AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

1272830323365

Comments

  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Brand recognition has been severely tarnished since that over hyped AA3 garbage was released.
    AAPG tried holding out the olive branch to the public, but it was to little too late.
    AA5 is do or die for the AA brand.
    Memories and hope only keeps people around for so long before they walk away forever.

    Walk away forever? Yeah....and I'm getting OLD, too! :rolleyes:

    By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?

    If the shoe fits...

    No. That's not how life works. If you crap on people, they lose interest in helping you. Why don't you know that yet?
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?

    I am not here to stroke peoples egos Keebler.
    That's why you have an icon and I don't.
    35d2uec.png
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Brand recognition has been severely tarnished since that over hyped AA3 garbage was released.
    AAPG tried holding out the olive branch to the public, but it was to little too late.
    AA5 is do or die for the AA brand.
    Memories and hope only keeps people around for so long before they walk away forever.

    Walk away forever? Yeah....and I'm getting OLD, too! :rolleyes:

    By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?

    If the shoe fits...

    No. That's not how life works. If you crap on people, they lose interest in helping you. Why don't you know that yet?

    It's not crapping on people. It's his opinion of the game. If I remember correctly, Hollywood's already acknowledged the (lack of) quality of AA3. The near-universal opinion is that the game was terrible. Again, that's a critique of the game, not the people who made it.

    If you, as a player, tell an umpire that "your call sucked," you're not going to be ejected just for that. If you tell him "you suck," you're going to be ejected immediately. Not everyone takes things that aren't personal as a personal attack.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?

    Maybe that's part of the problem. We have a beta team (what I'm going to call the hype squad at this point) who may be telling the devs that things are good when on the opposite side the community is biting back.

    I'm pretty sure everyone posting on these boards doesn't want AA to disappear and I hope it doesn't because of negative comments as you speculate. I believe I was once told to "develop thick skin" in this community, so I'll rebroadcast that statement. If the game fails because it was poorly made, that is a lot different than the game fails because of negative feedback. Besides, it doesn't matter how much we soften it up in the community because if it stinks it stinks no matter how much of a happy face we put on it. Someone is or should be looking at the response by the community in turn out of players online and if it's going poorly, then the house has to change.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Brand recognition has been severely tarnished since that over hyped AA3 garbage was released.
    AAPG tried holding out the olive branch to the public, but it was to little too late.
    AA5 is do or die for the AA brand.
    Memories and hope only keeps people around for so long before they walk away forever.

    Walk away forever? Yeah....and I'm getting OLD, too! :rolleyes:

    By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?

    If the shoe fits...

    No. That's not how life works. If you crap on people, they lose interest in helping you. Why don't you know that yet?

    Ah, we all know these devs are "Army Strong". They won't let a few negative remarks cause them to deviate from the mission, that's just unprofessional.

    Of/c I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood (along with other devs) gave mudslingers the could shoulder and "silent treatment" though.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    Maybe that's part of the problem. We have a beta team (what I'm going to call the hype squad at this point) who may be telling the devs that things are good when on the opposite side the community is biting back.
    Thats a common misconception, we do tell them what we think, we even bring forward stuff from the forums, but at least we try not to insult the work and persons doing the work.
    Its really not that hard to push your point across without using words like "crap", "suck" etc.

    ss_4_frankof.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 676Player
    Aww, honest feedback from an adult community that cannot be handled by other adults.

    In the real world, I can use much more flavorful words than crap and garbage and people don't go crying. Why? Because we are all on the same team, wanting the same thing at work: mission success. It's no different than AAPG/AA5. Everyone here wants it to succeed. Wipe those tears and open those ears.

    -AA3 was sucky garbage.
    -AAPG was garbage marketing.
    -AAPG development was way too slow. Make a mistake? Fix it sooner than 6 months later. And FFS don't brag about having no deadlines or monetary goals on a Dev Podcast.
    -AAPG reps (Devs, Betas) and their interaction and attitude with the community was and still is, for the most part, garbage. One man can't change the way the majority of you have made the majority of the community feel.

    Garbage suck terrible crap. Did I miss any adjectives?

