Issues that need to be addressed ASAHP

LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player
edited October 2018 in PS4
On PS4, there are some glaring issues which threaten to basically kill the game. These bugs and glitches only serve as an inconvenience and annoyance to players such as myself. Key issues include:

1. Empty Server Hosting.
2. Uneven Sides
3. Global Chat/Enemy Chatting during rounds [bug]
4. False Tips/Hints
5. Camo Unlocks
6. Empty Clip Bug

(DETAILS)

1. The game will search for matches/lobbies based on Ping, starting from lowest to highest. First it searches for Active Dedicated Servers, then it searches for Empty Dedicated Servers, and finally it searches for P2P Servers before finally moving on to the higher ping range where it then repeats the process. The problem is that when looking for an empty server, it essentially makes the player the host of the server and gathers players to put in the server until there is enough to start a match. This almost never happens and when it doesn't, instead of moving onto to searching for P2P servers the game will/may start back looking for Active Servers of the same ping. It'd be much easier to show what all goes on, so I'll probably do a vid on this later.
2. Self-explanatory: The game will make uneven teams. I have reason to believe its do to some late party sorting after teams are already balanced, though I'm not sure of the exact cause.
3. There is a bug in which its possible for a person from another team to communicate with people on a different team.
4. There are statements/informational tips on the game loading screens which is false/non-applicable to the PS4: The one's which I've noticed include: Leaning, and Retrieving spare rounds from team-mates.
5. Some Camos will not unlock, despite Weapon mastery.
6. (Unconfirmed). There may be a bug which resets a players clip size to 0 or 1. I believe I've encountered it shortly after attempting to reload (already having 7+ rounds in the clip), though I'm unsure.
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    If you submit them (individually) here they'll get imported into our issue tracking software -- https://www.americasarmy.com/support/bug

o:)
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    On PS4, there are some glaring issues which threaten to basically kill the game. These bugs and glitches only serve as an inconvenience and annoyance to players such as myself. Key issues include:

1. Empty Server Hosting.
    2. Uneven Sides
    4. False Tips/Hints
    5. Camo Unlocks
    6. Empty Clip Bug? (Unconfirmed)

(DETAILS)

1. The game will search for matches/lobbies based on Ping, starting from lowest to highest. First it searches for Active Dedicated Servers, then it searches for Empty Dedicated Servers, and finally it searches for P2P Servers before finally moving on to the higher ping range where it then repeats the process. The problem is that when looking for an empty server, it essentially makes the player the host of the server and gathers players to put in the server until there is enough to start a match. This almost never happens and when it doesn't, instead of moving onto to searching for P2P servers the game will/may start back looking for Active Servers of the same ping. It'd be much easier to show what all goes on, so I'll probably do a vid on this later.
    2. Self-explanatory: The game will make uneven teams. I have reason to believe its do to some late party sorting after teams are already balanced, though I'm not sure of the exact cause.
    3. There is a bug in which its possible for a person from another team to communicate with people on a different team.
    4. There are statements/informational tips on the game loading screens which is false/non-applicable to the PS4: The one's which I've noticed include: Leaning, and Retrieving spare rounds from team-mates.
    5. Some Camos will not unlock, despite Weapon mastery.
    6. (Unconfirmed). There may be a bug which resets a players clip size to 0 or 1. I believe I've encountered it shortly after attempting to reload (already having 7+ rounds in the clip), though I'm unsure.

2. So it's just creating uneven teams by adding an entire party to one team? Does it remain that way all match, or just the first round? I could maybe understand if it's just one round. (PC doesn't have the party system, so we're auto-balanced as we join teams and between rounds. The only way the difference in players between teams will be greater than one is if someone leaves after the auto-balancing happens.) What happens if each team has 7 players and two players from Team A leave during round 1? Does it stay 5v7 or balance to 6v6? How big of a party are you allowed to make? If there's a party of 6 and only 4 other players in the game, I think it should break up the party for that match in the interest of balancing teams. Auto-balancing prior to each round, if not already done, could help as well. This is assuming I'm understanding the problem correctly.

4. I would hope that it's a simple matter to remove tip screens that don't apply to PS4 or are outdated. Leaning, as I understand it, isn't an option on PS4. Grabbing ammo from teammates has been gone since open beta (I believe it was removed in advance of weapon pickups). Being able to "secure" the dropped C4 was removed in open beta as well because it's horrible game play.

6. Without seeing exactly what you're talking about, I'd say it may not be a bug. If your reload is interrupted, whether by bandaging or a weapon swap, for example, your weapon will only have 1 bullet (0 if it was completely empty prior to the reload) as there's no magazine in the weapon according to the game.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 49Player
    I see the uneven teams thing almost every time that I play. I do not think it comes from the parties, as I have been in parties and it does not force the same team. What I have seen is the game will load with them being even, then last second change a few players to the other side. (right when you can pick your weapon load out.) The teams will stay uneven until more players join. The only time I have seen the server auto configure the teams is when the entire other team leaves.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    I see the uneven teams thing almost every time that I play. I do not think it comes from the parties, as I have been in parties and it does not force the same team. What I have seen is the game will load with them being even, then last second change a few players to the other side. (right when you can pick your weapon load out.) The teams will stay uneven until more players join. The only time I have seen the server auto configure the teams is when the entire other team leaves.

