PunkBuster has to be improved!!

phil.svphil.sv Posts: 15Player
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Beautiful game.
The only drawback are the many players that lean out from a corner with the rifle and in 1/4 of a second (evidently they know very well where you are, despite the hundred places in which someone could be) and kill you at the first shot. 1/4 of second!!
Evidently PunkBuster does not work well. Really a pity.

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 602Player
    If you would just shoot back instead of looking at your watch...
    AAPG is good!
  • COKECOLACOKECOLA Posts: 31Developer
    Flatlander wrote: »
    If you would just shoot back instead of looking at your watch...

You crack me up !!!
    :3
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 690Player
    I agree, PB must ban those players with skills.. How dare they to play on this game!!..
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 456Beta Tester
    edited October 2018
    They can know your location by several ways. Maybe you made a noise, maybe you shot someone, or maybe you are just standing in the most typical of those 100 spots. Probably the latter.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I very rarely run into cheaters. Most of the time the enemy player just has an idea about the game. I'm not saying that the issue is non-existent, but it's not that bad IMO.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 942Moderator
    Hackusations and paranoia are a bigger problem than actual cheaters in the game, its been like that for a long time.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 170Player
    Always the same few people validating how amazing PB is.
    Hope that Official Server Administrators position is well worth it guys.... Crack on!
    35d2uec.png
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    phil.sv wrote: »
    Beautiful game.
    The only drawback are the many players that lean out from a corner with the rifle and in 1/4 of a second (evidently they know very well where you are, despite the hundred places in which someone could be) and kill you at the first shot. 1/4 of second!!
    Evidently PunkBuster does not work well. Really a pity.

The issue doesn't lie with punkbuster rather its the feature but whatever. Enjoy pixel fighting

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Always the same few people validating how amazing PB is.
    Hope that Official Server Administrators position is well worth it guys.... Crack on!

That's because those few people have actual understanding of the software.
  • phil.svphil.sv Posts: 15Player
    edited October 2018
    ... or maybe you are just standing in the most typical of those 100 spots. Probably the latter....
    Obvious. To stand in tipical spots in normal.
    So the question is: how is possible in 1/4 second to lean out from a corner, to check, eg, the dozens of typical spots of the main hall of the hospital and to shoot to the spot where I lean out half the head, killing me (hitting half of the head) with a single shot??
    I attach the image of a comrade of mine today: why I can't shoot through the walls? Lol.

aa.png 319.8K
    edited October 2018
    So the question is: how is possible in 1/4 second to lean out from a corner, to check, eg, the dozens of typical spots of the main hall of the hospital and to shoot to the spot where I lean out half the head, killing me (hitting half of the head) with a single shot??

The answer to that question is simple, the player that killed you clearly has more experience. You are new to this game, most of the players in here are not and they play InnerHospital the most of all maps. I would suggest before asking how people do things, spectate them and learn from them. It would be better for all of us, instead of blaming other things with a .2 K/D.
    ... or maybe you are just standing in the most typical of those 100 spots. Probably the latter....
    I attach the image of a comrade of mine today: why I can't shoot through the walls? Lol.

When someone is expecting you in a spot, they will come prepared. The enemy will be already scoped in, aiming at where he is expecting your head to appear. He is not looking for you in all 100 spots, he is checking the most typical first. If you are there, all he has to do it pull the trigger. And he can do that quite quickly.
    If your connection id bad to the server (high ping) that will cause you to notice him a tiny bit later.
    There are other factors at play as well, e.g. map geometry. If you are closer to the corner, than him, he will see you first. Check this video for a better explanation.

Regarding your comrade: can he shoot through the wall? No. It is a visual thing in the vast majority of video games, including AAPG: if you stand too close to the wall, your gun will stick through it. But you are not able to shoot through it.
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 103Player

When someone is expecting you in a spot, they will come prepared. The enemy will be already scoped in, aiming at where he is expecting your head to appear. He is not looking for you in all 100 spots, he is checking the most typical first. If you are there, all he has to do it pull the trigger. And he can do that quite quickly.
    If your connection id bad to the server (high ping) that will cause you to notice him a tiny bit later.
    There are other factors at play as well, e.g. map geometry. If you are closer to the corner, than him, he will see you first. Check this video for a better explanation.

Regarding your comrade: can he shoot through the wall? No. It is a visual thing in the vast majority of video games, including AAPG: if you stand too close to the wall, your gun will stick through it. But you are not able to shoot through it.

Hi ther.no you cant kill them when your gun sticking out but they can kill you??in the hostipel at the windows at redhall if your gun are sticking out and they can see your hand then you be killd but you cant kill them??
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,991Player
    edited October 2018
    Another note, head shots are SOOO easy to land in this game. So many people stand still and if they're not standing still, the slower movement of ADS makes it pretty easy even if you're moving. If you're at fairly high health aiming is also super easy as sway is extremely low. The only way it's a challenge to land a hs is if a guy is really far away or moving without ADS (even then it's not bad unless the guy is sprinting). I'd say that around 50% of my kills are head shots. Even more, the amount of one tap head shots is probably extremely high as I kill guys with single shots to the head regularly with no difficulty.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 602Player
    You will see it good on server with no revive after hs. You barely get a second chance on these.
    AAPG is good!
    H.E.A.T. wrote: »

Hi ther.no you cant kill them when your gun sticking out but they can kill you??in the hostipel at the windows at redhall if your gun are sticking out and they can see your hand then you be killd but you cant kill them??

Exactly. If your hand is sticking through the window/wall, they can shoot your hand (so you can die), but you can't shoot back. The solution is simple: don't push your soldier against thin surfaces. This is a typical issue in many video games, not AAPG specific.

@Whiplash27 : yeah, I quickly checked your, Flatlander's and my profile and roughly 50% of our kills are headshots. I know this is a not a really scientific way of sampling, but it's a decent 1st estimate of players with some experience.
  • eddiethinkeddiethink Posts: 27Player

Well hitting half of the head is a headshot so that's logical. There are no 100 spots at once, there are 1 or 2 everytime you move along. Then there is sound which is a huge factor in this game. You might already be reported by another player bewfore you got shot.
    SKULL-PART-DEUX3.png