24h login ban

FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
edited September 2018 in Game Support
A buddy of me clicked accidently on recent closed link in his firefox history leading to americasarmy.com.

This seems to trigger a 24 hour login ban. 3rd time this happened to him so we could track it down to the old link. Is there a fast fix or is it a known bug?

No chance he can play till tomorrow evening so it is a bit annoying.

Edit: Just send him this link and remembered that he even cannot visit any army related website for 24h... :D
AAPG is good!

Comments

• GBGangstaGBGangsta Posts: 63Developer
    First I have heard of this.

Can you get him to send me an email with the details aacm@americasarmy.com
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
    Check.
    AAPG is good!
  • tortured.autortured.au Posts: 23Beta Tester
    This generally happens when you enter the wrong password too many times in a certain timeframe or someone is trying to bruteforce your account. Usually a quick email to support gets it fixed or has done in the past for me.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 178Player
    CG-NAT from your ISP can cause this sort of issue too.
    35d2uec.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 610Player
    This generally happens when you enter the wrong password too many times in a certain timeframe or someone is trying to bruteforce your account. Usually a quick email to support gets it fixed or has done in the past for me.

Yeah, seems like this old link is sending countless requests to americasarmy.com.
    AAPG is good!
  • _Boogeyman__Boogeyman_ Posts: 3Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Yeah, seems like this old link is sending countless requests to americasarmy.com.

I think that was the problem. The devs are on it, we´ll see what they find out.
    Meanwhile i got a new token and as you see the login works again.