AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 2018
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    Any update on what stages AAV might be in? Like has a game been someone built or you all still just chatting around a round table about it?

I think they're still in planning stages. I do know from videos that have been floating around that the Army has been working on UE4 for a while. It's why I'm a little more hopeful that the game won't take three years. Hopefully they can use a bit of the assets from some of their internal projects.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player
    I'm not sure if DC Universe Online has an in-house beta team. I do know they have PC & PS4 crossplay, and I believe there's also an Xbox version on its own server. They have a test server the operates only on PC and is used to not only find bugs, but to get feedback on game balance, new content, etc. I'm not sure of their player counts, but I know there are substantially more PS4 players than PC players, but they still test on PC and seem to get plenty of good feedback.

Perhaps keep the closed betas to look for specific bugs and have a test build out to get feedback on new features and discover bugs previously unknown?
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Hmm, what's the 6%? :lol:

You know, the usual -- funding, resources, the threat of global thermonuclear war, etc.
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    Any update on what stages AAV might be in? Like has a game been someone built or you all still just chatting around a round table about it?

I wouldn't even call it chatting, more like BS'ing around the table
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 171Player
    And 30,000 players per day on PS4.

Holy Cow! Congratulations to whoever's idea that was. :)

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 378Player
    edited September 2018
    https://steamcharts.com/app/203290#All
    Only 650 people playing America's Army in the last 24 hours for the whole wide world. Just let that sink in for a little bit. Its catastrophically bad.
    Pretty sad that people still use the circle argument and no one is taking responsibility or leadership for this mess. You might as well just shut up shop now and call it a day.

And 30,000 players per day on PS4.

Long Live Console, Long Live the PS4
    Speaking of which, since you said there'd be monthly updates can we expect the next one early this month or late in the month?
    Army SROTC Cadet

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Sr.GatilhoSr.Gatilho Posts: 51Player
    I can agree on bipods,remove this supported type and bring back bipods. Lets not forget one major issue that Must be better next game : Maps. All maps are poorly design with very few choke points and symmetric,too open areas(many times when turning a corner you have to watch too many spots),labyrintic maps,you can't really cover one zone without looking 360º .All maps are played almost in the same way except Inner hospital and that is why is the most played.
    Making 12v12 and 6v6 maps split the community(my opinion).
    Bring back different maps with different guns.
    Speaking of which, since you said there'd be monthly updates can we expect the next one early this month or late in the month?

End of September!

Private lobbies
    M17
    SCAR
    MP7 (80% chance?)
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 378Player

End of September!

Private lobbies
    M17
    SCAR
    MP7 (80% chance?)

Excellent, can't wait.
    Army SROTC Cadet

P0asKE2.jpg
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 2018
    Sr.Gatilho wrote: »
    I can agree on bipods,remove this supported type and bring back bipods. Lets not forget one major issue that Must be better next game : Maps. All maps are poorly design with very few choke points and symmetric,too open areas(many times when turning a corner you have to watch too many spots),labyrintic maps,you can't really cover one zone without looking 360º .All maps are played almost in the same way except Inner hospital and that is why is the most played.
    Making 12v12 and 6v6 maps split the community(my opinion).
    Bring back different maps with different guns.

+1 with this guy. Round based maps need choke points and shouldn't allow enemies easy access to flanks. Maps that are too open will never be good. There are ways to create the illusion of openness while still forcing choke points and things of that nature.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • tortured.autortured.au Posts: 23Beta Tester
    edited September 2018
    Anyway, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but 650 players is AWFUL. This game would be dead right now if it wasn't for PS4. Let's be honest. If the game is meant to get eyeballs on the Army then yeah, you need a large community. Not just 1000 or 2000 steady players, but tens of thousands.

I'm an American taxpayer, most of us here are. However, I don't think my fractions of a penny spent on this game are going to break the bank. We're all here because we're fans of the series and want it to succeed. I can't stand the entitlement answers that people always throw out when others criticize the game. We're here because we want to see a successful game because we have some sort of attachment to the franchise. If the dev team told us tomorrow that America's Army games would cease production permanently, I'd be a bit saddened, but I would move on. It's a video game, it's entertainment... there are more important things in the world than games. Even still, there are millions of other things that we can do instead of sitting on these forums making suggestions for a game that won't be released for another 3ish years. Yet, here we are. This has been the most active this forum has been in probably a year and half. So let's just have fun with it instead of attacking each other.

Absolutely, 650 players isn't great, but still not the end of the world. But the game has been around for a fair while now so like anything interest dies off, especially if the updates aren't as regular as we would like or expect. Would we love to see it back in the 1000's - who wouldn't!

We are all here because we love the game. All we want to see is it progress! Absolutely agree! I think it's great and imperative that the devs engage a bit more with the community. Hopefully the ARMY thinks so too, and gives the devs the resources required to make the next installment bigger than any of the others.

30,000 players on PS4 is massive. Good to see it wasn't a waste of time. Any plans on taking it over to XBOX as well?? Given the similarities between XBOX and PC I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard? Any thoughts towards multi-platform multiplayer? I know it would require both the PC version and PS4 version to be equivalent in gameplay which might be a problem. Any dev input would be nice.

