aa not saving settings

everytime I get into aa all my settings are gone and going to default. I am running a brand new install of windows 10. it is not the upgrade. Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 106Beta Tester
    edited August 2018
    Delete the folder X:\users\UserName\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\Config

Where X is the drive letter and UserName is your account name.

If that doesn't help, then delete the entire AAPG directory in "My Games" (careful, if you have published maps, this will erase them).

OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • rdneck[hsma]rdneck[hsma] Posts: 5Player
    tried that and when I get to rebuilding shader on downloading the maps the game crashes.
    also now since I deleted all of that I can't even save the full screen mode in settings and my username and pass word will not save either. going to delete and reinstall.
    well that was a failure. even turned down the video settings. I can no longer save my user name at all video settings will not save. Please help. I have played this game since it started and love it. please don't leave a bad impression on me about this game.
  • GBGangstaGBGangsta Posts: 63Developer
    edited August 2018
    Your settings being lost are most likely a function of something stopping the game from saving to the config file. Make sure that the config files in \Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\Config are not set to read only.

found the problem there is an option in windows defender that was blocking things. It is working at this time.
  • 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 54Player
    What was the setting in Defender that you changed please? I reinstalled and know it refuses to save the settings
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
    Maybe try to reinstall the game or backup the game's files by right clicking on the game in your Steam Library>Properties>Local Files> Verify Integrity of game files

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam