Private Lobby and Patch Discussion

KartiganKartigan Posts: 73Developer
Hey everyone!

Random factoid, the odd/bad patch we had yesterday did not cause any extra PS4 crashes. We were expecting a crash report a mile long!

Big thanks to Sony for helping us get the patch out extra fast. Their support is fantastic.

And... On to the discussion. Anything you want to let us know about the patch.

How are the private games going with full players? Are you using it to play clan matches, or play the game in different ways? Any bugs? Any feature requests?

We love videos. Especially videos with bugs!

Cheers,

-Kartigan

Comments

• xBEMx_FoxxxBEMx_Foxx Posts: 11Player
    the private severs lag a lot
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 73Developer
    xBEMx_Foxx wrote: »
    the private severs lag a lot

The first release of private games only uses P2P hosting, so unless the lobby host has a PS4 Pro and a beefy internet connection it will probably lag a bit with a full lobby.

We are working on allowing private games to use dedicated servers and that will be in a future update.
  • Rockster1985Rockster1985 Posts: 1Player
    One thing I’ve noticed while playing if you have R3 hold on use and R3 tap on spot/lean right the lean doesn’t work (you can spot while not aiming down sights but you can’t lean while aiming down sights) I’m not sure why it does this. Just one thing I noticed and was hoping to get fixed so I don’t have to either not be able to choke as well, or not be able to lean as that quickly. Later I tried square tap and hold and it also didn’t work
    One thing I’ve noticed while playing if you have R3 hold on use and R3 tap on spot/lean right the lean doesn’t work (you can spot while not aiming down sights but you can’t lean while aiming down sights) I’m not sure why it does this. Just one thing I noticed and was hoping to get fixed so I don’t have to either not be able to choke as well, or not be able to lean as that quickly. Later I tried square tap and hold and it also didn’t work

For now, I'd recommend not binding spot to a tap or a hold. Give it a whole key.

Already talked to design about it. We are going to explore options with it to see if we can keep the tap/hold functionality for spot.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 279Player

It's possible to lean in PS4 now?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

It's possible to lean in PS4 now?

Yes, L3/R3 when scoped, by default.

Note* There's a bug if you rebind R3. You need to give it a whole key, not a tap or hold.

The lean on PS4 is less aggressive than PC, but it does allow you to move while leaning. The PC lean is more aggressive and is allowed scoped or not, but anything outside of tiny movements will cause it to disengage.
  • CorrektdCorrektd Posts: 61Player
    edited October 6
    Hey AA Devs,

First off, great job on the Private Lobbies. I think its a great start! I'll just offer some suggestions that I think would make it even better...

1. Have the ability to set the size of the lobby. (e.g. 8 players, 10 players, etc)
    2. Have the ability to control the ping requirements. (e.g. Allow players with > 100ms)
    3. Spectate Mode! I think this would be awesome, especially in Competitive matches to be able to spectate the game, from an overhead view, for commentators, etc.

These are my suggestions, I will most likely come up with more as time goes by and I'll add that here.. But, in the meantime, keep up the good work!

EDITED:
    4. Gives us the ability to remove bonus weapons from the maps. (e.g. the RPG from Uptown)
    5. There is a bug when stopping the timer in the lobby. If the timer is stopped, we are stuck at the loading screen, and the entire lobby has to close the game App, the lobby has to be rehosted.

@Kartigan @aaHollywood

Thanks,
    Correktd
    ZxOwxxT.png
    Correktd wrote: »
    Hey AA Devs,

First off, great job on the Private Lobbies. I think its a great start! I'll just offer some suggestions that I think would make it even better...

1. Have the ability to set the size of the lobby. (e.g. 8 players, 10 players, etc)
    2. Have the ability to control the ping requirements. (e.g. Allow players with > 100ms)
    3. Spectate Mode! I think this would be awesome, especially in Competitive matches to be able to spectate the game, from an overhead view, for commentators, etc.

These are my suggestions, I will most likely come up with more as time goes by and I'll add that here.. But, in the meantime, keep up the good work!

Thanks,
    Correktd

1. The general thought is that only invited players can join your game. The way some things function, friends may also be able to join right now. We could use some feedback in this area, if you want to setup some test cases and send us results.

2. Kick? Green is under 120, two yellow is under 220, three yellow under 320, two red 420, and one red over 420.

3. Supporting features for competitive play is definitely on the list.
  • CorrektdCorrektd Posts: 61Player
    edited October 4
    Kartigan wrote: »
    Correktd wrote: »
    Hey AA Devs,

Thanks,
    Correktd

1. The general thought is that only invited players can join your game. The way some things function, friends may also be able to join right now. We could use some feedback in this area, if you want to setup some test cases and send us results.

2. Kick? Green is under 120, two yellow is under 220, three yellow under 320, two red 420, and one red over 420.

3. Supporting features for competitive play is definitely on the list.

We should be able to join off friends, or allow people in the lobby to invite their friends. I can see this being an issue for competitive, when I am trying to fill up the lobby with the other team, I don't want to have to add their entire team to my friends list, just one of them.

I apologize, should have been more clear on #2. I mean't like locking the room. Where if someone joins the lobby with 170ms ping and your lobby is set to Under 120, it'll automatically kick them. I would then have the game send them a error message with why they failed to join the room.

