AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    Thanks for the quick response, I will try to see how that region change thing works, if it doesnt take much work I will do it. However I would like if you guys could make it happen, it would also boost your player base.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    I'm afraid not. Working with PEGI and other EU regulatory boards is complicated for our studio.
    I'll let everyone know as soon as we have a launch window.
    11 months ago.

I remember checking ps4 for aapg every day, two summers ago.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    edited September 2018
    Sounds like the Playstation Network is playing hardball based on a technicality for Euro AAPG.
    It's pretty easy for Playstation to throw its weight around when they know users are forced to use their own locked down proprietary system.
    35d2uec.png
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 117Beta Tester
    edited September 2018
    OICURMT! wrote: »
    Not a bad idea, I also love to see a 2 second delay between each jump..

I haven't played in a while, but I remember there being a "bunny hop" delay.

They added some delay yes, but not that it will effect jumping.. I can still spam it.

Ummmm... no, I personally can bunny-hop my life away IRL!... that said, trying to BH and fire, well, I think the penalty should be on the firing side and NOT the hopping side.

Personal experience with firearms dictate that BHing and Firing *ACCURATELY* are mutually exclusive.

OIC!

Well sure, go ahead spam that key and turn your back to tactical gaming and have this casual arcade crap that we have now because you can jump irl. I mean, most people love easy games like this so I do understand why.. But the series lost the soldier feeling and realism, this version of AA would never be able to recruit people to become soldiers or learn something from it like the other AA's did. Being able to jump 24/7 and glitching the system in the process because when you get shot mid air your body starts flying, and I landed outside the map multiple times so they could not revive me. GG.

Oh, and FYI.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to B-Hop in this game, as beta tester you should know that!.

I suspect that you misunderstood the intent of my post. Let ppl BH, I don't care... you can do it IRL, might as well in a game. What I am saying is that when you finish BHing, heavily penalize the person doing it by not allowing good aiming.

I don't BH IRL or in-game (though I can cut shapes and Melbourne! .. lolz), ppl who play against me know this. Only time I think I'd looking like I'm BHing is when 1) I try to climb that stupid railing on Watchdog defense overwatch and 2) any stone wall or rocks, which for the life of me I can't do in a single attempt no matter how easy it should be.

I also don't do the crouch/stand/crouch/stand thing either... 1) not important to me to even attempt it, as I don't really die IRL when I die... and 2) looks ridiculous. Yet another thing that should also suffer a penalty after a couple of cycles of C/S/C/S..., like take your gun away and smack you in the side of the head.

Being able to vault more than one items immediately after another is more important than putting a 2 second lag on the jump key.

OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    Easiest penalties to implement are increased sway and increased unsighted cone that grows with each additional action. I believe that in the past such things were tied to stamina.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    In the past? Aapg has stamina
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Easiest penalties to implement are increased sway and increased unsighted cone that grows with each additional action. I believe that in the past such things were tied to stamina.

Im not a fan of sway at all, while playing comp holding angles just watching your crosshair move for no reason is just dumb, never made sense to me. I rather see movement penalties when it comes to shooting, the more you move the larger the cone gets, for both ADS and hipfire, this puts more importance on movement as a whole and eliminates run and gun type of play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited September 2018
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

Im not a fan of sway at all, while playing comp holding angles just watching your crosshair move for no reason is just dumb, never made sense to me. I rather see movement penalties when it comes to shooting, the more you move the larger the cone gets, for both ADS and hipfire, this puts more importance on movement as a whole and eliminates run and gun type of play.

So you're saying you want the gun to not always shoot where you're aiming with ADS? As long as your gun always hits where you aim in ADS, then sway is your only modifier. I do think that earlier versions of AAO actually had a cone for ADS. It's why in pre-2.0 getting a perfect score on the shooting range was actually extremely difficult. Standing not only made the breathing pattern bigger, but sometimes your shot would just miss even with perfect aim.

So you're saying you want the gun to not always shoot where you're aiming with ADS? As long as your gun always hits where you aim in ADS, then sway is your only modifier. I do think that earlier versions of AAO actually had a cone for ADS. It's why in pre-2.0 getting a perfect score on the shooting range was actually extremely difficult. Standing not only made the breathing pattern bigger, but sometimes your shot would just miss even with perfect aim.

So thats how it works in CSGO, although there is no ADS essentially its the same thing moving while shooting creates a massive cone and you become extremely inaccurate. Hence why movement is tied into shooting and both skills need to be mastered together.
    No I dont expect this kind of thing in an AA series, playing both games now I could pick and chose the best parts to create one awesome game, that game would be AAV if only I had control.

But I wouldn't want to see a larger sway.

edited September 2018
    I wouldn't necessarily be against a cone for ADS, but it would have to be small enough to still reward good aim.
    It would have to have a hierarchy as follows from no cone to largest cone. ADS vs. Non-ADS amplifies the effect, obviously:
    Mounted w/bipod
    Stationary Prone
    Stationary Crouching
    Stationary Standing
    Stationary Leaning
    Moving Standing and/or Crouching (Honestly, I can't imagine that shooting while moving in a squat is as easy as walking)

I'm not quite sure how inaccurate we'd want the players to be though. For example, at 100m while standing still how much variance would we want? If I had the crosshair completely steady how often would I miss a head sized target? 1 in 10 shots? More? Less?

This system does have another positive aspect in that it works with the old CEM type system. Having teammates around could help boost your CEM and reduce the circle even more (like original AA did). You want to shoot more accurately? Be near your teammates. Of course, I would warn against making such an area so small where you have to be on top of your teammates in order to gain such a benefit.

It can also work with a suppression system. Suppression wouldn't necessarily a visual effect (although it can exist as such, but only enough to know that you're being suppressed), it would instead drop your CEM thus causing your enemy to not be able to fire back as accurately. In general getting shot at would lower your CEM, extended periods of suppression would continuously lower the CEM. What this means is that the CEM hit for taking fire is X and then it slowly increases the longer you're under fire. X would be a smallish value so as to not make fire fights turn into a battle of luck.
    I wouldn't necessarily be against a cone for ADS, but it would have to be small enough to still reward good aim.

Great aim still gets rewarded, again you combine precise movement with great aim. No cone penalty for stationary players, in csgo strafing is how you move, not holding down W like in these mindless games. With strafing comes counter strafing, which in short quickly stops the strafe so that you're not moving and can get dead aim.

But again, AA is a simple game, I dont except anything like that implemented. This is the classic hold down W shoot, move A move D, crouch type of game where there's no need for a cone on ADS.

Remember the game struggles to get the simple things right, there's just no need to over complicate things.

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    It can also work with a suppression system. Suppression wouldn't necessarily a visual effect (although it can exist as such, but only enough to know that you're being suppressed), it would instead drop your CEM thus causing your enemy to not be able to fire back as accurately. In general getting shot at would lower your CEM, extended periods of suppression would continuously lower the CEM. What this means is that the CEM hit for taking fire is X and then it slowly increases the longer you're under fire. X would be a smallish value so as to not make fire fights turn into a battle of luck.

BF1 uses an "ADS cone" system to balance weapons. Many people didn't really like it AFAIK (I never played BF1, but followed some YT channels who covered it in detail). In BF1, suppression also caused you not to be able to shoot back accurately, this was even more disliked. It especially affected sniper vs machine gun fights - basically all the machinegunner had to do, is to fire in near the sniper. Then the sniper couldn't retaliate.

Overall, I personally don't think this is the way to go, especially if you want to make things more "skill-based". In comparison to BF1, in AAPG you always fire where your scope shows. Even when you get the double vision from a nade, it's only visual, you can find the actual point where your bullets go. What gets harder is recoil control. BTW, according to BCPull's amazing (and mostly still accurate) Steam guide, suppression recovers twice as fast if you are near a teammate. Well, this entire ADS-cone thing highly depends on the size of the cone, as we know CSGO has a cone, but it's probably still the most skill-based shooter out there.

I think if a suppression system is in play, there needs to be some visual component to it. It's necessary as feedback to the player. It doesn't need to be too strong, but strong enough for you to know that you are under the effect of suppression.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    I definitely agree, it's part and parcel to ADS games that you shoot where you aim. It's why I said if any such system were to be implemented the cone would have to be very small. Maybe even to the point where being stationary and missing is impossible. You could definitely increase recoil on a suppressed target, it wouldn't mean so much if the player is trying to aim their shots and firing semi-auto though.

In general, I was trying to keep it within Doba's stop adding sway point. Personally, I think AAO/2 sway system is the best in that it's predictable, easy to learn, and extremely unique when it comes to ADS games.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    edited September 2018
    Suppression has been a feature in the battlefield series for quite some time -- BF3 (2011) has suppression, BF4 (2013) has suppression, BF1 has suppression and judging from the BF5 beta -- BF5 will also have suppression. Not to say that suppression only existed in BF titles starting with BF3.

