a PB protected server?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    If it's about the PBSS, then no. You can keep them private if you don't want to share them publicly, some server make their PBSS public so other people can see them but that is optional for each server owner to do.
  • -Wasp--Wasp- Posts: 3Player
    It was pbss i was on about sorry for the confusion but i was a requirement in the past so everyone could see there was nothing to hide but if it is optional then no problems thanks.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 995Moderator
    As a player, theres nothing you can do about PBSS, its up to the server admin to make the PBSS public or not.
    Some servers might have a requirement that you return useful PBSS tho, but thats mostly a driver issue, but that has nothing to do with the screenshots being public or not.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • -Wasp--Wasp- Posts: 3Player
    OK so how do you keep servers clear of cheats if admins can not look at the screenshots returned from users. We all know we can not rely on punkbuster and i get annoyed when good players are accused of cheating because they are good and not cheating. Surely public screenshots has everyone playing the game, keeping the game clean for all to enjoy.

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    There is a force screen shot function that server owners can set up.
    OK so how do you keep servers clear of cheats if admins can not look at the screenshots returned from users. We all know we can not rely on punkbuster and i get annoyed when good players are accused of cheating because they are good and not cheating. Surely public screenshots has everyone playing the game, keeping the game clean for all to enjoy.

Server Owners are always able to look at the PBSS's with FTP Access or as some hosts do in their control panel, not having it publicly doesn't mean there are none taken. Now if the server has multiple admins running it's to the owner to decide to put it publicly so other admins from that server have access to it.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,422Player
    My server screenshots can be viewed here http://217.146.91.82:10007/msgpbssv.html our second server screenshots can be viewed here http://217.146.91.84:10007/msgpbssv.html most server owners have their screenshots public the only ones I know that keep them private are official servers.