your game is a lag. lag and teleporting with 20 odd ping

|FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 81Player
edited August 2018 in Game Support
any info any reason why that occur? this is not only official servers its private also its the game issue.

Comments

• aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Tear dropped in there and spectated for a bit, not noticing anything out of the ordinary. Anything else you can tell us? Check your end?
  • |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 81Player
    edited August 2018
    when theres 10 ppl on ts and they all saying the same do we all have to check our end? thats about 3-4 different isp"s pol/uk. the server is csp/earlier the [TOS Violation]. thanks for looking into this..
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    Network performance should be seperate from video performance issues, correct?

So, one way to figure out what's going on ought to be to monitor the video performance using the console command...

stat unitgraph

...which graphically shows four threads of the video process, and you can clearly see when there's a spike in performance.

If it's NOT showing up, it's network.

Personally, I'm seeing freezes more than I'm seeing lag, but...I do wonder sometimes what's going on.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    hi Keebler im not bottlenecked by the gpu I quess its the server perfomance issue and thats random servers performance the game doesnt feel smooth as well after the latest update.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    How do you know? Did you use the console command I suggested?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited August 2018
    i use gpu-z to monitor and its all good with my gtx 1080. do You play on EU servers? Can You notice any latency on EU servers or is it only u.s.a servers you are talking about? The Dev has said theres a problem with the official servers but has not given any indication where the problem is all Im saying its not only official servers where this lag problem is but this is happening on the private servers too. My GPU is not the case in this scenario. Stutter is stutter and out sync teleport is not my gpu. thanks for trying to help pal
    i use gpu-z to monitor and its all good with my gtx 1080. do You play on EU servers? Can You notice any latency on EU servers or is it only u.s.a servers you are talking about? The Dev has said theres a problem with the official servers but has not given any indication where the problem is all Im saying its not only official servers where this lag problem is but this is happening on the private servers too. My GPU is not the case in this scenario. Stutter is stutter and out sync teleport is not my gpu. thanks for trying to help pal

The problems we're having are with the windows boxes. Soon they are being shut-down and/or converted to Linux servers.

Tear said nobody was complaining while he was in there. I apologize if 10 of you were and he didn't hear it.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 987Player
    If this is on private servers with user made maps . Check and note what map it happens on . Could be a map issue.
  • {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player
    hi Keebler im not bottlenecked by the gpu I quess its the server perfomance issue and thats random servers performance the game doesnt feel smooth as well after the latest update.

Keep in mind that you will always have a bottleneck even if you don't feel it..
    Bottleneck free computers are a myth from a storybook.

Tear dropped in there and spectated for a bit, not noticing anything out of the ordinary. Anything else you can tell us? Check your end?

We tested it with couple US players joining EU servers, the ping will rise real fast if there are more then 4 players with high ping. Personally I feel we should not be effected by others ping, but lately servers are doing some weird stuff.. Something is really wrong.

Keep in mind that you will always have a bottleneck even if you don't feel it..
    Bottleneck free computers are a myth from a storybook.

We tested it with couple US players joining EU servers, the ping will rise real fast if there are more then 4 players with high ping. Personally I feel we should not be effected by others ping, but lately servers are doing some weird stuff.. Something is really wrong.

I've asked the database team to look into it again. They confirmed some odd readings and are investigating. Best I can say right now!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player

lol.. this is a known issue since day 1, it was brought up many times and always denied by someone who knew how server latency worked. In the end, a few high pinging apples always brought the server down, thats just the reality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    edited August 2018
    In games where up to 12 - 24 individual players from different world locations are virtually shooting each other in a single space (server) I've always thought it's a miracle hit detection is actually so good especially when you really, really think about how hundreds of thousands of signals travel by cables/wires. I suppose you can see it as bad, or you can see it as acceptable given the circumstances. Yes, some games seem to do the whole hit detection thing seemingly better, but NONE are ever going to be perfect.

We all know it's annoying as heck to KNOW you should have got the hit.. what's important to know is it's not only you it's happening to, for all you know the guy you should have killed felt he should have killed you in the same instance.

A good test would be to get 12 - 24 players a Lan environment. Lag/latency free heaven?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player
    I suppose you can see it as bad, or you can see it as acceptable given the circumstances.

I would never accept that crazy stuff.. Specially not if my ping go's from 15 to 80 if couple players join with 100 or more ping. Maybe you enjoy lagg festivals, but I sure don't.

A good test would be to get 12 - 24 players a Lan environment. Lag/latency free heaven?

No need to test that, on LAN it's like playing in heaven. With a full server running on it's own dedicated server al players had around 2/3 ping. Makes me want to go use fiber connections from now on. $$$