Idea for a new map

I think many AAPG players came from America's Army: Special Forces (AA2)
I myself never played AA2 as I first found out about AA in early 2016. However I watched many videos on YouTube about AA2, and one map in particular that caught my eye was Pipeline, and I've played it in AAPG as well, and I got to say, I love it. And also the devs remastered maps like Insurgent Camp and Sandstorm, so why can't they Pipeline? Seems like a cool map and a fan favorite, so why not remaster it and make it an official map?

Best Regards, SiNsOfThEDeViL

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam

Comments

• aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    You are not alone, #pipeline is a thing. I have a UMM version, and map devs need time to optimize, playtest, and all that jazz. I am leading the charge here to remaster Pipeline personally.

I'm also working toward getting ALL the maps currently on PC over to PS4, but we have the same kinds of issues -- optimizations, etc. It isn't a trivial amount of dev time to convert a map to PS4. Unfortunately.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 637Player
    I've played a UMM version of Pipeline.

Unfortunately, without the same weapons, it doesn't play nearly as well.

Other things missing include:
    • Spawn points scaling with player counts (Squad Leader and A team spawned Main CP, B team 1st Floor Main Pump, C team North Pump & Vent Access)
    • Fully functional doors. Door play was a big part of Pipeline.
    • As mentioned, weapon load outs. The absence of the M203 is most obvious. M16 vs. M4 isn't too significant, in my eyes, but the zoom optics in AAPG are.

It was a while back that I played it, so I may be leaving something out. That's not to suggest I wouldn't like to see an official version, but I'm worried it won't be as much fun. This is coming from someone who probably played 70% Pipeline in AA2.
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
    Yup, I played UMM version of Pipeline as well. I just think the devs should make it the official map of AAPG.

Steam
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    You are not alone, #pipeline is a thing. I have a UMM version, and map devs need time to optimize, playtest, and all that jazz. I am leading the charge here to remaster Pipeline personally.

Thats really awesome :awesome:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    edited October 2018
    Btw, I was playing pipeline last night and IMO, the map desperately misses the grenade launcher. I recall the last round on defense my team lost a couple of rounds so we decided to have just about everyone stay in the main pump/control room. It was a massacre. We completely dominated the other team. Without the grenade launcher, a well organized team can make it almost impossible to take primary/CP.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Btw, I was playing pipeline last night and IMO, the map desperately misses the grenade launcher. I recall the last round on defense my team lost a couple of rounds so we decided to have just about everyone stay in the main pump/control room. It was a massacre. We completely dominated the other team. Without the grenade launcher, a well organized team can make it almost impossible to take primary/CP.

Got to say, nade launchers would be pretty cool in AAPG, maybe it would ruin more the competitive feel of the game but still, it would be cool.

Steam
    Starting a new hashtag called #bringbackpipeline

Steam
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 186Player
    M203 coming online?
    35d2uec.png
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer

#pipeline is already a thing lol
    edited October 2018

#pipeline is already a thing lol

[mod edit]

Steam
    M203 coming online?

I mentioned it in my other thread
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/7734/idea-for-some-new-guns

Steam