How do I access the mission/map editor?

According to the following site: https://www.americasarmy.com/aapg/mission-editor
There should be some option called "Editor" that I go to, to access the mission/map editor so I can make a map. But when I access the game I can't find the option anywhere!
I'd love to be able to make my own map, but I'll need to figure out how to access the editor first.
Any help would be appreciated... Thanks in advance.
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 229Player
    sure :) my game in steam, right click in aapg, lunch editor
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 966Moderator
    edited October 2018
    You are aware that a lot of the guides dont apply to PS4?
    The editor is a DLC to the PC version
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    A map editor on ps4 would be a sight to behold.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 178Player
    The simple Point and Click Asset Map Editor that's in the PC version would be fine for PS4 users.
    It's simple to use and the learning curve is near zero.
    I dont think its a good idea to add the full blown UE3 map editor as its far too complex for PS4 controllers and users.
    35d2uec.png
    The simple Point and Click Asset Map Editor that's in the PC version would be fine for PS4 users.
    It's simple to use and the learning curve is near zero.
    I dont think its a good idea to add the full blown UE3 map editor as its far too complex for PS4 controllers and users.

Sure, but let's be honest, the basic editor is pretty awful if you want your map to look like anything beyond a cheapo cardboard cutout map.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player
    I was actually talking about the one on PC. I'm aware that there isn't one on PS4... yet.

P0asKE2.jpg
    edited October 2018
    frankof wrote: »
    You are aware that a lot of the guides dont apply to PS4?
    The editor is a DLC to the PC version

So Its a DLC? (Wish the guide would've said that). Thanks.
    EDIT:"Date Added: 12/31/ 1969"

P0asKE2.jpg
    6gcm.png
    Map making is a lot more complex than I thought!!! This stuff is like rocket science to me, and I'm not even using the Advanced Editor! :scream:

P0asKE2.jpg
    Map making is a lot more complex than I thought!!! This stuff is like rocket science to me, and I'm not even using the Advanced Editor! :scream:

It takes a while to get the hang of. I started out just putting stuff together in the basic editor, saving the file and then eventually opening it up in the full editor and figuring it out from there. Also, there's some useful stuff in the editor forum. You can also search on google, but since just about everyone is on UE4 there's not as much information out there now-a-days as there was a 2-3 years ago.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 178Player

Awww what's wrong, no Auto Aim Assist provided? :p
    35d2uec.png
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 480Beta Tester
    I did a similar thing to Whiplash. Started with the basic one, but quickly switched to the advanced. It wasn't easy, but I felt that the basic one is too limited for me, as I only had a handful of objects to place and use.

However, the basic is good for learning the... basics. Placing, moving, rotating objects, etc. Also, if I was to start a new map now, I'd definitely create the map file in the basic, then open it in the advanced. The basic editor does a lot of things for you in the background, which helps to get a map started. Starting from a blank map file in the advanced would be a pain in the back side for me.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    As far as I know, the Basic Editor is bugged and won't save maps in this latest build. It has been reported.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,166Player
    When you first start out I'd strongly advise making a template map in the basic editor with your gametype, playercount etc.. save it then re-open that saved map file in the advanced editor and go from there, this way all the world info properties, pylons and player spawnpoints are generated automatically.

At least do that until you start to gain confidence in using the full editor. Seems like a long time ago now but I found it a real chore to learn especially coming from knowing nothing about the UDK, as people have advised above, check out the map editor forums there's some real good info in there from some real smart people who know their stuff. I'm sure that's how most of us got started, helping each other out with various issues as we go along.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    As far as I know, the Basic Editor is bugged and won't save maps in this latest build. It has been reported.

I just re-tested this, and now it seems to be working... ?! :shrug: What the?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.