AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

1171820222375

Comments

  • valid|Dropvalid|Drop Posts: 33Beta Tester
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    BTW, personally I'd love if the PC version of AAPG would become a testing bed for features may come to AA5 until real development starts. I'd certainly start playing again if things like movement speed, action speed, supported adjustments, new attachments, fire teams, etc. were added/adjusted. It would allow the dev team to nail down the gameplay style for the next game before development even starts.

    Its not a bad idea to using PG as a guinea pig.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    vDrop wrote: »
    Its not a bad idea to using PG as a guinea pig.

    I figure the PC game is pretty much dead. May as well mess around with it while you still have some players who can test it and give feedback. May even give the game a small spike in players if they know that the changes will go towards building the next game.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited September 2018
    I had the same thoughts, 100% AAPG PC should become a test game at this point.

    Edit.. The problem with that is I could probably turn AAPG into a good game and there would be no need for AA5.. We dont want that
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I had the same thoughts, 100% AAPG PC should become a test game at this point.

    Edit.. The problem with that is I could probably turn AAPG into a good game and there would be no need for AA5.. We dont want that

    I think the PC version of AAPG could become the most awesome game around and it would still be dead because it's a 5 year old game on an old engine that was never all that popular to begin with.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 161Beta Tester
    edited September 2018
    Beta Testers -> Public Early Access -> Public Release

    Please use this cycle before anything goes full release, at least in regards to patches/updates. Put the Beta Testers at the forefront, but don't officially release it until the Public has fully tested. The Beta team can be your larger opinion, smaller testing front, but let the public environment wield the pre-public release to ensure quality.

    Development Concept -> Development Design -> Developer Coding -> Alpha Testing -> Beta Testers -> Public Early Access -> Public Release

    Shampoo algorithm applies... #AAV #AA:V will be the fifth, unfortunatly, there's someone out there who's still in the shower.
    --

    In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    Where I disagree with you Doba is on allowing movement speed to be the prized component of skill. Network latency will always be an issue and plays too much in part of movement speed, client side or not (although that adds another level of annoyance). I think the AA series has made its name on making the best use of defense (camping) and forcing action from the offense (run and gun).

    Don't make a game on my personal opinion alone, but I'm generally disturbed by the fact that most FPS games award movement speed over being shot. If I hit you 2x before you hit me, you should not have the same tactical advantage as I do. That is my personal pet-peeve.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    OICURMT! wrote: »
    Beta Testers -> Public Early Access -> Public Release

    Please use this cycle before anything goes full release, at least in regards to patches/updates. Put the Beta Testers at the forefront, but don't officially release it until the Public has fully tested. The Beta team can be your larger opinion, smaller testing front, but let the public environment wield the pre-public release to ensure quality.

    Development Concept -> Development Design -> Developer Coding -> Alpha Testing -> Beta Testers -> Public Early Access -> Public Release

    Shampoo algorithm applies... #AAV #AA:V will be the fifth, unfortunatly, there's someone out there who's still in the shower.

    I'm good with that. I chose to simplify it.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Don't make a game on my personal opinion alone, but I'm generally disturbed by the fact that most FPS games award movement speed over being shot. If I hit you 2x before you hit me, you should not have the same tactical advantage as I do. That is my personal pet-peeve.

    To be fair, if you hit your enemy twice then they have less health and still haven't even aimed at you. That's a pretty large advantage. If you end up losing the fight it's because you couldn't keep your aim on the target and they were able to kill you before you could kill them.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I'm not a great aim and I'm also not a terrible aim. While your statement is true, it's an unfair advantage they gain considering the prior circumstances.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Where I disagree with you Doba is on allowing movement speed to be the prized component of skill. Network latency will always be an issue and plays too much in part of movement speed, client side or not (although that adds another level of annoyance). I think the AA series has made its name on making the best use of defense (camping) and forcing action from the offense (run and gun).

    Don't make a game on my personal opinion alone, but I'm generally disturbed by the fact that most FPS games award movement speed over being shot. If I hit you 2x before you hit me, you should not have the same tactical advantage as I do. That is my personal pet-peeve.

    I've always only had one point of view because AA was the only game I would play, and that lasted from AA1 through AA3 .. since PG I've picked up other games and I think I've broaden my views on what makes a game better than others. In csgo movement is Key for many reasons, the proper use of corners obviously being the big picture, it creates quality fights where movement and aim take priority over what AA does.. and that is hiding in some tight spot + leaning just waiting for someone to cross your aim point. The only offensive counter is to peek corners by means of Lean which creates single pixel fights, horrid or just run out and hope I can out aim the other guy.