Interesting -- that's good detective-work, thank you
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
    edited October 2018
    It's fine the way it is.

People have different skill levels. Those that choose to play without a headset are at a disadvantage in regards to situational awareness. Get a headset, increase your controller sensitivity, learn to play defensively, especially when that's your map side. It's impossible to have even teams and I don't want to play with people who don't use headsets, give Intel or attempt to work with team mates.

That last second change you were talking about is people in the same parties getting into their teammates team as the round begins. Nothing to do with the teams being uneven.

It's fine the way it is.

People have different skill levels. Those that choose to play without a headset are at a disadvantage in regards to situational awareness. Get a headset, increase your controller sensitivity, learn to play defensively, especially when that's your map side. It's impossible to have even teams and I don't want to play with people who don't use headsets, give Intel or attempt to work with team mates.

That last second change you were talking about is people in the same parties getting into their teammates team as the round begins. Nothing to do with the teams being uneven.

If the teams are numerically uneven beyond a one person difference, that's a problem. Obviously 6v5 is fine, 6v4 is not. Unless I'm misunderstanding the issue.

To me being in the same party should guarantee you're in the same match with every effort made to be on the same team. Or set up a server browser and let people join teams with autobalance on just like PC.
    edited October 2018
    I agree. Can't expect perfection when it comes to making equal teams though. I leave rooms all the time when people have no mics. Definitely need some tweaks so partys are on same team always.

There is better issues to focus on.

Eg. Ping.

Would be nice to play with east coast friends on east coast servers from west coast and not have bullet lag.
    I agree. Can't expect perfection when it comes to making equal teams though. I leave rooms all the time when people have no mics. Definitely need some tweaks so partys are on same team always.

There is better issues to focus on.

Eg. Ping.

Would be nice to play with east coast friends on east coast servers from west coast and not have bullet lag.

I don't expect perfection, but every round should be played with the teams no more than one player apart in player count, unless, as I stated before, someone leaves just before a round starts or after it starts.

I think that numerically balanced teams, with the server auto-balancing prior to each round, is the most important thing. Make every effort to keep parties together, but not if it means numerically imbalanced teams.

I think if there were a way to incorporate the PC system, that would be best. That way people could join an existing match that friends are in and join whichever team has room.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I just find it interesting that he things these few issues will "kill the game":

4. False Tips/Hints
    5. Camo Unlocks

But something major like sluggish movement and overwhelming suppression won't .. even tho they did (PC)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited October 2018
    Player skill is an issue more than uneven number of players on a team. I'm sick of playing with crouch walking privates who have zero situational awareness or mics to give Intel. There needs to be some way to allow people to play with similar skilled people.

Dedicated servers can not come quick enough.

Some improvements are needed to keep partys together in public lobby's also.
    Player skill is an issue more than uneven number of players on a team. I'm sick of playing with crouch walking privates who have zero situational awareness or mics to give Intel. There needs to be some way to allow people to play with similar skilled people.

Although a typical matchmaking system would be very hard without a good number of people actually playing the game, however you could use skilled ranks simply for balancing servers, so still keep players of all ranks, just again.. ballance!

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player
    edited October 2018

Well... I can sorta agree with that but ultimately that's something the Devs can't fix. It's up to the player in question to get better and more skilled.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I just find it interesting that he things these few issues will "kill the game":

4. False Tips/Hints
    5. Camo Unlocks

But something major like sluggish movement and overwhelming suppression won't .. even tho they did (PC)

They're already killing it tbh... Fixing these issues will make the game feel more smooth. I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

P0asKE2.jpg
    edited October 2018
    Ideally i would prefer to be able to play in rooms full of smart tactical players only. If only there was a way to make public lobby search options eg.like over 1.50KD or something like that. Rank is irrelevant. The privates are driving me mad.

I can deal with anything else the game throws at me. Game is near perfect.
    Ideally i would prefer to be able to play in rooms full of smart tactical players only. If only there was a way to make public lobby search options eg.like over 1.50KD or something like that. Rank is irrelevant. The privates are driving me mad.

Actually, when you think about it... Your K/D would most likely drop as you played against people near your skill level. I highly doubt you'll go 14-2 or 31-5 against fellow pros/skilled players. So in that case sorting matches by K/D might not work as intended, and people might even purposely get killed a lot simply so that they could find easy matches.

I wouldn't mind teams being sorted by K/D or rank though.

P0asKE2.jpg
    edited October 2018
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

Actually, when you think about it... Your K/D would most likely drop as you played against people near your skill level. I highly doubt you'll go 14-2 or 31-5 against fellow pros/skilled players. So in that case sorting matches by K/D might not work as intended, and people might even purposely get killed a lot simply so that they could find easy matches.

I wouldn't mind teams being sorted by K/D or rank though.

I agree. I'm just getting such a soar back, carrying noobs sucks. Would be amazing to play with s full squad of smart people who can play the game the way it was intended. Noobs are ruining the game for me!!!
    . Noobs are ruining the game for me!!!

LoL.. Agreed.. We need a feature to get rid of newbs :awesome:

• jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 49Player
    . Noobs are ruining the game for me!!!

LoL.. Agreed.. We need a feature to get rid of newbs :awesome:

Everyone was a newbie once.
    edited October 2018
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

P0asKE2.jpg

It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.