Anyhow, going back to AA, here's my list of suggestions for both AA:PG and AAV:
    • Add a Monthly Dev-update video, discussing what players can expect to receive this month. This should be one of the loading vids, and it be put out in the first week of each month
    • Add more weapon skins and customization... A good game which does this is Black Light: Retribution...
    • More cosmetics... I feel that AA:PG can still retain its tactical feel while at the same time, give players more things to customize about their soldier, and overall attire. One of the reasons why COD is popular is because you can unlock aesthetics by completing career milestones and item challenges. Many AAA fps titles have an in-depth amount of aesthetics when it comes to customization.
    • VIP customization... - Allow players to dress up the VIP and such.
    • Keep in mind your audience. I suggest talking about JROTC, talking about some of the other branches of service, such as those in the medical field, or judicial field.
    • Enhanced Tutorial: Create a tutorial which better informs players of the many features of the game.
    • Remove Non-Applicable Tips - There are numerous in-game tips (in PS4 at least) which do not apply to the game, or cannot be performed. Players do not need to be lied to. Either implement these features or remove the tips which suggest that they can be performed or do exist (integrity)
    • Update Trello Board Weekly or every-other week. (last updated in August).
    • It's possible to link websites and such on the PS4 for your game. I recommend doing this so players can go and look at up-date notes or read important announcements.
    • In-game leaderboards
    • Elaborating on an idea made by another player, I actually suggest that players be able to earn or equip tactical upgrades which directly benefit team members, at the players own expense (selfless service).
    • Monthly Highlight-Reel. Video Showing the best match-highlights of the month... This would be uploaded either at the end of the month or at the beginning of the next month.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    Playstation and Xbox <insert next console version here> are being actively developed now.
    Would be great PR to have AAV first on the list on launch in each consoles network as a free/fremium style game.
    Plus UE4 with all its "point and click" development tools should make game development a breeze for all you old old school UE3 developers.
    Just tell General Colonel McPenPusher to approve and release all that sweet sweet taxpayer funding as the game will be like Kiddie MK Ultra.
    35d2uec.png
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Playstation and Xbox <insert next console version here> are being actively developed now.
    Would be great PR to have AAV first on the list on launch in each consoles network as a free/fremium style game.

Doubt it, PC will be the test build for console releases later on, just like with AAPG.
    So I dont have a PS4 but just checked the prices here in Canada for a PS4 game :open_mouth: $80-100 bucks for an FPS game, compared to AAPG being Free and PS4 not having any other free FPS game, its no wonder AAPG is doing better than PC.

I was gonna say its doing well, but lets not kid ourselves 2K players is not really doing that great. I guess compared to 300 it is

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    edited September 2018
    So I dont have a PS4 but just checked the prices here in Canada for a PS4 game :open_mouth: $80-100 bucks for an FPS game, compared to AAPG being Free and PS4 not having any other free FPS game, its no wonder AAPG is doing better than PC.

I was gonna say its doing well, but lets not kid ourselves 2K players is not really doing that great. I guess compared to 300 it is
    That's not true. There are other FPS titles for free on PS4, such as Blacklight: Retribution.

And $80 for an FPS game? When there was just a flash sale on BF4 Premium for just 5 dollars?

Obviously he was talking about a Deluxe Copy for some upcoming AAA title like COD:BO4 or BF5

I'd question your sources if I were you, then-again, I guess only an actual PS4 owner such as myself would know what the PS4 life is like.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

That's not true. There are other FPS titles for free on PS4, such as Blacklight: Retribution.

And $80 for an FPS game? When there was just a flash sale on BF4 Premium for just 5 dollars?

Obviously he was talking about a Deluxe Copy for some upcoming AAA title like COD:BO4 or BF5

I'd question your sources if I were you, then-again, I guess only an actual PS4 owner such as myself would know what the PS4 life is like.

BF4 is as old as AAPG, not a great comparison. I'd assume he's talking about games released within the past year or so. I believe $60 is the standard asking price for PS4 games unless they're a limited edition type thing. For example, I think I saw R6 Siege Gold edition for like $80 on Best Buy.

Anyway, when it comes to free FPS games on PS4, the market for free tactical quasi-realistic shooters is probably just AAPG, that's the point. Although, the market really isn't much better on PC honestly.