AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 637Player
    has any one checked to see if us army has a boost in recruitment numbers after an Americas army game is released ,i cant see the army spending huge amounts for no returns
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,096Player
    edited May 9
    has any one checked to see if us army has a boost in recruitment numbers after an Americas army game is released ,i cant see the army spending huge amounts for no returns

The only AA game that could have possibly been popular enough to have an impact was the original. During that time we were also in the beginnings of a war (or two) and I remember reading that AA2 SF was put out because they needed an influx of SF soldiers. So I assume there must have been some impact.

AA3 & AAPG were so niche that the average gamer doesn't even know they exist.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 648Player
    The services aren't hurting for new recruits. Retention is good, and turnover is going to happen naturally. Just keep steady numbers in, steady numbers out.

https://dod.defense.gov/News/News-Releases/News-Release-View/Article/1691314/department-of-defense-announces-fiscal-year-2018-recruiting-and-retention-numbe/fbclid/IwAR0Amn3tRie7ka3zpCaHzuVMDk0KJQysGDO8NbFy432GePnJeA28epikvfU/
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 422Player
    The game is hurting for new recruits. I expect console is outperforming PC.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    The game is hurting for new recruits. I expect console is outperforming PC.

Console is also like 2 years old whereas PC is 6 years old.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 422Player
    That's accurate. The free to play library on console is also likely much less crowded than PC.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 186Player
    Console Port Fortnite Clone.
    There you go people, you heard it first. Padlock unlocked...
    /end discussion
    35d2uec.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,571Beta Tester
    I'm kinda sick of FPS games. I'm hoping AA5 has rideable rainbow unicorns (with lasers on their heads, of course)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited May 15
    btw, an easy way to get people aware of the game when it comes out? Throw down a $10 donation or so to one of the top streamers like Shroud or Dr. Disrespect, and put a message asking them to try out AA5. At the very least if they read it over stream (which a lot of them do), 10s of thousands of people will know AA5 exists, boom.
  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 132Player
    btw, an easy way to get people aware of the game when it comes out? Throw down a $10 donation or so to one of the top streamers like Shroud or Dr. Disrespect, and put a message asking them to try out AA5. At the very least if they read it over stream (which a lot of them do), 10s of thousands of people will know AA5 exists, boom.

Haha nice trick trying to get us to donate money to your streaming accounts :)

Great idea with very little investment.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player

Whoa, put in any work advertising? Let's not get too carried away there.
  • vDropvDrop Posts: 30Beta Tester
    lol a 10 dollar donation won't cut it for guys like that. But I get what your saying.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 648Player
    edited May 16
    edited
  • {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player

I think you have more success with YouTubers like BigFry, DevilDogGamer, LevelCapGaming and Eroktic. Those guys are more invested into FPS games then any other.
    edited May 17
    vDrop wrote: »
    lol a 10 dollar donation won't cut it for guys like that. But I get what your saying.

I've regularly seen Dr. Disrespect read $5 donations, but IDK. You'd just have to be like, "Hey Doc, new America's Army is coming out, are you going to try it?"

I remember Shroud saying a week or so ago (I think) that something like 85% of his subs come from Twitch Prime these days. So if that's the general trend, people who pay actual cash are a much smaller group. If that's the case, then it's not so crazy that their messages would actually be read.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 638Player

I've regularly seen Dr. Disrespect read $5 donations, but IDK. You'd just have to be like, "Hey Doc, new America's Army is coming out, are you going to try it?"

I remember Shroud saying a week or so ago (I think) that something like 85% of his subs come from Twitch Prime these days. So if that's the general trend, people who pay actual cash are a much smaller group. If that's the case, then it's not so crazy that their messages would actually be read.

I haven't watched shroud's stream lately. It used to be something like a $30+ donation was read out loud by the Text-To-Speech automatically. I'm not sure if that's still the case or still the minimum amount to be read aloud.

I haven't watched shroud's stream lately. It used to be something like a $30+ donation was read out loud by the Text-To-Speech automatically. I'm not sure if that's still the case or still the minimum amount to be read aloud.

I haven't been watching a ton of twitch lately, but every now and then I jump on to watch Dr. Disrespect and also see what the newest fad in MP gaming is. I saw Doc reading a $10 sub recently, so I know he still reads a decent amount. I also know he also will sometimes withhold reading certain things, but I'm sure if someone donates and asks his opinion about a new game he'd probably read it.

Anyway, who knows when we'll even be hearing about the next AA. Unfortunately, we're in the black hole in terms of information. I just hope that the Army breaks the mold and is more open once the game releases eventually. The gaming community will do much more to support an open dev team vs. one who is always hush hush. This is a public video game, we're not talking about some top secret stuff.
    edited June 1
    BTW, Battalion 1944 recently just integrated FACEIT as a native matchmaking tool. Wouldn't be a bad idea to consider if the Dev team can't implement their own system.
    https://www.faceit.com/en
    https://support.faceit.com/hc/en-us/articles/207783109-How-does-FACEIT-s-league-system-work-
    Anything cool going on here? :p
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 370Beta Tester
    Your 10 dollar donation turned into 9.37 to the receiver, thank you pay-pal for your services LOL
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!