FLO_OldTown_C4

Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,914Player
edited September 12 in Mission Editor
This is pretty much my map from two years ago (called Old Valley). I've spruced it up a bit, made it a night map, and some other stuff.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1510730447

You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,158Player
    Looks good.. well done :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,914Player
    edited September 14
    Of course my question is how can I get it on a server to play it? =)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,252Beta Tester
    We played it on 101st tonight, Whip. That was fun!!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,767Player
    Looks good, I think we ran around that map a few years back, an early render of it anyway. But looks well though of, bomb locations good use of lighting so even tho its night visibility is still pretty clear, maybe one or two dark areas, no biggie. Could be good obviously depending on game play, but nothing a few tweaks wouldn't change, if anything.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited September 24
    Here's an updated overhead. A few days ago I added an extra path for assault to attack the middle through the cafe. I also made it easier to swing around from the middle to the east side of the map by creating a path in the area behind the church (previously you would have to go all the way back to the green line) and I added a path around one of the houses for a the short rush to Y since the path that I had is very susceptible to grenade spam.

The one other thing I may do is make a ladder to get up to the bar since having to climb up all of those boxes gets kind of annoying.
    68jv.jpg

Looks like I messed up the image a bit, the yellow box should actually push out another half inch to the left and up about 1/8 of an inch.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,767Player
    Good that the yellow box gets pushed out an inch, cause that gives bomb planting dude at Z somewhere to pull back after planting instead of only moving forward.

Overall passage ways look good, multiple site entrances, good flank routes etc.

Only concern is the size of middle, really not much there, its either a Y play or a Z play I feel like there should be more middle map to win over but could still possibly work.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Yeah, I do feel that middle is a little weak, but I do think that the cafe can be a pretty powerful spot to hold just because if the assault team takes it they can have easy access to the area overlooking Y, plus the whole eastern half of Z.

I'd certainly be willing to play around with it more if you have some ideas though.
    edited September 24
    Just played a bit of the map on 101st. It played pretty evenly actually (6-5 final) and the middle with the cafe had tons of chaos to fight over, worked out pretty well. I'm not sure how it'd play out in a comp environment, but in a pub it was quite fun. It does seem that the Z objective is harder to get to, when the bomb was planted it was more at Y.
    edited October 4
    Just published an update.

1) Fixed an area by Z objective that you could exit the normal playable area because the world boundary didn't extend far enough.

2) Fixed where you could climb a balcony and get on the roofs in the middle of the map.

3) Fixed where you could climb a balcony and jump out of the playable area and not get back in on the east side of the map.

4) Added some ramps and a ladder to get up to the bar from the assault side so that it's not as annoying.
    Just published an update. I've created another small three story building in the alley area that connects to the middle path. It should hopefully do a few things:
    1) Give that alley area a bit more utility.
    2) Spread the action a bit for the middle choke
    3) Decrease a bit of the spam in the middle since people will have an extra option in the middle
    4) The top floor can overlook into the bar windows. I'm not sure how this will play out, but it may make holding this building a little more important since you can fire on the players in that area.

I'm also wondering if it would make things more interesting if it actually connected to the bar area. It would be a good path from that bar to the middle of the map for both teams.
    Created a VIP version for those who are interested:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1551387161