AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    edited September 2018
    Playstation and Xbox <insert next console version here> are being actively developed now.
    Would be great PR to have AAV first on the list on launch in each consoles network as a free/fremium style game.
    Plus UE4 with all its "point and click" development tools should make game development a breeze for all you old old school UE3 developers.
    Just tell General Colonel McPenPusher to approve and release all that sweet sweet taxpayer funding as the game will be like Kiddie MK Ultra.

And let's not make the same mistake twice and ensure that there's plenty of content upfront ON LAUNCH. Otherwise you will lose players very quickly. First impressions count, and once a player is gone, it's very hard to persuade him/her to comeback.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    BTW, a guy on Reddit summarized a lot of this thread (up to September 7th) in this video:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    r/flataskstherightquestions Subscribe NOW!!
    AAPG is good!
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    BTW, a guy on Reddit summarized a lot of this thread.

Not bad, hope he keeps up with all the news.. we can use it.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    edited September 2018
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    So I dont have a PS4 but just checked the prices here in Canada for a PS4 game :open_mouth: $80-100 bucks for an FPS game, compared to AAPG being Free and PS4 not having any other free FPS game, its no wonder AAPG is doing better than PC.

I was gonna say its doing well, but lets not kid ourselves 2K players is not really doing that great. I guess compared to 300 it is
    That's not true. There are other FPS titles for free on PS4, such as Blacklight: Retribution.

And $80 for an FPS game? When there was just a flash sale on BF4 Premium for just 5 dollars?

Obviously he was talking about a Deluxe Copy for some upcoming AAA title like COD:BO4 or BF5

I'd question your sources if I were you, then-again, I guess only an actual PS4 owner such as myself would know what the PS4 life is like.

BF4 is as old as AAPG, not a great comparison. I'd assume he's talking about games released within the past year or so. I believe $60 is the standard asking price for PS4 games unless they're a limited edition type thing. For example, I think I saw R6 Siege Gold edition for like $80 on Best Buy.

Anyway, when it comes to free FPS games on PS4, the market for free tactical quasi-realistic shooters is probably just AAPG, that's the point. Although, the market really isn't much better on PC honestly.

BF4 was out a bit longer than AA:PG (2013 vs. 2015), yet I'm almost certain the PS3 pop on BF4 would outnumber the amount of people who play AA:PG on PC... by several times.

What shocks me is the lack of effort by the AA:PG team, and the Army in general. It's quite ironic how little they're doing to appeal to these "eyeballs" which they want looking at them and their game. Do U.S. Army soldiers even know that AA:PG exists, or that the Army even has an official videogame?
    I'm not sure, cause when I asked a recruiter --at a recent lecture -- about this game he said, and I quote, " I didn't even know it existed".

We all know that if the Army truly wanted to make a 5-star title which the world itself would rave about, they could, and they have (a long time ago).
    One of the seven core values of the Army, Duty, incorporates doing your job and fulfilling your obligations to the organization which you're apart of... Can we truly say this game has been doing just that?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
    BF4 was out a bit longer than AA:PG (2013 vs. 2015)
    Just a note, since I'm assuming you either picked the official release date or used Wikipedia for the release date. A huge portion of the player base got the closed beta back in May 2013 and then it went open beta in August 2013. The game was then "fully released" in October 2015. The vast majority of us who played AAPG started back in either May or August of 2013.
    What shocks me is the lack of effort by the AA:PG team, and the Army in general. It's quite ironic how little they're doing to appeal to these "eyeballs" which they want looking at them and their game. Do U.S. Army soldiers even know that AA:PG exists, or that the Army even has an official videogame?
    I'm not sure, cause when I asked a recruiter at a recent lecture about this game he said, and I quote, " I didn't even know it existed".

We all know that if the Army truly wanted to make a 5-star title which the world itself would rave about, they could, and they have (a long time ago).
    One of the seven core values of the Army, Duty, incorporates doing your job and fulfilling your obligations to the organization which you're apart of... Can we truly say this game has been doing just that?

I don't disagree that the marketing is pretty poor for this game. Although, the game got bashed pretty hard on release. Once you lose word of mouth no amount of advertising will save you.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    AA:5 Summary: "Yep, we're thinkin' about America's Army 5, sometime in the future. Hope all of this info is exciting! See you in three or four years! Oh, it might probably maybe be on UE4!!"

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    Yea... In 3 years there going to build on a 5 year old engine.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!

I don't disagree that the marketing is pretty poor for this game. Although, the game got bashed pretty hard on release. Once you lose word of mouth no amount of advertising will save you.

Look at the people STILL in here bashing AAPG and any future game that isn't exactly what they say it should be. I absolutely accuse those people of destroying this community and "anti-marketing" this game.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    Guilty! AAPG isn't a game worth speaking positively about.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester

What should they build it on then? You can't expect them to build an entirely new engine from the ground up... I think in 2-4 years UE4 will be it's golden age, but even if I'm wrong, it'll be a good platform.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    edited September 2018
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Look at the people STILL in here bashing AAPG and any future game that isn't exactly what they say it should be. I absolutely accuse those people of destroying this community and "anti-marketing" this game.

Are people supposed to lie about the game or keep quiet about a sub par product? What does that accomplish? So people try it, hate it, and then uninstall it anyway? If you build a great game more people will praise it vs. bash it and word of mouth will spread.

AAPG had some good aspects and a lot of potential that wasn't realized. In its current state the game is OK at best, certainly not something I'm going to go raving to my friends to play.

What should they build it on then? You can't expect them to build an entirely new engine from the ground up... I think in 2-4 years UE4 will be it's golden age, but even if I'm wrong, it'll be a good platform.

I think Epic has said that they aren't even planning another iteration of their engine (UE5) or at least not for a really long time. Instead, they intend to continuously upgrade the engine with an as a service model. Even Valve pretty much kept the Source Engine going for over 10 years before their newer Source 2 engine released over the last few years (which they hardly have any games on anyway).
  • |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 83Player
    so whats the news after all? is there a new game coming or what would be in the patch notes...
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    Brand recognition has been severely tarnished since that over hyped AA3 garbage was released.
    AAPG tried holding out the olive branch to the public, but it was to little too late.
    AA5 is do or die for the AA brand.
    Memories and hope only keeps people around for so long before they walk away forever.
    35d2uec.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    AA5 is do or die for the AA brand

Didn't they say that about AA3 all them years ago, yet here we are :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    Didn't they say that about AA3 all them years ago, yet here we are :lol:

AA2 had a large player base prior to AA3 being released and AA2 auth being switched off.
    So effectively AA2 was sabotaged, cut off at the knees, forcing players to migrate over to AA3.
    35d2uec.png
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Just tell General Colonel McPenPusher to approve and release all that sweet sweet taxpayer funding as the game will be like Kiddie MK Ultra.

Lol
    Brand recognition has been severely tarnished since that over hyped AA3 garbage was released.
    AAPG tried holding out the olive branch to the public, but it was to little too late.
    Memories and hope only keeps people around for so long before they walk away forever.

Walk away forever? Yeah....and I'm getting OLD, too! :rolleyes:

By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?
    ______

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Walk away forever? Yeah....and I'm getting OLD, too! :rolleyes:

By the way, do you really think that the word "garbage" is a useful feedback word that will make people working on this project want to listen to you?

If the shoe fits...