Can no longer Spot while ADS

LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 247Player
edited October 23 in PS4
Before the update, it was possible to spot targets while ADS (aiming down the sights) but ever since lean was added this is no longer possible. The only way to spot a target is to press R3 from the hip, and tbh this is very hard to do considering the fact that people (or at least I) aren't able to as easily concentrate on a particular location at the hip when compared to ADS. Not to mention that it was generally second nature (for me at least) to always spot targets before engaging so that my team mates could be aware of the enemy I had seen. Only spotting from ADS can be give you pin point accuracy whilst allowing you to be ready to effectively engage the hostile.

I suggest changing the spot button to the Left Arrow Button on the d-pad, and perhaps removing the location feature altogether which would relay your position on the map to your squad mates. It's just not practical nor necessary. I very rarely pay attention to the transparent block of text on the corner of the screen, and I'm confident such a trivial feature wouldn't be missed either.

In addition to this, I strongly encourage that points be awarded for calling out enemy players. This makes sense because by calling out enemies to your team you're helping them out and being a team player.
Allowing Spot to have its own button
  1. Do you think players should be able to assign a button for the "Spot" feature?3 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
        0.00%
    3. I don't care/Indecisive
      33.33%
Amateurs try until they can get it right, Professionals keep trying until they can't get it wrong

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 516Player
    Before the update, it was possible to spot targets while ADS (aiming down the sights) but ever since lean was added this is no longer possible. The only way to spot a target is to press R3 from the hip, and tbh this is very hard to do considering the fact that people (or at least I) aren't able to as easily concentrate on a particular location at the hip when compared to ADS. Not to mention that it was generally second nature (for me at least) to always spot targets before engaging so that my team mates could be aware of the enemy I had seen. Only spotting from ADS can be give you pin point accuracy whilst allowing you to be ready to effectively engage the hostile.

I suggest changing the spot button to the Left Arrow Button on the d-pad, and perhaps removing the location feature altogether which would relay your position on the map to your squad mates. It's just not practical nor necessary. I very rarely pay attention to the transparent block of text on the corner of the screen, and I'm confident such a trivial feature wouldn't be missed either.

In addition to this, I strongly encourage that points be awarded for calling out enemy players. This makes sense because by calling out enemies to your team you're helping them out and being a team player.

I agree that the report-in function isn't very useful in a game with VOIP and in-world tags on teammates. It was absolutely a necessity in AA2, but not in AAPG. If you're running out of controller buttons, this should probably be the first thing to go.
  • Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,914Player
    I agree that the report-in function isn't very useful in a game with VOIP and in-world tags on teammates. It was absolutely a necessity in AA2, but not in AAPG. If you're running out of controller buttons, this should probably be the first thing to go.

I remember years ago saying that the report in "function" should just show your location over your name when you use VOIP. Sometimes I get super confused when guys say stuff on VOIP and I have no idea what it's referring to. Either that or put the distance the person who is using VOIP is from you.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,765Player
    You guys talking about report in he's talking about spotting another feature that should have been removed or moved to mini map.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    You guys talking about report in he's talking about spotting another feature that should have been removed or moved to mini map.

True, but he mentioned moving Spot Enemy to the button that Report In is currently on. I was just commenting on how useless the Report In function is due to VOIP and the in-game HUD.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 288Developer
    Fwiw I do like a lot of these ideas, because lean isn't going away and VOIP does make some of these functions redundant. You guys make good points.
    Fwiw I do like a lot of these ideas, because lean isn't going away and VOIP does make some of these functions redundant. You guys make good points.

What about having a server option on lean? I know it wasnt going away no matter how much better the gameplay is without it, so how about having the ability to disable it in server settings similar to other features. So then comp could be played the proper way

er option on lean? I know it wasnt going away no matter how much better the gameplay is without it, so how about having the ability to disable it in server settings similar to other features. So then comp could be played the proper way

lol listen to you
    er option on lean? I know it wasnt going away no matter how much better the gameplay is without it, so how about having the ability to disable it in server settings similar to other features. So then comp could be played the proper way

lol listen to you

There are ways to please everyone

lol listen to you

There are ways to please everyone

I personally started playing after leaning was already in the game, but I do see the benefits of not having it. It's too easy to exploit the unavoidable reality of latency with quick peeks.

How hard would this be to implement as a server option? There's a server option that disables supported positions. Could this be implemented similarly?
  • fnraw_sinnerfnraw_sinner Posts: 1Player
    I also miss being able to spot while aiming down sights. Perhaps the lean/spot button could simultaneously do both actions if pressed while aiming down sights.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 247Player
    I also miss being able to spot while aiming down sights. Perhaps the lean/spot button could simultaneously do both actions if pressed while aiming down sights.

It could work... perhaps you could hold R3/L3 to lean, but tap R3 to spot? Or vice-versa?
    Amateurs try until they can get it right, Professionals keep trying until they can't get it wrong

P0asKE2.jpg
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 73Developer
    I personally started playing after leaning was already in the game, but I do see the benefits of not having it. It's too easy to exploit the unavoidable reality of latency with quick peeks.

I changed lean a year or so ago, so that quick peeking is not a thing. You lean out faster on the server, and lean back slower on the server. There is more to it than that, but that is a simple explanation.
  • Wiseguy21Wiseguy21 Posts: 17Player
    They could give spot its on place in settings instead of spot/lean R3. Make them separate. Wheres the poll to vote such a thing?
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player
    Wiseguy21 wrote: »
    They could give spot its on place in settings instead of spot/lean R3. Make them separate. Wheres the poll to vote such a thing?

Agreed ! I just tried to adjust my settings so I can use the spot but it's tricky since it's with lean .
    edited October 23

Agreed ! I just tried to adjust my settings so I can use the spot but it's tricky since it's with lean .

Yup... spot could be in a section of its own, and turned "off". So that players could assign their own button for spot. Or choose not to have it or swap it for some lesser feature.

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Wiseguy21Wiseguy21 Posts: 17Player
    edited October 24
    Nice
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player

Yup... spot could be in a section of its own, and turned "off". So that players could assign their own button for spot. Or choose not to have it or swap it for some lesser feature.

Yeah this really needs to be addressed . I use the spotting alot as I usually scout as a marksman .

Example on spring street, on the hotel balcony you can spot ppl going to the crouch part or in the bistro if your looking down the street. With a well coordinated team it would make a huge difference.

You'll be able to rebind it on its own in the new patch. Thanks.

Thank you

P0asKE2.jpg

This wasn't added in the new patch btw, or if it was I can't seem to locate it.

P0asKE2.jpg