Joining Through Steam

Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 574Player
Is this ever going to work again?

The last time I tried it from the desktop, the game started opening and then crashed.

Comments

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 622Administrator
    edited August 9
    I think the reason this is happening is because the auto login is broken. I know if your in game you can join off a friend with no issue most of the time. I am positive that this is one of the main reasons this function does not work properly.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 574Player
    I believe it previously booted the game and then stopped at the login screen because the auto-login is broken. Now the game doesn't even visibly open. It seems like it starts to, but then it crashes.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 574Player
    I think you are right Gorilla. It's been like this forever, but clearly priorities are broken in Alabama.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 622Administrator
    I am with you guys all the way on this issue. I would love to see a perm fix for auto login however it seems that some people have this issue and others do not. I know that my auto login ticket expires about every 2-3 games. Then I have to refresh it. At this point I have stopped resetting me auto login and I and many others have bugged the system to be broken.

The auto login should not reset nor need to reset. I have a strong belief that this is indeed the main cause for the irritation over trying to log into the game threw steam without having to open the game and sign in 1st.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,362Player
    So annoying its time it was fixed.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 348Developer
    Noted
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 74Beta Tester
    it seems that some people have this issue and others do not. I know that my auto login ticket expires about every 2-3 games

I've never had any problems except for having to type the password once a day.

I can launch from the desktop, pinned start, from explorere and from steam. Don't know why my system is different, just is.

--

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?