AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

1697071727375»

Comments

• LeftyDextrousLeftyDextrous Posts: 0Player
    I think it would be quite interesting to have AA5 be a larger scale shooter, in the same vein as Squad or Project Reality, while still being fast-paced enough to keep new players engaged. Having a game where different squads work together in tandem to win a game would be very interesting. I've also heard that earlier versions of AA had interactive experiences, such as having to learn first aid in order to be a medic on the field. Having a game like that would be very cool. AAPG is a very small tactics game, where most of the battles take place indoors, so having large battlefields would be a new experience. This is just my two cents, and I haven't read all of the 70+ pages of discussion, but I was too excited not to say something.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited May 7
    I think it would be quite interesting to have AA5 be a larger scale shooter, in the same vein as Squad or Project Reality, while still being fast-paced enough to keep new players engaged. Having a game where different squads work together in tandem to win a game would be very interesting. I've also heard that earlier versions of AA had interactive experiences, such as having to learn first aid in order to be a medic on the field. Having a game like that would be very cool. AAPG is a very small tactics game, where most of the battles take place indoors, so having large battlefields would be a new experience. This is just my two cents, and I haven't read all of the 70+ pages of discussion, but I was too excited not to say something.

I'd personally like a bit of a mixture, although it's difficult to create a game that tries to be everything. One thing that the original America's Army did well is that it had a large variety of different map sizes. It was still based on a smaller up to 20 man squad, but you didn't have all CQC maps (even though I liked those most). Although I do remember old Battlefield games having the ability to have the huge maps with tons of players as well as squad based smaller maps. So it'd be an interesting take on America's Army.

Anyway, we haven't heard a thing about AA5 in a long time, so I wouldn't expect them ever to release it. It'd be nice to just get developer confirmation as to whether the project is dead or still being slowly worked on, but it seems like the Devs have long since abandoned this place. The Twitter and Facebook accounts only post random AAPG stuff. The Facebook account seems to get some comments which usually include someone asking about AA5, but there's never any response. Last time any of the Devs confirmed AA5's existence was something like a year ago.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!