I'm glad #3 is on your radar.
    ZxOwxxT.png
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 31Player
    FYI as a Tournament Host I would be willing to pay a small fee for private servers for console, just say'n!!!
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 349Developer
    DJHaole wrote: »
    FYI as a Tournament Host I would be willing to pay a small fee for private servers for console, just say'n!!!

Dedicated servers for private lobbies are coming. Without the fees.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 575Player

Is PS4 going to have servers with the ability to change settings the way PC does?
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 279Player
    edited October 6
    Kartigan wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Random factoid, the odd/bad patch we had yesterday did not cause any extra PS4 crashes. We were expecting a crash report a mile long!

Big thanks to Sony for helping us get the patch out extra fast. Their support is fantastic.

And... On to the discussion. Anything you want to let us know about the patch.

How are the private games going with full players? Are you using it to play clan matches, or play the game in different ways? Any bugs? Any feature requests?

We love videos. Especially videos with bugs!

Cheers,

-Kartigan

After the patch, its now harder/impossible to spot enemies whilst aiming. I am a big fan of the spot feature, and now I can't spot targets while I'm ADS, since the button is bound to R3.
    Also... give points for spotting targets.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 31Player

Awesome... :)
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury
    www.urgentfury.com
  • DunnQDunnQ Posts: 3Player
    There's currently a bug when selecting the sniper in public matches; if you select it and hit 'circle' sometimes it spawns you in with an M4. It won't give you the sniper until you hit the start button again and re-perform the sniper selection. I haven't noticed this until the last update. Another public game bug (maybe it affects private as well) is the game chat VOIP; sometimes I can hear other players then a game or two later people can hear me and i can't hear them and vice versa. For private lobbies i I would request being able to change game modes with maps. For instance playing CTF on Hospital instead of VIP or VIP on a map like springstreet. Or related to this, being able to play private lobbies with respawns, to practice with other players and do 1v1s. ALSO, at the moment upon joining a private lobby hosted by another player; we have the ability to invite friends. However in a public match party, only the host can invite players. This is a bottle neck where the host usually has to add the unknown player or add him to a party chat to get him an invite. If we can invite to private matches, we would expect the same function for public parties. ONE MORE THING can we have a button for turning off auto-mantle?
    DunnQ wrote: »
    There's currently a bug when selecting the sniper in public matches; if you select it and hit 'circle' sometimes it spawns you in with an M4. It won't give you the sniper until you hit the start button again and re-perform the sniper selection. I haven't noticed this until the last update.

If two players attempt to change to sniper at the same time, the server may reject your request.

Another public game bug (maybe it affects private as well) is the game chat VOIP; sometimes I can hear other players then a game or two later people can hear me and i can't hear them and vice versa.

We have plans in the system to upgrade the voip we are using on PS4, but no timeline for it as of now.

For private lobbies i I would request being able to change game modes with maps. For instance playing CTF on Hospital instead of VIP or VIP on a map like springstreet.

Game mode is attached to the map, so we would need to include those other maps. This is a possibility for future updates.

Or related to this, being able to play private lobbies with respawns, to practice with other players and do 1v1s.

There are no plans to include a respawn game mode.

ALSO, at the moment upon joining a private lobby hosted by another player; we have the ability to invite friends. However in a public match party, only the host can invite players. This is a bottle neck where the host usually has to add the unknown player or add him to a party chat to get him an invite. If we can invite to private matches, we would expect the same function for public parties.

At its core, the private lobby is an unreal engine 3 party. We lack some functionality from newer game engines that would have allowed us to do it differently. This is why invites are confusing when compared to other games. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of options short of completely re-engineering systems to change it.

Only the part host can invite players. Invites only occur in the main menu for general matchmaking purposes, and in the private lobby for private games. If you have an invite, you can join that party pretty much whenever, except when the party host is in a loading state.

Not sure all of that is answered, but if you want to break it down some more I will follow up.

ONE MORE THING can we have a button for turning off auto-mantle?
    There is no auto mantle? You have to press jump.
    for AUTO MANTLE, all im asking is a feature to have it on or off. ON would leave the game as is, off would require you to either double tap X to climb an object or have an icon to jump. There's been too many encounters where I'm using a ledge for cover or box (even the bomb site on crossfire it's happened) where I'm trying to just simply JUMP away from a ledge or to the side of it during a gun fight. Several times my player decides to casually climb aboard the object and I die looking silly.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 575Player
    for AUTO MANTLE, all im asking is a feature to have it on or off. ON would leave the game as is, off would require you to either double tap X to climb an object or have an icon to jump. There's been too many encounters where I'm using a ledge for cover or box (even the bomb site on crossfire it's happened) where I'm trying to just simply JUMP away from a ledge or to the side of it during a gun fight. Several times my player decides to casually climb aboard the object and I die looking silly.

This has been a problem for the entire existence of the game, getting "sucked into" various objects for vaults.

I'm not sure what the best solution is. Separate bind? Double tap jump? Reduce the "vaulting" radius, for lack of a better term, so you have to be closer to or facing an object to vault onto it?

This has been a problem for the entire existence of the game, getting "sucked into" various objects for vaults.

I'm not sure what the best solution is. Separate bind? Double tap jump? Reduce the "vaulting" radius, for lack of a better term, so you have to be closer to or facing an object to vault onto it?

IDEA: you have to hold X or JUMP to vault/climb and to simply hop or jump you can just tap it.