AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
    edited September 2018
    If I were to make a list for changes I would love to see in AAPG:
    • Movement Speed - Increase forward walking speed slightly, increase strafing speed slightly
    • Tactical mode - Using slow walk is completely silent
    • Action Speed - Increase reload time, increase weapon switch time
    • Grenades - Decrease effectiveness of flash bangs when thrown behind an enemy, decrease grenade kill zone, add thermite grenade
    • Damage - Get rid of damage penalties. As much as they're part of America's Army history, getting injured is penalty enough. Only apply penalties after being revived.
    • Suppression - Get rid of it, or at least reduce it greatly.
    • Aim punch - Get rid of it.

Other ideas that may take a bit more to implement:
    • Sound - See if it can be improved at all.
    • Squads - FT1 (R, R, R, AR), FT2 (R, R, R, AR), FT3 (S, R, S, R) or FT3 (DMR, R, DMR, R) or whatever other combinations make sense for each map.
    • Front attachments - Bipod - Deploys when prone or on things that you can mount. Can not mount without it. M320 - Each player has two shots. Foregrip - Reduces vertical recoil. Laser sight - Increases hip fire accuracy. Suppressor - self explanitory. Shotgun -> Why not?
    • Medic - Personally, I'd love to get rid of revives. If that's not possible, I'd love if there were some sort of active player medic ability. I've always said that bandaging oneself should only slow bleeding. Then you bleed to max of bleed damage or 1 hp (whichever is less). The only way to completely stop bleeding is to have a teammate heal you (no need to be a medic, anyone can do it).
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited September 2018
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    If I were to make a list for changes I would love to see in AAPG:
    • Movement Speed - Increase forward walking speed slightly, increase strafing speed slightly
    • Tactical mode - Using slow walk is completely silent
    • Action Speed - Increase reload time, increase weapon switch time
    • Grenades - Decrease effectiveness of flash bangs when thrown behind an enemy, decrease grenade kill zone, add thermite grenade
    • Damage - Get rid of damage penalties. As much as they're part of America's Army history, getting injured is penalty enough. Only apply penalties after being revived.
    • Suppression - Get rid of it, or at least reduce it greatly.
    • Aim punch - Get rid of it.

Other ideas that may take a bit more to implement:
    • Sound - See if it can be improved at all.
    • Squads - FT1 (R, R, R, AR), FT2 (R, R, R, AR), FT3 (S, R, S, R) or FT3 (DMR, R, DMR, R) or whatever other combinations make sense for each map.
    • Front attachments - Bipod - Deploys when prone or on things that you can mount. Can not mount without it. M320 - Each player has two shots. Foregrip - Reduces vertical recoil. Laser sight - Increases hip fire accuracy. Suppressor - self explanitory. Shotgun -> Why not?
    • Medic - Personally, I'd love to get rid of revives. If that's not possible, I'd love if there were some sort of active player medic ability. I've always said that bandaging oneself should only slow bleeding. Then you bleed to max of bleed damage or 1 hp (whichever is less). The only way to completely stop bleeding is to have a teammate heal you (no need to be a medic, anyone can do it).

All nice idea's, but they are not going to change up AAPG.. It's better to work on AAV.

Also to the Devs, please do not build your game upon CSHD like you did with this one. Build AAV on SSHD so we don't get a 2.0 of what happened already in AAPG.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Full server, cshd, combined with some pingers is the worst experience you can get. Works maybe in competition (since so many comps are rooting for it) but only because it's max 5vs5 and equal pings.
    AAPG is good!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    Give snipers more sway it silly how it is now they can jump then bob up down lean in and out and still have perfect aim.
    At least give more sway after movement.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Give snipers more sway it silly how it is now they can jump then bob up down lean in and out and still have perfect aim.

Agreed. I remember sniping in AA2 being very difficult. For some reason a lot of newer games make sniping so easy.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player

Agreed. I remember sniping in AA2 being very difficult. For some reason a lot of newer games make sniping so easy.

Too easy?

#IRegged #EnemyAimsLikeAPotato
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 446Player
    Sniping has been gamified for AAPG due to short rounds and tight maps. It can't be like it was in AA2/3 because the maps are so much smaller. A struggle all games have is real vs game balance. AA2 and AA3 looked and felt real. AAPG doesn't really do much of either.

Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited September 2018

Too easy?

#IRegged #EnemyAimsLikeAPotato

That would be suppression & aim punch making it impossible for you to aim, has nothing to do with the weapon being easy.
    Sniping has been gamified for AAPG due to short rounds and tight maps. It can't be like it was in AA2/3 because the maps are so much smaller. A struggle all games have is real vs game balance. AA2 and AA3 looked and felt real. AAPG doesn't really do much of either.
    That's also the result of one size fits all load outs. In the older AA games snipers were only available in larger maps. It wouldn't make sense to have a sniper in a map like Pipeline.
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    In the older AA games snipers were only available in larger maps. It wouldn't make sense to have a sniper in a map like Pipeline.

Oh Please No
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 321Player
    I wouldn't mind being able to review/replay recently played matches, and save em to my PS4. Also, split-screen wouldn't be a bad idea either.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    I wouldn't mind being able to review/replay recently played matches, and save em to my PS4. Also, split-screen wouldn't be a bad idea either.

PS4 doesn't have that functionality now? I know I can do those types of content captures and saves on the Xbox.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 321Player

PS4 doesn't have that functionality now? I know I can do those types of content captures and saves on the Xbox.

Yes, and No.

Technically I can go and take screenshots and record gameplay footage using the respective features on my PS4, however what I'm referring to is an in-game feature which would allow me to do that. This feature would allow me to replay matches and save the ones I wanna keep on my PS4.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer

Yes, and No.

Technically I can go and take screenshots and record gameplay footage using the respective features on my PS4, however what I'm referring to is an in-game feature which would allow me to do that. This feature would allow me to replay matches and save the ones I wanna keep on my PS4.

That would definitely be useful for competitive matches too. Being able to save/rebroadcast match gameplay. Hmm.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 681Player
    -Create Official ESports for AA.

-Make teams agree to NDA on results of matches. Violators matches are not broadcast.

-Edit, Cast, and Rebroadcast the match 24 hours later.

-Season winners (and 2nd, 3rd) get gold/silver/bronze icons next to their name (similar to AFA), until the next season starts. This is based on built-in, in-game support of "team rosters".

-Standings are displayed on a dynamic display as you access the "Esports" menu
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    doogle! wrote: »

-Make teams agree to NDA on results of matches. Violators matches are not broadcast.

-Season winners (and 2nd, 3rd) get gold/silver/bronze icons next to their name (similar to AFA), until the next season starts. This is based on built-in, in-game support of "team rosters".

Uh... That would 100% kill the last bit of my current social life!
    AAPG is good!
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player

2hprdt.jpg
    35d2uec.png
    edited September 2018

The biggest ESports events are broadcast live. See any major gaming tournament and it has hundreds of thousands of viewers on Twitch, doesn't matter which game.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited September 2018
    Just hope when they add it, they type it corretly... eSports.

And the ranking, don't make it season based.. CSGO's ranking style would be suited here.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 120Beta Tester

2hprdt.jpg

I LOL'd...
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Matchmaking would definitely be nice in AAV. Being a decent player against a stacked team and carrying it can be fun, but having a guarantee of more even gameplay is nice, too. Honestly, doing a good casual (like AA:PG has/had) combined with something well-made for competitive gameplay would be fire. Something fun you could just jump into. CS:GO has OKish matchmaking but then its casual is completely unplayable.