Comp Mode OT posts

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
This discussion was created from comments split from: Comp Mode (we need your input again).
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Actually some big maps on AA2 were also decent for competition sometimes. Size doesnt always matter. Except for recon, nobody liked recon.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    SSKbart wrote: »
    .., nobody liked recon.
    I resent that!!

ss_4_frankof.png
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Except for recon, nobody liked recon.

Liar. I did.
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    Worst match in my life was on recon

10 min x 12 round = crawling for 2 hours

I still don't know how I manage to don't fall asleep
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Only Recon match I played was in the 6v6 ladder. We just sprinted until we saw someone. Was a lot of fun. Flying V type stuff.

The shadow command needs to be unlocked, I get not wanting to remove them from the game but they have no business being in comp with how exploitable they are.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    Another idea. Like in AA2, when you get flashed, your screens moves a bit to random direction.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I agree, it would solve the problem with ppl blind shooting cos they hold the direction and spam or getting away because they can move away knowing the map position very well.
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    That's just skill. Some people can't aim when they are flashed. Too bad.

Better suggestion, do the flashes like some other games. You only get flashed when you look at the grenade itself, if you turn around you won't get flashed.
    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Why are you able to hear footsteps while flashed? That's the biggest issue IMO.
    Sure its skill to be able shoot straight or move away to a direction if you know the map well, but its not so realistic IMO.. AA2 was better with flashes.. A person would lose its orientation sense completely as it would be with army flashes IRL (please lets not start a side discussion how realistic this game is.. i know i know its a simple computer game)
    But I used play aa2 instead of cod or some other bs fps game, cos its felt realy, more immersive during the game.

If you turn around and do not get flashed at all, this makes the flash even less useless.. so do you want them to be removed from the game?

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    SSKoVie wrote: »

Better suggestion, do the flashes like some other games. You only get flashed when you look at the grenade itself, if you turn around you won't get flashed.

I don't like that idea of flash at all.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    Sure its skill to be able shoot straight or move away to a direction if you know the map well, but its not so realistic IMO.. AA2 was better with flashes.. A person would lose its orientation sense completely as it would be with army flashes IRL (please lets not start a side discussion how realistic this game is.. i know i know its a simple computer game)
    But I used play aa2 instead of cod or some other bs fps game, cos its felt realy, more immersive during the game.

If you turn around and do not get flashed at all, this makes the flash even less useless.. so do you want them to be removed from the game?

I think the approach was to reward people for throwing good (cooked) flashes instead of rewarding the mindless throws.
    but does it reward people for throwing good flashes?
    It sure pushes ppl to throw better cooked flashes to be able to flash, but I think it only rewards the player who is about to get flashed.

I don't know, do you think its a hard skill to require how to turn away from a flash. I would guess all would do it without any problems.

I never seen in game nor could reproduce the bug, but heard of tabbing out of flash quickly.. could be an urban myth though.. :)

That mechanic exists in csgo and it's working very well I'd say. If the flash is timed perfectly you can't turn away, if not you can.

As it is right now in aapg it feels like turning away doesn't matter even though it reduces the flash effect. Even a little tweaking on those numbers would make it better.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    Current flashes don't even give you the time to turn the corner and kill the guy you just flashed.
    Oh well.
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player

CS:GO strikes again while players slowly abandon AA. I do like how they do flashes though. The flash for getting hit dead on has a lot more impact than AA, but you can avoid that if you're quick.
    Necabo wrote: »
    Why are you able to hear footsteps while flashed? That's the biggest issue IMO.
    Because that's just how it is. Adapt young friend.

Gun doesn't move, and can hear footsteps.
    P1: Aimed at doorway
    P2: Throws flash into door
    P1: Already scoped in on door, just listens for footsteps
    P2: rekt because P1 easily shot him while flashed.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
    `xinoN wrote: »
    Current flashes don't even give you the time to turn the corner and kill the guy you just flashed.

This.

Also, 'bad' flashes get rewarded now. Every n00b can kill me while they might not even deserve it. Like Necabo (lol) said, in CSGO it works very well because you have to time it properly.

1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
    edited June 2015
    actually as it is

This.

Also, 'bad' flashes get rewarded now. Every n00b can kill me while they might not even deserve it. Like Necabo (lol) said, in CSGO it works very well because you have to time it properly.

I dont understand, you say flashes are too easy, but the guy you quoted says current flash effect is to short.. or am I missing his point?

I also think its ridiculous that you can flash someone, and if he was aiming at your entry point he can easily kill you by listening to your footstep and pressing fire blindly.
    This would be also the case if you timed your flash as suggested by Necabo(also lol) so in either case only the flashed player is rewarded by having inefficient flash effect.

I agree with 1xti3xdi.. the flash effect was much better in aa2 and there were also a lot less ppl raging by getting flashed or getting killed by flashed players.

Of course this could be map issue. :wink:

actually as it is

This.

I dont understand, you say flashes are too easy, but the guy you quoted says current flash effect is to short.. or am I missing his point?

I also think its ridiculous that you can flash someone, and if he was aiming at your entry point he can easily kill you by listening to your footstep and pressing fire blindly.
    This would be also the case if you timed your flash as suggested by Necabo(also lol) so in either case only the flashed player is rewarded by having inefficient flash effect.

I agree with 1xti3xdi.. the flash effect was much better in aa2 and there were also a lot less ppl raging by getting flashed or getting killed by flashed players.

Of course this could be map issue. :wink:

Being too easy and being too short are not the same thing. Yes, they are too easy because not looking at em, [TOS Violation], even being somewhere close to it will get you flashed (including team flashes -> could be fun tactics with the system Necabo (triple lol) explained).
    - And yes, they are too short. Sometimes you need to run too far to get maximum effect out of a flash. On the other hand you could say you need to throw better flashes.

Can't argue on the AA2 flashes. Barely played the game.

1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    edited June 2015
    Flashes are very random I think, I can never tell if my flash has had any effect on the person it was aimed for. Alternately if I get flashed 99% of the time I can't see a thing :lol:

Sometimes they have a hand over their face as though they are flashed but obviously still can see well enough to kill me, even if I wasn’t seen by the person before I threw it, when listening for his location.

It same with grenades, sometimes one can blow up right next to a person but an object they were standing or crouched next to, has somehow stopped them from taking any damage.

I wonder how they can last so long in beta without being fixed, so I don't think its something they intend to change, for what ever reasons, engine limitations or simply just how it works, otherwise logic would dictate it would have been done already.