AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

1646566676870»

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 698Player
    edited March 1
    I personally wouldn't tie US Army ranks with a ranked matchmaking "rank." Keep rank insignias as is based on experience, let the ranked portion be a separate display in the launcher. Needs to be robust though, or it'll be a bust.

There may be an unintended devaluing effect on ranks (real life). If the SSG rank in the matchmaking system is a below average player, is that the right message for an officially branded game? This guy thinks not.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,140Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't tie US Army ranks with a ranked matchmaking "rank." Keep rank insignias as is based on experience, let the ranked portion be a separate display in the launcher. Needs to be robust though, or it'll be a bust.

There may be an unintended devaluing effect on ranks (real life). If the SSG rank in the matchmaking system is a below average player, is that the right message for an officially branded game? This guy thinks not.

Theoretically you wouldn't rank up unless you're a good player. Just like in CS, you can't advance up to higher ranks without performing well. Whereas I've played with tons of high honor/ranked players in prior AA games who are below average players.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Theoretically you wouldn't rank up unless you're a good player. Just like in CS, you can't advance up to higher ranks without performing well. Whereas I've played with tons of high honor/ranked players in prior AA games who are below average players.

That's not necessarily true. You gain levels based on experience, and ranked is separate.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 341Player

Rank should be based on experience. But I think there definitely could be ways good players could show off their skills, whether it be an in-game emblems (similar to current service branch emblems), callingcards, or other cosmetics.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 758Player

Rank should be based on experience. But I think there definitely could be ways good players could show off their skills, whether it be an in-game emblems (similar to current service branch emblems), callingcards, or other cosmetics.

There is already a way to see who is a very good player, it's called being banned :glasses:
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 121Player
    To me, I still believe that AA5 needs to be as realistic as possible and not the bunny hopping one sees in AAPG. With that said, for whatever reason, the PS4 version seems to be popular....so give the PS4 crowd bunny hopping and give PC the hardcore, realistic gameplay

Avguste wrote: »
    To me, I still believe that AA5 needs to be as realistic as possible and not the bunny hopping one sees in AAPG. With that said, for whatever reason, the PS4 version seems to be popular....so give the PS4 crowd bunny hopping and give PC the hardcore, realistic gameplay

The numbers tell a different story. More popular than PC? Sure. Popular in general? No.

Game may benefit from following in CoD MWs footsteps...cross platform w/ an option to opt in/out.
    edited March 9

What's funny is the original America's Army had lots of bunny hopping until something like v2.5. There always needs to be a good balance between gameplay and realism. CSGO managed to make jumping around a worthless strategy. Implementing proper balancing mechanics makes can easily make bunny hopping worthless, even if people can do it.
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 758Player
    edited March 12

What's funny is the original America's Army had lots of bunny hopping until something like v2.5. There always needs to be a good balance between gameplay and realism. CSGO managed to make jumping around a worthless strategy. Implementing proper balancing mechanics makes can easily make bunny hopping worthless, even if people can do it.

Technically it's just hopping in AAPG, bunny hopping would mean you gain speed, jumper further and are able to do strafes. Which in this game is not possible. Also, one that have the skills sets to do this can still do it in CSGO and it's still very effective.
  • Hc|Captain(HUN)Hc|Captain(HUN) Posts: 112Player
    I have not read all the 70 pages of this topic. Simple question. Is there an AA5 developing or is this all just a speculation ?

Hc|Captain(HUN) -
    I have not read all the 70 pages of this topic. Simple question. Is there an AA5 developing or is this all just a speculation ?

Somewhere in this thread, they said they are developing something. Although they've gone completely silent since then.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 642Player
    There was a comment that Hollywood made months ago about the dev team wanting to get something out there before the end of 2020 due to political uncertainty... meaning that if anyone were to be president except for Trump military spending will probably get cut and a marketing project like a video game would probably be one of the first cuts. So who knows? Maybe we'll see something sooner rather than later.

As much as I'd like to see AA5, the continued damage from this administration isn't worth it.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 449Player
    AA5 delayed due to the Coronavirus. Everything else is cancelled or delayed. Just saying...
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 356Player
    soon™ is imune to delays.
    Oh well.