Official AAPG tournaments hosted by BattlegroundsGG - 12/8 6vs6 OP Alliance - SIGN UPS OPEN

13»

Comments

• jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 49Player
    10 PS4 maps:
    Sandstorm- take and hold
    Springstreet- ex
    Hospital- vip
    Check out- ex
    Homestead- c4
    Uptown- ex
    Intercept- vip
    Hydra- ex
    Redline- vip
    Crossfire- c4

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    10 PS4 maps:
    Sandstorm- take and hold
    Springstreet- ex
    Hospital- vip
    Check out- ex
    Homestead- c4
    Uptown- ex
    Intercept- vip
    Hydra- ex
    Redline- vip
    Crossfire- c4

Thank you.

And those are the only way to play those maps? One objective mode per map?

For example on PC, Inner Hospital can be played as Extract or VIP.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 628Player
    I remember one of the early AAPG comp tourneys had revives. The one that 2K2S won. Was that TWL, Fragged Nation maybe? idk. It was casted though
    edited October 2018
    doogle! wrote: »
    I remember one of the early AAPG comp tourneys had revives. The one that 2K2S won. Was that TWL, Fragged Nation maybe? idk. It was casted though

I found this. I don't see anything about revives in this one at least. Remember double kills? haha

EDIT:

There we go. I wonder if this was before there was an option to get rid of revives.
    They can only be played that way.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player

Yup, as jgvn11 said you get one objective per map --- no other way to play.

This really allows for a variety in map rotation so that the same map doesn't come up everything single time -- just with a different mode.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

This really allows for a variety in map rotation so that the same map doesn't come up everything single time -- just with a different mode.

Do you have the ability to map vote on PS4? From a dev standpoint, I can't imagine it would take a lot of work to at least have the other objective modes available to be voted for if the map is already in the game.

When I ran a PC server, I usually removed the "bad" maps from the rotation and then separated out the maps that had more than one objective type so they weren't right in a row.

Do you have the ability to map vote on PS4? From a dev standpoint, I can't imagine it would take a lot of work to at least have the other objective modes available to be voted for if the map is already in the game.

When I ran a PC server, I usually removed the "bad" maps from the rotation and then separated out the maps that had more than one objective type so they weren't right in a row.

It is a vote, the map you just played, plus two more pop up. But everyone always picks the same five maps.

It is a vote, the map you just played, plus two more pop up. But everyone always picks the same five maps.

Oh. On PC depending on the server's settings, we may have the ability to vote for a different map while the current match is going on, and the list of maps usually has multiple objective choices for the same physical maps.
    Hope y'all have fun tomorrow... May the best team win

P0asKE2.jpg
  • PRE_-CISION-_PRE_-CISION-_ Posts: 18Player
    edited October 2018
    2uj16i9.jpg

Congrats to PRO TRIBE!! They won the tournament with a final score of 3 maps to 2 against team AATS. Both teams played hard and it went down to the wire. Thank you EVERYONE for participating. This was the first of many, next event is a 2v2 to be announced SOON!!!
    RLxGOgB.png
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 105Player
    Well I don't own a PS4 and can't play AAPG on it, obviously. But I think this would be pretty good. I just have a little question. Why 4v4? I thought it was supposed to be 5v5? I know that consoles are limited and don't have all the things that PC does, but is it so hard to make it a 5v5? I don't know consoles that well and don't have a lot of experience, I'm just curious.

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam
    Well I don't own a PS4 and can't play AAPG on it, obviously. But I think this would be pretty good. I just have a little question. Why 4v4? I thought it was supposed to be 5v5? I know that consoles are limited and don't have all the things that PC does, but is it so hard to make it a 5v5? I don't know consoles that well and don't have a lot of experience, I'm just curious.

It has nothing to do with any possible limitations or constraints with the PS4. They just wanted to have a 4v4 Tournament.

P0asKE2.jpg
    November 10th is right around the corner and that marks our next event, our first 2v2 duo's 32 team tournament!

https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/1913539441918820352/information

As of this posting we have 20/32 slots filled, find your battle buddy and get in there!
    RLxGOgB.png
    edited November 2018
    dx3760iwuzl7.jpeg

We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! With another Holiday right around the corner, what better way to enjoy your time with your gaming pals than in a tournament for America's Army on PS4!

On 12/8 @ 7pm est http://Battlegrounds.GG will be hosting Operation Alliance. This is a 6v6 officially sponsored 16 team tournament. Sign-up link at our website above and linked down below.

Join discord: https://discord.gg/6Wdnr3K

Sign up: https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/2009778106979155968/registration/
    RLxGOgB.png