AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• Odin[DK]Odin[DK] Posts: 30Beta Tester
    btw, an easy way to get people aware of the game when it comes out? Throw down a $10 donation or so to one of the top streamers like Shroud or Dr. Disrespect, and put a message asking them to try out AA5. At the very least if they read it over stream (which a lot of them do), 10s of thousands of people will know AA5 exists, boom.

How do you expect people to be able to donate $10 - when half of the newcomers can't even afford a $2 microphone :p
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    That's a free game problem for sure. Many people play because it's free. That doesn't mean you don't have wealthy people too though.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,121Player
    edited July 16
    Free games can easily have donors and advocates who will be willing to pitch in financially to spread the word as long as the product is worthwhile. Heck, free games like fortnite have people spending hundreds on skins. I'm sure a few people can pitch in $5 on major streamers to spread the word on AA5 if needed. I will say that as a free game if you don't have a strong anti-cheat system in place, the game will be DOA. Either way, AA is free with no catch. No pay-to-win, nothing like that. I wish that the Devs could monetize the game in some way so they could get more resources, but it seems to be impossible.

I will reiterate that it's absolutely necessary for AA5 to have the following on launch:
    1) Solid netcode with minimal desync
    2) Strong anti-cheat
    3) Competitive ranked mode (or at minimum ETA on launch)

I can't imagine a round based FPS being popular without those three things at this point.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    AA5 status. Go!
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    It's still a bunch of ideas jotted on some post-its around the office :p
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited July 24
    AA5 status. Go!

lol. It's too bad, they should have started AA5 after they released AAPG 1.0. Game was already shot at that point. They could have probably had it out right now in a time when the market completely sucks and everyone is looking for something fresh to play.

I hope they have enough of a foundation from their other work with UE4 that something can be put out in 2020. July 4, 2020 would be a good time. Maybe the market will still be in poor shape at that point. I honestly don't see anything capturing the market any time soon, but then again something could come out of nowhere like PUBG & Fortnite and even Apex.

EDIT: I guess Modern Warfare in October 2019 may be a contender, but we'll see.
    AAPG was truly a proving grounds for the team that developed it. I'm not sure if they are doing AA5, but it's clear to me that it was a learning experience. How that is applied to AA5 is to be seen.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 678Player
    Only thing it proved was they need new management
    I don't know that they'll make a game that will support the goals of having an esports team, but one exists for other games > http://www.militaryspot.com/news/elite-gaming-army-engages-youth-esports
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited July 25
    Yeah, we had mentioned this at some point earlier in thread. It gives me a shred of hope that they will try to design AA5 to compete with CS & R6 as a round based competitive FPS. At this point in time, I can't imagine any MP FPS games competing or having any sustained success that doesn't have a ranked/competitive aspect, BRs maybe being the sole exception.
    So. AA5 and all..
    doogle! wrote: »
    So. AA5 and all..

:p
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    You grumpy hangers-on are pretty funny.

Have I mentioned that Epic has a complete UE4 development environment available to the public, and there's tons of courses so you can learn how to make your own games?

It's what I'm doing....learning it myself. Much better than sitting around complaining.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Pfft... Complaining is so much easier than what you're suggesting.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    EXACTLY!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I knew I fed your fire. It's exactly what you wanted. My turn. Do the Devs have to learn it?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited July 29
    I knew I fed your fire! My turn: I don't know anything. Why do you think I'm important? I don't, and I'm not!
    ______

iF yOu DoNt LiKe It MaKe YoUr OwN gAmE
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    You grumpy hangers-on are pretty funny.

Have I mentioned that Epic has a complete UE4 development environment available to the public, and there's tons of courses so you can learn how to make your own games?

It's what I'm doing....learning it myself. Much better than sitting around complaining.

As wonderful as that sounds, the time it would take a single person or even a small group of inexperienced people to create a full fledged high quality, bug free, optimized game worthy of being consumed by the public is insane. Most people don't have that kind of time to dedicate. Add in the fact that the chances of getting any sizable player base is extremely small and well most people don't have any reason to even try. If you enjoy doing it as a hobby then feel free, but it's not good practice to expect others to do so.