Can no longer Spot while ADS

2»

Comments

• aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 344Developer

This wasn't added in the new patch btw, or if it was I can't seem to locate it.

That's a bug if it's missing
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player

Yeah I tried yesterday it was still r3 for lean and spot :(
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 344Developer

Yeah I tried yesterday it was still r3 for lean and spot :(

Have you tried rebinding? They should require a full key each now and you can put spot elsewhere I believe.
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 49Player
    The ONLY thing this game NEEDS is lobbies for people above 1.50 KD only. The noob players are killing the game for me. Mandatory mics would be sweet if possible lol.
  • You do realise that without all those noobs your KDR will go down to less than 1.5
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 570Player
    You do realise that without all those noobs your KDR will go down to less than 1.5

This.

People have talked and talked and talked about ways to try to objectively judge player skill. KDR is the common stat thrown out there, but I've seen XP/min and round/match win-loss ratio thrown out there as well. There's just really not a great way to do it.

A player who always joins the winning team is going to fare far better in those stats than a player who joins the losing side. Players who play competitively or regularly play against quality competition will have lower stats, despite likely being better players.

Even a stat like accuracy can be misleading. My M4 accuracy is around 11.3%, but that doesn't mean I'm inaccurate. In my case it means that I prefire common spots or attempt to wall people depending on the map. Other people with better accuracy might not do those things, which typically means they're less effective. Other players with low accuracy may just have bad aim.

For the most part, there's no be-all-end-all stat that tells you how good a player is. Yes, there are extreme examples that can be conclusive, such as a really low KDR, but those are the exception, not the norm.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 277Player
    The ONLY thing this game NEEDS is lobbies for people above 1.50 KD only. The noob players are killing the game for me. Mandatory mics would be sweet if possible lol.

I wouldn't mind if teams were organized by K/D. To Help make things a bit fair, but lobbies def. shouldn't be sorted by K/D
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 929Moderator

I wouldn't mind if teams were organized by K/D. To Help make things a bit fair, but lobbies def. shouldn't be sorted by K/D
    flawed thinking, if you sort by FR, it will work initially, but it will end up with most players having a FR of one, how are you going to differentiate skill level then?
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 577Player
    frankof wrote: »

flawed thinking, if you sort by FR, it will work initially, but it will end up with most players having a FR of one, how are you going to differentiate skill level then?

Biggest mouth win!?
    AAPG is good!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 277Player

What's FR?

You can still have a K/D of over 2.0+ when both teams are balanced by KD. Both teams would still have their low KD or "low-skill" players and also have a few high-skilled players.

The only way I see both sides ending up having a KD of one is if they kill an opponent of their equal skill in one round, and then die by that same opponent in the next. Of/c that's not how the game works.

People who have high KDs generally earn more kills per round than those with lower KDs. That said, if teams are balanced so that ideally the individual KDs of one team mirrors the individual KDs of another , High KD players will still get high KDs because they're going to be more likely to get large amounts of kills overall - mainly from the low KD players on the other side. They'll also die seldomly, most likely from the same 1-2 people with High KDs on the other side.

So they'd still get games like "7-2", "12-6", "14-5" ect, because although they've got an opponent of equal strength on the otherside, they've got other weaker guys to kill besides said opponent.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 570Player

What's FR?

You can still have a K/D of over 2.0+ when both teams are balanced by KD. Both teams would still have their low KD or "low-skill" players and also have a few high-skilled players.

The only way I see both sides ending up having a KD of one is if they kill an opponent of their equal skill in one round, and then die by that same opponent in the next. Of/c that's not how the game works.

People who have high KDs generally earn more kills per round than those with lower KDs. That said, if teams are balanced so that ideally the individual KDs of one team mirrors the individual KDs of another , High KD players will still get high KDs because they're going to be more likely to get large amounts of kills overall - mainly from the low KD players on the other side. They'll also die seldomly, most likely from the same 1-2 people with High KDs on the other side.

So they'd still get games like "7-2", "12-6", "14-5" ect, because although they've got an opponent of equal strength on the otherside, they've got other weaker guys to kill besides said opponent.

Fragrate. Same as KDR. Same as K/D.