Change the UMM name

Ese..Ese.. Posts: 6Player
edited August 2018 in Server Support
Howdy

Is it possible to change the UMM name so it won't show like this: FLO_MOUT_McKenna$76561198013840783_TH on the server list?

Cheers
Ese.
b_560_95_1.png

Comments

• OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 97Beta Tester
    No it's not. The numbers are generated by steam when the map is uploaded into the workshop.
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • Ese..Ese.. Posts: 6Player
    OICURMT! wrote: »
    No it's not. The numbers are generated by steam when the map is uploaded into the workshop.

Thanks OICURMT!
    There are some umms with more "friendly" names. how's that?

Cheers
    Ese.
    b_560_95_1.png
    UMMs are shown on the server's list like this: flo_aa2border_th
    My server is shown: FLO_MOUT_McKenna$76561198013840783_TH.umap
    What's the difference? Anything i can do to change it?

Cheers.
    Ese.
    b_560_95_1.png
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 97Beta Tester
    SiR_Ese wrote: »

Thanks OICURMT!

Cheers
    Ese.

There is one workaround / glitch re: the numbers, but it has to be done when the map is initially uploaded. Once the number is attached, it's game over.

Not going to share the method, as I don't want it to cause havoc should more than one map be uploaded with the same name. Steam is aware of the "glitch", but have done nothing about it (yet).

OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
    SiR_Ese wrote: »

Thanks OICURMT!

Cheers
    Ese.

There is one workaround / glitch re: the numbers, but it has to be done when the map is initially uploaded. Once the number is attached, it's game over.

Not going to share the method, as I don't want it to cause havoc should more than one map be uploaded with the same name. Steam is aware of the "glitch", but have done nothing about it (yet).

OIC!

Thank OICURMT!
    I don't know or either interested in any Glitches.
    I just downloaded some other UMMs and it's shown on the server's list like this: flo_airfieldth_th.

Do you know how the names are generated into the map name of the server's list?
    Is it handled by Steam?
    I'm not sure but it seems that AA2 UMMs gets the long $23509725234.umap names.
    AA3 and other Umaps don't have it.

Cheers.
    Ese.
    b_560_95_1.png