AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    AA5 beta is coming out this year, right?

Sure it will... Just look a all them numpty point and click tools available for UE4 today, its literally the new Unity for shovelware...
    35d2uec.png
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 444Player
    There is a guy building an AA like clone all by himself. He's gotten pretty far for going it solo. Just sayin...
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 65Player
    AA5 beta is coming out this year, right? No other FPS games do it for me.

Nope.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 289Player
    I sincerely hope EPIC doesn't change their TOS for UE4 that it has to be an Epic game store exclusive. Hard to say in 2-3 years, but, as of now not coming out on Steam would be terrible.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 674Player
    lots of fanfare as the new best thing and then hype died off within a couple months when the devs screwed up the subsequent updates.

The prophecy of AA5?
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    edited May 3
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    AA5 beta is coming out this year, right? No other FPS games do it for me.

Nope.
    Let me dream fam
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,119Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    lots of fanfare as the new best thing and then hype died off within a couple months when the devs screwed up the subsequent updates.

The prophecy of AA5?

I hope not. Although knowing how things were for AA3 and the post-beta versions of AAPG...

I'd sure love one of the devs to give us an idea when we can start learning a bit more about what AA5 is going to be like. Even if it's very basic information.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    doogle! wrote: »

The prophecy of AA5?

I hope not. Although knowing how things were for AA3 and the post-beta versions of AAPG...

I'd sure love one of the devs to give us an idea when we can start learning a bit more about what AA5 is going to be like. Even if it's very basic information.

Yep. I'd take anything. AA:PG beta was the most fun I've ever had in a game, and I want that back but even better.
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    edited May 6
    Prediction wrote: »

Looks like a paid promotion story to me, "graphics on par with any modern AAA title" and "Weapons like the SCAR-H are modeled by people who not only know what it looks like, but how it operates." He should play the game before making statements like that.

Also interesting that they are still promoting this old game at events like PAX, granted they started to promote again that's a good thing.. But why not small samples of their newest projects, gets more attention than this game.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    L0rdDamian wrote: »
    But why not small samples of their newest projects, gets more attention

Maybe they don't have any?
    35d2uec.png
    L0rdDamian wrote: »
    But why not small samples of their newest projects, gets more attention

Maybe they don't have any?

At this stage they would have design templates of what might become of the game.
    I sincerely hope EPIC doesn't change their TOS for UE4 that it has to be an Epic game store exclusive. Hard to say in 2-3 years, but, as of now not coming out on Steam would be terrible.

Doubt they will change their ToS and make other development studio's have their games store exclusive to Epic, and even if they did it would be a good thing for AA to have direct and better support from Epic. Steam is old news, corrupted and acting more in politics interest then gamers interests. With Epic Game Store we finally have a competition against Steam which in return will benefit us gamers more then we would like to realize, it's time to stop the green light garbage that Steam is putting out there and have more solid games out there.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,051Player
    "This Information Is On A Need To Know Basis "
    and we dont need to know lolol.....
    Wasn't Epic game store just recently involved in a data stealing controversy?

Let's be honest, more people still have Steam. Epic has Fortnite, which means a lot of people have the EGS, but if you're not a FN player, odds are that you don't have it. Whereas, it would be rare to find a PC gamer who doesn't have Steam. I wouldn't be opposed to the game being on both platforms, but to be exclusive to EGS would be a disaster.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 444Player
    Steam doesn't have a true competitor. Exclusivity to a custom game deployment platform is great, but unless they go out and partner with other studios (pay) to deliver the type of content Steam delivers, it is and will always be a disaster. Steam is not exclusive to a particular company. It is a marketplace with a proven track record that no other game delivery service has. It isn't perfect, but it's the best at what it does.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited May 8
    Ubisoft already did the switch, and pulled The Division 2 and Anno 1800 from steam to go on EGS. The ones that pre-ordered still have it on steam of course. And the next Ghost Recon will also be on EGS by the looks of it. Coffee Stain Studios also removed their game called Satisfactory, and made it a EGS Exclusive.

This trend will be rolling harder and harder specially for developers that use UE4 for their games. On steam they would get 65% of the revenue with UE4 and on EGS 88% of the revenue with UE4 so you can count on them to make that switch sooner then later.

People are already upset because "ugh, another launcher blabla" but so far I prefer EGS, not because of any game launcher. But the games on it are solid games and not designed to steal your money and laugh in your face like 80% of the games released these days on steam are. If EGS can keep this up and their stores clean, they have my support.
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 60Developer

We've had the padlock slapped shut on our chatterboxes. As soon as I'm able to share anything... ANYTHING, I'll keep you all posted.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 674Player
    Your superiors never learn.
    V_NillaJ wrote: »

We've had the padlock slapped shut on our chatterboxes. As soon as I'm able to share anything... ANYTHING, I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully sooner rather than later. We're a small group here, but I'd gladly spread the word about the game when/if we get something concrete.