AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    Chill out its coming soon.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 681Player
    Soon. ™
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 321Player
    edited November 19
    I think soon is a subjective term. Given who's making the game -- "soon" might just be a year or two. Of/c if the Army is serious about it (which I doubt), Could be this upcoming Spring/Summer.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 552Beta Tester
    Maybe the Devs have adopted the industry-standard version of "soon". You can read about that here:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Soon
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,018Moderator
    Adopted?
    When was AA3? I thought soon™ was invented back then...
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • [DFekt].L.D.50-[DFekt].L.D.50- Posts: 17Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Adopted?
    Has it really been 10 years since AA3?? I remember being part of the program for beta back with my AMD 4800+ CPU and my EVGA 9800 video card. *shutters*
    RpylfC7.gif
    Owner/Leader - DFekt Gaming
  • WalPOW=VX9=WalPOW=VX9= Posts: 1Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Adopted?

Hey buddy. I'm sure you don't remember me, but I do remember you from the Beta program. My son and I reinstalled AA3 yesterday. Some how our accounts got swapped, I see his solders in my steam account & he sees mine. I can't wait to see what 5 has. I wish I could get into the beta for it.

• ={101st}=THROBACK1={101st}=THROBACK1 Posts: 27Player
    I've played this game off in on since V. 1.0. i first heard about it the day it was first on G4 being talked about on July 4th 2002 I think my memory right on that I'm getting old me being 33 now and that being so long ago this is the only game that has ever matter to me. that being said I've seen the game grow and seen go into the state it is in now. so whenever AA5 comes out it will bring back the community back to what it was in AA1 and AA2 I hope and DEV's and Beta's ill be praying for you all.

God Bless
    Warm Regards
    ={101st}=THROBACK1
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
    edited December 5
    I've played this game off in on since V. 1.0. i first heard about it the day it was first on G4 being talked about on July 4th 2002 I think my memory right on that I'm getting old me being 33 now and that being so long ago this is the only game that has ever matter to me. that being said I've seen the game grow and seen go into the state it is in now. so whenever AA5 comes out it will bring back the community back to what it was in AA1 and AA2 I hope and DEV's and Beta's ill be praying for you all.

God Bless
    Warm Regards
    ={101st}=THROBACK1

Speak for yourself! (is 33, 34 this month!) :p

Anyway, this thread started in August 2018. If I'm remembering correctly, I think development began in the first half of 2019. So it'd be nice to hear how things are coming along.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    nogame4u.png
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    edited December 10
    Seems like it's been cancelled with the lack of anything from the Devs. I mean, we haven't even heard a "hey, we're working on it! We'll be able to say a little more in 2020!" Nothing. That last bullet is worth noting as well... Players left years ago. AAPG came out in 2013, I was not even 30 when that happened. I'm going to be 34 soon. The players who were in their teens or early 20s in the AA2 days are now in their 30s or 40s. The player base has aged to the point that America's Army doesn't mean anything to the largest chunk of players who spend the most hours playing video games. AA5, if it ever does come out, is going to have to stand on its own merits to gain players. Sure, you'll have the curious old time AA players who will try it because of nostalgia, but it's going to take a lot to build up the word of mouth on the next one. To say it another way, the so-called built in player base that AA once had is mostly people who have more responsibilities and aren't going to sit around playing 20+ hours per week.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 446Player
    Ehhhh... If it's [TOS Violation] good I'll figure in 20 hours a week. I'm 37.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 63Developer
    V_NillaJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE to. However, comma, my lips are sealed by proxy. As soon as I'm able to share the intel, you guys are going to get it, scout's honor!

This is still holding true. I want to give you guys an update, but until I'm given a green light, I've got nothing. :|

edited December 11
    Ehhhh... If it's [TOS Violation] good I'll figure in 20 hours a week. I'm 37.

I guess it depends. My main gaming time is after the wife and baby go to bed. I guess 3 hours per day is doable, but isn't always the easiest when you have a home and family to tend to. Still a middle school, high school, or college kid can easily drop 40+ hours a week on games and play at a much more serious level than a 20 hour per week guy.
    I would LOVE to. However, comma, my lips are sealed by proxy. As soon as I'm able to share the intel, you guys are going to get it, scout's honor!

This is still holding true. I want to give you guys an update, but until I'm given a green light, I've got nothing. :|

Any chance we can have an approximation as to when that green light will be given?
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 63Developer
    I wish I knew.
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 232Player
    Now i call my friend Donald, let's see what he tells me
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 753Player
    Don't expect it to be quick if the size of the team is small... Gotta be realistic about it.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Bok!
    old players from aa2 have the right to say something!
    i still have server on aa2 (Grandma was slow but she was old!)
    aa2 is slowly shutting down and I'll probably shut down the server.
    give us aa5 but with less options for hard campers!!!

• and just one more thing? why new posts are not on the first page and not that one has to go to the last page to answer the topic?
    edited December 12
    "SF wrote:
    [-General_alkos;67843"]Bok!
    old players from aa2 have the right to say something!
    i still have server on aa2 (Grandma was slow but she was old!)
    aa2 is slowly shutting down and I'll probably shut down the server.
    give us aa5 but with less options for hard campers!!!

Most of us here are old AA2 players and sure, our input can be worthwhile, but if AA5 wants to be successful, it has to appeal to teen and 20s players more than us old farts. I still think that AA2 is a good template, but AA5 needs to bring AA2 into the 2020s... meaning it needs to be modernized and fit the styles of gameplay that are more relevant in the current market. I'd personally love a game that plays like AA2, but is more competition oriented.

Competition is where long-term relevancy is. Any game that doesn't push for competition and do it well will die in months. That's not to say that casual/public matches aren't important, sure is... most players play casual, however, when you're talking about players who will be champions for your game, help it grow, spread word of mouth, etc. it usually comes from people who are deep into the competitive side.