  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Brand recognition has been severely tarnished since that over hyped AA3 garbage was released.
    AAPG tried holding out the olive branch to the public, but it was to little too late.
    AA5 is do or die for the AA brand.
    Memories and hope only keeps people around for so long before they walk away forever.

    Walk away forever? Yeah....and I'm getting OLD, too! :rolleyes:

    By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?

    If the shoe fits...

    No. That's not how life works. If you crap on people, they lose interest in helping you. Why don't you know that yet?

    Ah, we all know these devs are "Army Strong". They won't let a few negative remarks cause them to deviate from the mission, that's just unprofessional.

    Of/c I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood (along with other devs) gave mudslingers the could shoulder and "silent treatment" though.

    The already took that childish approach when Tots was here. Overmoderating and a lot of baseless bans. There's no reason people shouldn't be able to offer feedback.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    ... There's no reason people shouldn't be able to offer feedback.
    Feedback, especially constructive feedback is welcome. I agree with this.

    However, when someone is going for personal attacks against other forum users, Devs, Betas, anyone... that is not good and should be moderated IMO if is really gets out of hand. I don't want to take sides on previous bans, I don't have enough information and I try to avoid "drama" in general. I'm just saying, that personal attacks IMO are not an acceptable way to give "feedback". (Also, don't take it the wrong way, that I'm writing this under your comment. You just happened to write something I'm responding to.)

    If all a person has to add, that "AAPG isn't a game worth speaking positively about.", then sure, this is some sort of feedback. But to be honest, not much good can come out of this statement, only flame-wars...

    What I personally really dislike, if someone is bashing on the game without any reasonable arguments. Because that never leads anywhere, only to forum flame-wars.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    Bring it in, come on.. Group hug.

    2iszktw.jpg
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 676Player
    group_hug.jpg
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    30 pages, we end up always at the beginning.

    Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    edited September 2018
    30 pages, we end up always at the beginning.

    What else is new, first they want opinions and feedback and then they start fighting each other because they have different opinions and don't like the feedback, they remove you from steam because the feedback hurt that little feelings.. That's just how the Internet works, [mod edit]
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    ... There's no reason people shouldn't be able to offer feedback.
    What I personally really dislike, if someone is bashing on the game without any reasonable arguments. Because that never leads anywhere, only to forum flame-wars.

    Without re-reading, I don't recall that happening.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    30 pages, we end up always at the beginning.

    Lets take a small peek why this happens.

    A group of us post changes, agree on changes, post reasons why these changes need to happen and post how these changes will positively affect the game.

    Then we get posts like, the game is great dont change it, you negative people are the real cause the game failed.. Blah blah blah

    One insult leads to another, It becomes a flaming war and nothing in the end gets changed.

    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    edited September 2018
    If the dev team doesn't like the negative feedback then they should make a statement saying such.
    Until then, no one should be speaking on their behalf. These developers are adults, they can handle a pg-13 (probably even PG) message board. This board is so tame compared to what other games look like.

    Otherwise, anything short of personal attacks should be open season. Just because someone has a beta tag doesn't mean their opinion should be worth any more than anyone else's.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    edited September 2018
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    If the dev team doesn't like the negative feedback then they should make a statement saying such.

    Meh.... If we were to only list the positives then they wouldn't know what they could do better.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Like Doogle said stop sugar coating crap, wipe your tears, there is no chance in [TOS Violation] I can positively swing how horrid the suppression is in this current state.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    edited September 2018
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    If the dev team doesn't like the negative feedback then they should make a statement saying such.

    Meh.... If we were to only list the positives then they wouldn't know what they could do better.

    I agree, but it seems like that's the idea, that the dev team is getting their feelings hurt by all of the negativity over all failed game. A failed game that people still have interest in making better.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited September 2018
    https://www.pcgamer.com/pro-counter-strike-player-slams-csgo-e2809cite28099s-not-fun-ite28099s-a-terrible-game-right-now-e2809d/

    Take a read people, this old article sums up sort of what we have going on here, and funny enough he points out a lot of similar issues that we have going on here.

    He doesn't sugar coat anything, he lets Valve know the issues and its basically fix or die, his past accomplishments, playing at the highest level gives him the knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

    Similar changes were asked for AAPG, and never came, and what happened? game died
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
Sign In or Register to comment.