FLO_RedAlert_C4

Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,821Player
Here's another map I've been working on. It's a mixture of outdoor and indoor environments. A decent amount bigger than the prior map. I'm a bit worried about the timing between bomb sites (I'm considering making it a 45 second bomb rather than the standard 40), but I'd like to see how it plays.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1529530663

6c3z.jpg
You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Comments

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 144Player
    Needs more Tesla Coils... :p
    35d2uec.png
  • Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,821Player

haha, if only!
    edited October 6

Boom. I have no idea how to make them electrified though. Would be funny if I could make it so that if you leave the map the tesla coil shoots you.
    6dkd.png
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I have no idea how to make them electrified though. Would be funny if I could make it so that if you leave the map the tesla coil shoots you.

That's a great idea!
    35d2uec.png
    you mean something like this

Yeah, although my knowledge of kismet is almost 0 and I couldn't even find an electrical particle in the editor. Also, I'm not quite sure how I'd be able to tie the shooting of the coil to the world boundary volume in the it would shoot the exact location of the player.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,154Player
    A damage volume should do the trick.. if a player gets near they take damage.. you could just have random sparks (there are electrical particle effects, last time I looked anyway) that don't necessarily have to hit the player.. just have a warning sign around the coil to not get near :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

A damage volume should do the trick.. if a player gets near they take damage.. you could just have random sparks (there are electrical particle effects, last time I looked anyway) that don't necessarily have to hit the player.. just have a warning sign around the coil to not get near :+1:

Right now they're placed at inaccessible places. I just wanted a funny effect where it would kill you if you go to the wrong place.
    edited October 8
    For the motherland...

35d2uec.png
    edited October 8
    Was going to put the March if you didn't :awesome:
    War Factory
    6ecs.png
    latest?cb=20120209091059

Radar Tower
    6ect.png
    latest?cb=20120209075733
    Created a YouTube video running through the map:
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 209Player
    big work! nice map
    edited October 12
    Nice work there Whiplash27.
    Kane will be proud of you heroic efforts.
    35d2uec.png
    edited October 16
    Made a few updates.

Most notably I changed around the barracks. Instead of being able to go in through the basement and out the other side, the basement now extends under the bar/arcade room through to where the conference room is and the stairs to go up to the 2nd floor. Also, now the 2nd floor looks out over the first floor with the roof having shootable glass that guys can rain down fire on. I wanted to make the middle building be more important for map control, so I hope this will help. Additionally, I moved the entry from the underground objective into the barracks, so a straight sprint from objective to objective can now be accomplished in under 20 seconds (which I previously found to be one of the biggest problems in the map).

Not that anyone's played the map to know the difference anyway :lol: