Private servers situation...

-pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 738Player
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
I wonder what is possible to do about private servers in terms of what kind of "freedoom" does the server admin have.
This because I am tired of getting kicked for no viable reason and it gets annoying, really annoying.
Getting kicked for "hacking" when I am 100% not, its not a viable reason,;
Getting kicked for being idle when I am playing a live round, its not a viable reason;
Getting kicked with no warnings also...

Just like griefing a player on a official server is against the rules, griefing a player on a private server should be against the rules. And those badadmins should all be punished for it.

The game is lacking of popularity, and people doing this is ruining the rest of the game experience - also when there are no official servers populated where am I going to play when I am banned on half of the servers?
All I do is play the game like everyone else, I shouldn't be punished for being better than the average player. Really upset.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.

Comments

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 311Player
    Eh... I'm not sure if there's much you can do. Private servers are just that: private. They're owned by other players and the owners of those servers can do whatever they wish. I recommend playing on Official Public servers if you don't want to be kicked.
    Then again -- I'm not sure of the situation on PC. I checked out all the servers and there's a lot of empty ones.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 738Player
    I am pretty sure I wrote in english. Or its not english or you didn't read everything...

• COKECOLACOKECOLA Posts: 31Player
    Be honest they can do what they want because they paid for server.
    Maybe you're just handsome than them this is why they kicked you.
    :p
    COKECOLA wrote: »
    Be honest they can do what they want because they paid for server.
    Maybe you're just handsome than them this is why they kicked you.
    :p

And you agree with that? That they should be able to do whatever they want? They "rent" a server.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 620Player
    Never see you on mine :P
    AAPG is good!
  • COKECOLACOKECOLA Posts: 31Player
    I am not agree but seems no way can do.
    I been reported team kill before then Pat told me that was happened in private server.
    Seems Devs only will ban hacker in private server.
    Maybe you can play another half of the servers ? or official server is always welcome.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 636Player
    edited September 2018
    I remember back in Open Beta, there was a server that quickly developed a reputation for banning people who played well. I could be wrong, but I believe there was mention of them losing their server authentication, which would mean none of the points or stats would count for people playing on it. Sort of like non-Honor servers in AA2.

I agree with you that "my server, my rules, PERIOD" is crap and there should be limits to that. Servers that ban alleged "bunny hopping," although not actually possible to do in AAPG, are one thing that comes to mind. An admin shouldn't be able to kick someone for using a basic game function.

With the current state of the game on PC, with its low player counts and low amount of servers to choose from, admins shouldn't be banning people simply for playing well. The problem is where you draw the line. It's one thing if it's seemingly a server policy, but how do you address it if it's a rare thing? Even if it's a regular occurrence on a server, how do you police it? What kind of warning system is there? What kind of punishments are there (suspensions of admin player account, suspensions of server auth, etc)? What's to stop an admin from playing on a different account, or, in extreme cases, registering a new server?

TL;DR
    Ultimately, I agree with you. I just don't know how it could realistically be enforced. "My server, my rules, PERIOD" is nonsense. The Army should have a say when points count towards official stats.

EDIT: Yes, I realize that people don't need to register their servers any more, but I'm assuming the Army still has the ability to remove authorization from a server, if needed.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 185Player
    Natural Selection 101:
    - Private Server with Bad Rules and/or Bad Admins will die out.
    - Private Server with Good Rules and/or Good Admins will survive becoming more popular.
    35d2uec.png
    edited September 2018
    I am pretty sure I wrote in english. Or its not english or you didn't read everything...

I read everything and my response remains unchanged. Seems like the only solution to your problem I see is removing an admin's ability to kick players out... Not like that's going to happen anytime soon

And to incorporate a system which would only allow players to be kicked out under certain circumstances is also quite unlikely to happen.

I guess another option would be rallying with other players and boycotting the server or migrating to a different server. Of/c I'm not sure if that's likely to happen either.