I know a lot of people were against the PS4 dev but anything that gets people interested in the game is a good thing, regardless of platform. Also agree on the attacking each other, constructive criticism is a must if we are to get the best possible game. Un-constructive criticism pretty much wipes out any valid points that you may have made, people just don't listen if they feel like they are being attacked.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 200Player
    Also agree on the attacking each other, constructive criticism is a must if we are to get the best possible game.

+1
    Because we the public was always censored from posting such views openly.
    I think it's great how aaHollywood has come in and allowed the public to post their thoughts or feelings freely and openly without persecution.
    This is what we have needed for a long time, it's great to see the wheels turning slowly. Bring on AA5!
    1.jpg
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    I dont understand why everyone is so quick to jump on each other and point fingers. FWIW i think the beta team does a pretty good job all things considered.

But lets get back to reality here.....
    Game has been confirmed around 2-3 years from now
    All these ideas are gonna wind up in an archived forum like a bunch of the other good ideas, because a new forum skin will be used

Currently the DEV team is just "BS'ing" so why put so much thought process into these posts if we are years away. I dont get it. I dont care how much you love the game, it just doesnt make sense.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    Lets get APPG back
    I dont understand why everyone is so quick to jump on each other and point fingers. FWIW i think the beta team does a pretty good job all things considered.

All these ideas are gonna wind up in an archived forum like a bunch of the other good ideas, because a new forum skin will be used

Currently the DEV team is just "BS'ing" so why put so much thought process into these posts if we are years away. I dont get it. I dont care how much you love the game, it just doesnt make sense.

I agree until we have something to talk about lets get back to AAPG and see if we can improve this.
    If we can get the player numbers up it will also be a kick start for AA5.
    Add some AA2/AA3 maps this will bring back some old players.

1.Pipeline AA2
    2.CSAR AA2
    3.Alley AA3
    4.Impact AA3
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Anyway, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but 650 players is AWFUL. This game would be dead right now if it wasn't for PS4. Let's be honest. If the game is meant to get eyeballs on the Army then yeah, you need a large community. Not just 1000 or 2000 steady players, but tens of thousands.

I'm an American taxpayer, most of us here are. However, I don't think my fractions of a penny spent on this game are going to break the bank. We're all here because we're fans of the series and want it to succeed. I can't stand the entitlement answers that people always throw out when others criticize the game. We're here because we want to see a successful game because we have some sort of attachment to the franchise. If the dev team told us tomorrow that America's Army games would cease production permanently, I'd be a bit saddened, but I would move on. It's a video game, it's entertainment... there are more important things in the world than games. Even still, there are millions of other things that we can do instead of sitting on these forums making suggestions for a game that won't be released for another 3ish years. Yet, here we are. This has been the most active this forum has been in probably a year and half. So let's just have fun with it instead of attacking each other.

Absolutely, 650 players isn't great, but still not the end of the world. But the game has been around for a fair while now so like anything interest dies off, especially if the updates aren't as regular as we would like or expect. Would we love to see it back in the 1000's - who wouldn't!

We are all here because we love the game. All we want to see is it progress! Absolutely agree! I think it's great and imperative that the devs engage a bit more with the community. Hopefully the ARMY thinks so too, and gives the devs the resources required to make the next installment bigger than any of the others.

30,000 players on PS4 is massive. Good to see it wasn't a waste of time. Any plans on taking it over to XBOX as well?? Given the similarities between XBOX and PC I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard? Any thoughts towards multi-platform multiplayer? I know it would require both the PC version and PS4 version to be equivalent in gameplay which might be a problem. Any dev input would be nice.

I know a lot of people were against the PS4 dev but anything that gets people interested in the game is a good thing, regardless of platform. Also agree on the attacking each other, constructive criticism is a must if we are to get the best possible game. Un-constructive criticism pretty much wipes out any valid points that you may have made, people just don't listen if they feel like they are being attacked.

Microsoft wants $2 million to get on Xbox, not in the budget.

It's good to have a feel for what the community wants out of the game so when certain ideas come up during internal debates we can quash or move appropriately instantly.
    Lets get APPG back

I agree until we have something to talk about lets get back to AAPG and see if we can improve this.

1.Pipeline AA2
    2.CSAR AA2
    3.Alley AA3
    4.Impact AA3

I want Pipeline back NOW not just in the future.
  • -SD-Maclobster-SD-Maclobster Posts: 220Beta Tester
    Lets get APPG back

1.Pipeline AA2
    2.CSAR AA2
    3.Alley AA3
    4.Impact AA3

I want Pipeline back NOW not just in the future.

Ofcource this Pipeline addict will react on this.
    Personal i think the best map ever, it had it all
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    AA2 Hospital
    HonorTown
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited September 2018
    It's good to have a feel for what the community wants out of the game so when certain ideas come up during internal debates we can quash or move appropriately instantly.

Its pointless if the man calling the shots still wants a game "his way" like it has been in the past. I wonder how "he" (I guess the studio) feels about the great success of their game? and will anything change for the future? like listening to your player base.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    These attacks on Betas are uncalled for, they dedicate their own time to help find bugs, do extended hrs of testing and paper work that gets submitted to the Devs. A lot more work than just coming on a forum and complaining about a bug. Give it a rest already !!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw