How to report cheaters in game?

I want to reaport specific user, he is admin on one of servers.

Comments

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 186Player
    Apparently you can report cheaters at https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse
    But myself and few of other people seem to think it does not work as they are never acted on.
    35d2uec.png
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Apparently you can report cheaters at https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse
    But myself and few of other people seem to think it does not work as they are never acted on.

Cheaters are banned
    Cheaters are banned

Hahaha, your a funny guy aaHollywood. :)
    35d2uec.png
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    Over the period of AA:PG I have reported about 50 confirmed cheaters and know they have all been banned. However I also know that some that I did report may have been in question on my part. If they are cheating they are banned.
  • {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player

I feel you, but I'm oke with that..
    At the end its me laughing because I see their names pop-up on the MBL :awesome:
  • theseer!^theseer!^ Posts: 52Player

At the end its me laughing because I see their names pop-up on the MBL :awesome:

They ending in the major Baseball league :./ wth
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
    Honestly, I always get accused of cheating, aimbot, wallhack etc. Hope I don't get banned one day for just improving myself, and I think the AAPG devs and players that have spent over 1k+ hours on the game or are just dedicated to it should also review cases of suspected cheaters, just like CSGO overwatch. As I think that should make the game better for everyone, but then again only have players that are actually dedicated to the game and not hire some idiots who think every other good player is a cheater, but some who actually know the game.

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam

They ending in the major Baseball league :./ wth

Oh seertje, sometimes I feel like there is still hope for you and then other times :cry:
    edited October 2018
    Honestly, I always get accused of cheating, aimbot, wallhack etc. Hope I don't get banned one day for just improving myself, and I think the AAPG devs and players that have spent over 1k+ hours on the game or are just dedicated to it should also review cases of suspected cheaters, just like CSGO overwatch. As I think that should make the game better for everyone, but then again only have players that are actually dedicated to the game and not hire some idiots who think every other good player is a cheater, but some who actually know the game.

Here is one for you that happen only a few days ago...
    Long time suspected cheater player gets PB banned for multihack. Likely because their private subscription only hack finally got detected/leaked.
    Player comes back into the server the very next day under a new account, no PB ban but linked background check account.
    Player tries to votekick the super secret official server admin that we are not allowed to talk about. Player gets banned via "account marked disabled/inactive".
    Player comes in under another new account, with updated cheats and hacking away just like before.
    Player proudly voices globally how they bypassed the ban and using the same "program" to other suspected cheaters who just happen to be steam friends.

Now tell me at what point do you just give up and walk away?
    Or do you just get even and buy your own subscription?
    What about drinking the kool aid and believing in that rainbow and unicorn story of no cheaters in AA?
    You tell me...
    35d2uec.png
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    Report the player or don't. Someone else will. There are other ways to have a player banned other then an IP.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    edited October 2018
    It astonishes me that anyone would cheat in a game with such a small community. Either way, no game will ever completely eliminate cheaters. You won't be able to find one because anti-cheat is always reactive. The best you can do is get to the point where all of the more easily available cheats are blocked quickly and that the only guys who can pull it off are those who have private cheats. At least at that point you significantly reduce your population of cheaters.

Of course, this also being a government game, it would be pretty funny if they got some legit high level coders from the one of the intelligence agencies to program some hardcore stuff to find these people. :lol:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    The problem is not only with those who decide to cheat, it is also with those who don't know how to setup their PunkBuster properly or how to use the tools they are given by EvenBalance. For example, have you ever checked out PBSS from servers, almost if not all of the servers on AAPG make the PBSS from the center of the player screen, while I like to rotated those settings automatically to see everything of the screens and increase capturing them in the act.

Reporting players is always a good thing and I highly recommand it, but I also recommand to work as a community and talk to each other as server owners and share the details of people that were caught. Sometimes, even if you stream you servers, you will have cheaters that will not get caught right away by the system. So it's always good to have server admins with knowledge of how things work keeping an eye out as well.

What I also like to do, is visit game tracker from time to time and check out the PBSS made on other servers when they have it activated and made publicly. Sometimes, it pays off.. Like today.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.61.98.127:8777/punkbuster/?pbssipp=50&query=00000000000000076561198371688433&submit=Search by GUID

I think the AAPG devs and players that have spent over 1k+ hours on the game or are just dedicated to it should also review cases of suspected cheaters, just like CSGO overwatch. As I think that should make the game better for everyone, but then again only have players that are actually dedicated to the game and not hire some idiots who think every other good player is a cheater, but some who actually know the game.

Even though I like this idea, it's not going to work. Having people dedicated to a game and knowing the game doesn't make them experts in anti-cheat. I've had a beta tester, which are considered experts of this game by some, accuse me of having impossible scores. So having a system like that in this game will bring its issues more then it will bring solutions.

I've played with and against you multiple times, and why people would accuse you is mind blowing. (I mean this in a positive way not to diss you lol) But it does show what problems can come from having those so called experts given the power over good players and to get them banned.
  • BialeKOnie[pl]BialeKOnie[pl] Posts: 3Player
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for all the replays, I have already send a link to video with hacks,
    In bridge crossing community it was a big hit, because cheter was admin and funder of

[Mod edit: Tos violation]

Guy uploaded a videos with hackers on his YouTube chanel
    but unfortunately for him he uploaded evidence in his own case xD

[Mod edit: Tos violation]
    Guy is using multiple accounts

;)

edited October 2018
    There is no way we can know it's actually from his channel, anyone could have used his in-game name and recorded himself cheating and then claiming that it's from his channel. Me personally would not take this video as evidence and ban him on it.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 637Player
    There is no way we can know it's actually from his channel, anyone could have used his in-game name and recorded himself cheating and then claiming that it's from his channel. Me personally would not take this video as evidence and ban him on it.

But compare it to the beginning of this video, that is on his channel:

The Steam overlay seems to match up pretty well, including in-game hours near the top left. I'm sure someone could try to check out his friends list and make sure those names are on it if they felt so inclined. Achievements are the same.

I'd wager it's legit.
    edited October 2018

The Steam overlay seems to match up pretty well, including in-game hours near the top left. I'm sure someone could try to check out his friends list and make sure those names are on it if they felt so inclined. Achievements are the same.

I'd wager it's legit.

It's a possibility, nothing more because that can also be edited into the video. That's one of many reason we stopped using video's as evidence overall. I'm not saying it isn't him though.

The things I think of comparing the video's;

- Why is no one from both sides complaining and screaming the word "cheater".
    - Why is the re-upload better quality then the original video's on his channel.
    - Steam alerts sounds on both video's are different.
    - Steam Overlays can be edited in, if you know how to do it.

So for me personally I can't use it, others might use it that's their choice of course.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 637Player

I'd wager it's legit.

It's a possibility, nothing more because that can also be edited into the video. That's one of many reason we stopped using video's as evidence overall. I'm not saying it isn't him though.

So for me personally I can't use it, others might use it that's their choice of course.

You may very well be right. I didn't look at it that closely. Obviously if I were in a position to ban someone, I'd put a lot more effort into knowing I'm right.

Out of curiosity, would you give more weight to a Twitch highlight? I've streamed cheaters in the past, including showing the pb_plist in console.
    edited October 2018

I'd wager it's legit.

You may very well be right. I didn't look at it that closely. Obviously if I were in a position to ban someone, I'd put a lot more effort into knowing I'm right.

Out of curiosity, would you give more weight to a Twitch highlight? I've streamed cheaters in the past, including showing the pb_plist in console.

Even thought Twitch highlights still fall under video evidence, and aren't used by any anti-cheat organisations as evidence. I personally might use it, but it's really rare. I usually use DemoRec's, PBSS, MD5 Checks, Cvar Searches, Bind Searches and have everything logged on the server.

Edit: As a side note, if by chance you find yourself streaming a cheater you could always try to contact a Dev when available and let them see your stream. If it's clear enough for them they can take actions against them.
  • BialeKOnie[pl]BialeKOnie[pl] Posts: 3Player
    Thanks for your attention, I will describe in detail why its spellbinders video.

This video is re upload from spellbinder channel,

(deleted)

At the begging he used it for trowing videos as an evidence of cheating of different players.
    He send such videos to community showing suspected behaviors.

On the channel there were only 3 videos.
    one of those was that one that I download on my computer and make a backup in case he will delete it.

After one day he deleted video

I asked him why he deleted this specific video, and he told me that he only had 2 videos, which is a lie.

Than he channel was deleted.
    Than he removed me from steam friend list.

You can see clearly when his name appeared while shooting rocket.

Some of You say that this video could be edited,
    Main question is who cold make such an effort?

+Master after effects, and video compositing
    +Duplicate someones hack videos
    +Hacks his YouTube account to upload it?

Its hard and complicated.

Also you can see how aim bot snaps to targets,
    this could be extremely hard to duplicate with video editing.

In attachment I have put screens shoots from my chat with spellbinder.

edited October 2018
    Than he channel was deleted.

He might have blocked you, because I can still see his channel.

Some of You say that this video could be edited,
    Main question is who cold make such an effort?

+Master after effects, and video compositing
    +Duplicate someones hack videos
    +Hacks his YouTube account to upload it?

Its hard and complicated.

Not if you know how to do it, all it takes is Vegas Pro or AE and a good knowledge of editing. Now again, I'm not saying he didn't had it on his channel or that you are lying. So don't worry, but I'm saying that video reports are most likely to be turned down because of the high potential of being designed.
This discussion has been closed.