Error: The Map Info has not been setup correctly. Please check the Map Browser

Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,914Player
So every time I try to open up the Objective Editor, I get this error:
652f.png

Any ideas? I've tried tons of different combinations in the Map Browser and tried more or less copying what was in the official maps as well. I tried renaming the map, all sorts of stuff.
You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 609Player
    make sure you have a map screen shot , top left corner when you have the map browser open ,with all the world info correct
  • Whiplash27Whiplash27 Posts: 1,914Player
    edited September 12
    Here's what I see
    65a4.png

I've also tried changing the full package name to flo_oldtown_c4.umap and no difference. I also tried creating a blank map and just clicking the objective editor button and same thing. Loading maps that have been published has no issues though. Not sure what I'm missing.
    I figured it out. If you don't have anything in "Map Texture" you get this error. So I just had to take a screen shot, resize it to 1024x1024, save as png and import it into the map and use that as the texture.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,158Player
    On either the map or view tab (not sure off the top of my head) there is a screen capture function. Helps to fullscreen the window align your map top down then choose "align map info to current view" and "capture texture" (along those lines anyway)

Your way would work too :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,252Beta Tester
    Is this the last active game using UE3 or something? It seems more and more difficult to find mapping resources. A lot has been removed from the 'net by the look of it, in favour of UE4.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Is this the last active game using UE3 or something? It seems more and more difficult to find mapping resources. A lot has been removed from the 'net by the look of it, in favour of UE4.

I noticed the same as well. Everything I see is UE4 related now. Makes sense, I doubt that there are really any games that have active development in UE3 at this point.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 903Player
    Top left says map click it then the tab that opens click capture texture . If all well it works . If something missing in world info error appears.