P0asKE2.jpg
  • PapaBear=VX9=PapaBear=VX9= Posts: 2Player
    As a former server admin, I will flat out say that removing the ability for the server operator to kick someone would be just ripe for abuse by people who get their jollies from ruining a server. And there are far more of those types of people than there are badmins. I agree with some of the other posters: Natural Selection will resolve the problem. It really doesn't matter what game I've played; a poorly managed server always develops a reputation. The problem solves itself.

And if they kick you for cheating but that cheating accusation doesn't get reported or validated anywhere, then it really doesn't matter. Just move on to a different server. These people may not have to pay for a server any more, but it's still a bit of effort to set the server up and keep it running for other players. I think "Their Server = Their Rules" is fair. And if they have poor rules, they'll have a small player base. If you don't like a server's rules and you can't find another server to go to, it doesn't cost a lot to set up your own server where you get to build your own player base and make them follow whatever rules you want them to follow.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 670Administrator
    I agree with you that there are some bad server admins to clans. However please keep in mind that just because you might be getting banned there are still ways for a server admin to get in trouble. However this only comes in when a admin of a server is being abusive. Also without proper evidence of how the event led up to the abuse then it would be almost useless.

Players that do own server are not really under a Code to be able to host a server that they pay for or set up themselves. There for a private server has the right to set up rules they choose as long as they are not trying to encourage the download and use of out side software to modify, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer the Software.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some of these badmins are just kids or new eager admins or players that do not understand the mechanics of the game well enough to tell the difference about spectate cams and demorec or just skillful or comp players when they see them.

As well as (because I have been in a couple clans that have done this and I'm not impressed) some clans will ban a player just because a few members or regular players in the server do nothing but complain the whole time a specific player is in the server, so in trying to defuse the situation and make 40% of the players happy in the server (the other 40% just don't care or say anything and 20% agree with you & defend you) they will ban you as to not have to be on edge.

Then we come to ACI, PB and GGC. Many admins will ban a player that plays well because 24 guys in the server says her that guy has a banned linked account threw ACI. Well in that case if you are banned do to this then it would be my option that you should get in touch with the admins to ACI, PB or GGC and have them confirm to you that you are or are not linked to a banned account. Then after doing so you can return to the private server's website or email with the details and facts.

To my conclusion, I agree with you on what your saying. But if your are being abused then you the evidence of how the moment lead up to the abuse to get the badmin in trouble. But as for the private servers They have the right to pick who they want to play with in their server since the Devs do not require any agreement and quality to be met. For the most part I would say about 95% of the time I play now a days there is a U.S. server active. But if not then I suggest to host one and invite your friends to play with you.
    edited September 2018
    I am not speaking just by myself, however I am exposing my situation so everyone in here understand how annoying it is.

@Gorilla, Some admins go with the ACI excuse publicly on the server so they gain more support from all the players that are currently playing there. Even though I am 100% clean in ACI, PB and everything else, even if I provide proof that I am clean to their clueless admins, it won't change everything.
    Also, trying to dialogue with the server admins is a waste of time. You can't explain someone one thing they can't understand, I tried but eventually it becomes an insult fest.
    I apreciate the suggestion though.

@everyone, Obviously I won't insist in joinning the same server if I got banned or kicked. But a player like me, that has been playing since day one, that has built some type of reputation throught out this time, allowed the community itself to create sometype of legacy in my name (lol) - I know its ridiculous but thats what happened.
    If you look now at the PC servers you will mostly see inneronly, obviously if you only play inneronly servers you will meet their admins, the most frequent players there etc. So, after a while, every inneronly player will know mostly everyone of the 'inneronly community'. And thats how it begins. One admin bans me in one inneronly server, talks with another admin of another server... etc etc.
    Now I am banned on most of EU servers, some of those I didn't even play a single round there.

This to say, that even if I wanted to switch servers - ignore the fact I have been banned with no good reason - I just can't.
    I spend 90% of my time in official servers, but sometimes they're empty, and thats when I try to join a private server.

I could try to have my own server - again. But like last time, if I play with my clan, or friends, we will steamroll everyone that joins, and nobody likes to get steamrolled, so most of the time the server would be empty.

