AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 659Player
    Bigger question is what platform is the game going to be hosted on, are you guys going to use Steam again, or will you use the Epic Game's competitor to Steam when they launch it?.

I have not heard of anything other than Steam. I mean we might, I have no idea, but any debate about that hasn't happened yet.

The game will be on every platform possible -- PC, Xbox, PSN, iOS, Android, everything -- even if the mobile apps are asynchronous and allow you to do something other than play the game (adjust loadouts, whatever).

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/announcing-the-epic-games-store

Today at The Game Awards they will provide us with more info about it, they got sick of steam lmao.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,325Beta Tester
    Well, I'm guessing they didn't 'get sick of Steam' but decided to take a run at their market share and make a buck off of competing with them. (Which would be a big undertaking, and I'm not sure Epic is capable of toppling Steam without some serious innovation on the concept.)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 382Player
    All other "game" stores/applications fail when it comes to steam. Steam is and has been the HQ for PC gaming for a long time. If developers/game companies want players to have any interest in their platforms, they are going to have first be amazingly innovative as Keebler suggest, and to partner with Steam and integrate with the steam platform in such a way that is transparent to the regular gamer. For example, Uplay and Origin are trash compared to Steam.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 573Player
    The ONLY thing Epic has going for it are the squeakers of Fortnite. That doesn't translate over to bronze hard-bodies like me with my entire library on Steam. Heck, Origin sucks so bad that I refuse to play some of my (old) favorite titles.

AA needs to stick with the clear winner.
    edited December 6
    Steam is good, no argument there. However, I feel they're killing of indie devs.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks#announcements/detail/1697191267930157838

Now, because of this I think Epic Game made the right move at the right time. Specially for those Indie developers because all they did was making a game and face a terrible grind to get somewhere.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 382Player
    Are you saying that Indie Devs forfeiting 25% of 10 mil to steam hurts them?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 166Player
    If they use distribution platform again. Putting a game on steam-direct costs a developer 100$ and 30% of a game sale goes to steam.
    Epic games it was 12?%.
    Theyll probably just pick the most popular one or host it themselves.
    edited December 6
    Drawn wrote: »
    If they use distribution platform again. Putting a game on steam-direct costs a developer 100$ and 30% of a game sale goes to steam.
    Epic games it was 12?%.
    Theyll probably just pick the most popular one or host it themselves.

35% for UE Games 30% for Unity Games on steam.
    12% for both UE Games and Unity Games on Epic Game Store.

This is without licensing cost for Unity, not sure what they ask for that.

This guy explains it very well on how things are going at the moment.
    Epic is charging FIVE PERCENT to use their creation tools, going directly to them regardless of host. Are there other charges?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 571Player
    edited December 6
    q7X5PsI.png
    Notice the checked box. It's working really well, as you can see.

This happens frequently with Origin.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 578Player
    edited December 7
    Yes, I was promised monthly updates this morning.

AAPG is good!
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 344Developer
    Flatlander wrote: »

It's slated for next week. I apologize holidays and conferences impacted our schedule for you.
    edited December 7

It's slated for next week. I apologize holidays and conferences impacted our schedule for you.

Nah, all fine. And remember : Apologies are for the weak :D Few days ago someone talked about monthly updates in a thread and I just thought about how you introduced yourself 49 pages ago :P Didn't even expected an update this month.
    AAPG is good!
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 344Developer

Nah, all fine. And remember : Apologies are for the weak :D Few days ago someone talked about monthly updates in a thread and I just thought about how you introduced yourself 49 pages ago :P Didn't even expected an update this month.

I still ride them pretty hard. >:)
  • [BR]-THROBACK1[BR]-THROBACK1 Posts: 19Player
    Two things i would add would be old school smoke Grenades and tossing Grenades like in the old AA you know under hand

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    Two things i would add would be old school smoke Grenades and tossing Grenades like in the old AA you know under hand

Smoke grenades used to be in game. There was a bug with them and I think they were just never fixed. Although, imo I think with the pace of the game, fogs do the job well enough.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 573Player

Smoke grenades used to be in game. There was a bug with them and I think they were just never fixed. Although, imo I think with the pace of the game, fogs do the job well enough.

If I remember right, they were simply removed because they lasted "too long"
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    doogle! wrote: »

If I remember right, they were simply removed because they lasted "too long"

I think the Comp group (when they existed) found some sort of bug with them.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    I think they lagged somehow.
    AAPG is good!
    edited December 9
    We still have (EDIT - ) SMOKE grenades in Overload for the VIP, in the train station, if anyone wants to test them.
    ______