    AAPG played soo much better in the early stages when Lean wasnt part of the game, people actually had to learn to play corners, PCPull even made a video explaining how corners worked lol



    Anyway, lean and slow play go hand in hand, just like faster strafing without lean and actual corner play. Now having experience in both, I take faster strafing all day long.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Don't make a game on my personal opinion alone, but I'm generally disturbed by the fact that most FPS games award movement speed over being shot. If I hit you 2x before you hit me, you should not have the same tactical advantage as I do. That is my personal pet-peeve.

    To be fair, if you hit your enemy twice then they have less health and still haven't even aimed at you. That's a pretty large advantage. If you end up losing the fight it's because you couldn't keep your aim on the target and they were able to kill you before you could kill them.

    Agreed, we need a game that aim is priority, clean up all environmental interference like suppression and screen shake, you can have it in the game just not enough to influence my performance.
    Would love to implement a simple recoil pattern in say an "L" shape, so its more than just pulling straight down. Again good aim over spray and pray, I dont mean to implement something crazy like csgo has, simple but effective, something to learn and master.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Sr.GatilhoSr.Gatilho Posts: 51Player
    Well...I will make a bold suggesttion to try out : Replace Nade to fire nades,this will open a whole new world of strategies and improvising,that is something that this game lacks of:improvisation.
    I agree also that the player should be just a little more faster..
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I had the same thoughts, 100% AAPG PC should become a test game at this point.

    Edit.. The problem with that is I could probably turn AAPG into a good game and there would be no need for AA5.. We dont want that

    I think the PC version of AAPG could become the most awesome game around and it would still be dead because it's a 5 year old game on an old engine that was never all that popular to begin with.

    Dunno if your average gamer cares what engine a game is on? or even has the slightest idea, new or old. I think a great game speaks for itself, and almost everyone takes gameplay over graphics and such. Clearly way too much to change including every map!!!!! which is far too much work and too little resources.
    Sadly AAPG being a guinea pig is just a pipe dream, however one that would make all the sense in the world.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • tortured.autortured.au Posts: 23Beta Tester
    Microsoft wants $2 million to get on Xbox, not in the budget.

    Wow. Nice to see Microsofts greed is still healthy. Just another reason to hammer them, greed before patriotism.

  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Sr.Gatilho wrote: »
    Well...I will make a bold suggesttion to try out : Replace Nade to fire nades,this will open a whole new world of strategies and improvising,that is something that this game lacks of:improvisation.
    I agree also that the player should be just a little more faster..

    Molatovs do serve a purpose of stopping a full rush and giving your team mates time to rotate, dealing a good amount of damage to those who choose to run through it.

    Possibly implemented in one or two fireteam slots replacing the nade slot.

    On topic since ive seen it discussed and I agree nade damage radius needs further lowering, the devs have worked with us on this before I believe it still needs to be lowered.. You know how i stand on nade suppression.

    Flashes are far too OP especially with the cooking ability. Either have it where you only get flashed looking at the nade how it was in AAO or eliminate cooking to give aware players time to react.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

    Flashes are far too OP especially with the cooking ability. Either have it where you only get flashed looking at the nade how it was in AAO or eliminate cooking to give aware players time to react.

    x2
    image
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I cant really say that i remember ever having molotovs available, neither did my battle harness have a container for it ;)

    Edit:
    I found some funny info on the M34 WP grenade.
    The average soldier can throw the grenade 30 meters. The grenade has a bursting radius of 35 meters.
    Hmm, i sense some issues here... :D
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    According to wikipidia Incendiary grenades have been used by the US army since the 40s.. So technically it can have a place in the game. The technical parts on how it works needs to be relative to game play not real life.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Sr.GatilhoSr.Gatilho Posts: 51Player
    Yes I agree that the nade damage should be reduced,for many players the nade means a kill every round without really doing anything. Molotov or fire nades could be tested in AAPg right now I guess,that is nothing to lose at this point.
    Next game also imperial to improve: Smoke nades. Don't know why but in AAPG all the smoke\fog nades were horrible.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    I know many guys hate me for my nades/flashes since it's one of my strongest skills since the AA2 and just like someone said, don't take just my word for it, but if it would be my choice i would love to still have Granades and flashes as strong as they are. Also about flashes: AA:PG flashes have almost even sound and visual effect (both end at same time), AA2 used to have flash that kept beeping long after visuals reapear. Would love to have that hting back, recovering at least from sound should take longer, even though every soldier wear earmuffs.
Sign In or Register to comment.