I apreciate the recommendations of everyone, I am just upset this happens when its totally unfair for me and the other in similiar situations. We just want to play the game...

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,089Player
    The problem right now is that, let's be honest, there aren't a ton of populated servers. If there were hundreds/thousands of servers available to play in, then if an admin sucks you go elsewhere.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    Arkeiro joins the server. Oh no! Now i have to actually play the game.

Better ban him instead.
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    The problem right now is that, let's be honest, there aren't a ton of populated servers. If there were hundreds/thousands of servers available to play in, then if an admin sucks you go elsewhere.

In few words thats the situation, I am just wondering if its possible to do something about the private servers to combat the lack server choice.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,178Player
    Believe me.. you don't even have to be a comp level player to get banned from private servers, at least from my past experiences :lol:

Just having a few good rounds is enough for some people to give yer the ol' boot.
    Drawn wrote: »
    Arkeiro joins the server. Oh no! Now i have to actually play the game.

Better ban him instead.

That's it.. the problem exactly. It's entirely possible to be too good for people to comprehend and combat in a normal fashion, it is usually excused by the offenders stating that "wrecking pubs" ruins not only their fun but others in the server playing too.

It'd be a valid argument in some respects and I can sympathize to a certain degree, I mean losing does suck and being beat on game after game aint gonna be pleasant for anyone.. however why not step up to the challenge, use that anger to try to be better yourself? myself.. I love being up against it, it's how i prefer to play.

We could go even deeper but whatever, no point really.. in the end it's simply alienating and punishing a good player for simply being too good and of course that itself sucks.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

To be honest and without trying to flame anyone... Sometimes you should also reflect your own attitude. I know a lot of really well playing people that doesn't have this problem. I mean, if you join a server and you own them all but you start to provide bad mood the second you lost a fight or two and quit... People will remember that. Noone likes kill farmer. Give and take, don't get too rude. Doesn't help with all badmins but its a start.
    AAPG is good!
    edited September 2018
    Flatlander wrote: »
    To be honest and without trying to flame anyone... Sometimes you should also reflect your own attitude. I know a lot of really well playing people that doesn't have this problem. I mean, if you join a server and you own them all but you start to provide bad mood the second you lost a fight or two and quit... People will remember that. Noone likes kill farmer. Give and take, don't get too rude. Doesn't help with all badmins but its a start.

If I ever do rude comments is answering back.
    If you attack me with weird assumptions I am free to answer back.

I would love to actually see proof of me doing this.

By your own words I don't play on your server, and I don't even know which server it is, however you are already assuming that I am rude to the admins without even playing with me. That's the attitude that they make and ban me for no reason. Ridiculous.

I think this has some truth in it. No one likes a troll, especially if they're killing everybody and talking crap - so perhaps attitude has something to do with some of the reasons why admins may kick people.
    Also, it might be wise to tone it down some when playing on private servers. Let your team mates fend for themselves and establish your own area of the map to patrol. That way you don't take any kills.

I know this sucks, but obviously its best to keep a low profile on Private servers, especially if you know you risk being kicked if you play very well. I can relate to this problem, as in BF3 and BF4 admins tend to kick folks out for not following their rules or killing em.

P0asKE2.jpg

If I ever do rude comments is answering back.
    If you attack me with weird assumptions I am free to answer back.

I would love to actually see proof of me doing this.

By your own words I don't play on your server, and I don't even know which server it is, however you are already assuming that I am rude to the admins without even playing with me. That's the attitude that they make and ban me for no reason. Ridiculous.

Believe it or not, i expected your reply exactly as it is now. Which is sad. I assume nothing. I played with you. I saw your disconnects if your team is losing. You know my server. You played on it and you know this quote was meant as a funpost. IF my attitude is leading to all this problems(lol),logic would say you are banned on my sever. Which you are not,hehe.

Talking about ridiculous,cmon man. Just lets end this shitthread with : You're right. You're too good. No place for you to play buhuhu. Not your fault, world is mean to you for no reason.
    AAPG is good!
This discussion has been closed.